Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SpiderHyphenMan
Apr 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

Irish Joe posted:

I have my reservations about both, but I can't outright hate tv shows that promote Christian theology. Lost by advocating the catholic afterlife and BSG by having angels and disproving Darwin's theory of evolution.
Irish Joe taking his gimmick to bold new places this year.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SpiderHyphenMan
Apr 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
The Slap is an absolutely amazing comedy.

Nothin' gets resolved by TALKIN'
\

SpiderHyphenMan
Apr 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

VagueRant posted:

I've really been enjoying Better Call Saul and it's making me think about Breaking Bad - should I go back and watch season 4 episodes 2-12 and season 5 episodes 1-13?

Because I skipped those ones.

That's a thing I actually did.
No. You don't get to.

SpiderHyphenMan
Apr 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

feedmyleg posted:

Breaking Bad seems like such a fuckin' bummer. Why would I want to bum myself out so much?
That's what I thought too until I found out the show was 40% black comedy.
Even the show's darkest hour has the pants callback.

SpiderHyphenMan
Apr 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

hcreight posted:

Considering this is the first time Power Rangers has entered the mainstream public consciousness in forever, they should be thanking Kahn and Shankar.
The Red Ranger from the season 13 years ago killed a guy with a sword in self-defense a couple of weeks ago. There was that.

SpiderHyphenMan
Apr 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
"What the hell did I do? I made a parachute account, of course." -Ravane, probably

SpiderHyphenMan
Apr 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
Better Call Saul deserves literally all of Breaking Bad's audience.

Edit: Also Greg Giraldo's roast of Larry the Cable Guy is peerless.

SpiderHyphenMan fucked around with this message at 06:23 on Mar 31, 2015

SpiderHyphenMan
Apr 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
"How is it possible that Courtney Love looks worse than Kurt Cobain?"

SpiderHyphenMan
Apr 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
I really wanted to like Mad Men because it's so well-produced, but ultimately I didn't care about most of the characters. Maybe it got better in Season 3.

SpiderHyphenMan
Apr 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

Ravane posted:

BB had a lot of unlikeable characters, and sometimes it's important to have these characters, but not when they're so terrible (I hosed Ted terrible) that you constantly hope that Walt kills them all.
Hot takes right here.

SpiderHyphenMan
Apr 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

Ravane posted:

Let's go back to Skylar. Everyone hates her because she's a complete bitch, like I'm gonna smoke while pregnant bitchy. And she's a complete idiot. She's either a caricature or actually a really terrible person. And she's not plotworthy. Joffrey was a king, he's integral to the plot. She's just a bad wife and a bad mother and not plotworthy . If she was toned down or taken out of the story completely, BB would have been much better. It's important to have despicable villains. But Skylar's not a villain, she's just a terribly written person. And she doesn't deserve the amount of screen time she gets. She's awfully boring and uncompelling.
Hot takes right here.

SpiderHyphenMan
Apr 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

Ravane posted:

Are you seriously 40 years old? Kinda pathetic dude. I might be the worst non-serious poster on TVIV, but you're the worst serious poster on here. Like you're really sad.
Hot takes right here.

SpiderHyphenMan
Apr 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

Ravane posted:

Deadpool, I'll agree to a month probation if you probate this guy for a month too. I genuinely just want to gently caress with him.

Edit: gently caress it, I'll agree to a year (or whatever is bigger than a month) probation, if you probate this guy for a month.
I agree to this.

SpiderHyphenMan
Apr 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

SpiderHyphenMan
Apr 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
Yeah you totally don't care about this place.

Ravane posted:

I DIDN'T loving CREATE THIS ISSUE!

When I first came on here to TVIV, I was being completely sincere about everything, My first thread was the Parks and Rec thread. Some dude made a joke about wanting vegetarians to kill themselves, which I said was very offensive (Being vegetarian myself). I got called a Social Justice Warrior for loving defending vegetarians. Make any other joke, don't tell a class of people to kill themselves for no reason.

I go to the Arrow thread, which is full of comic talk. I don't read comics and it's genuinely my first exposure to the Arrow. I'm asking questions about the Arrow and about its villains. I don't loving know the difference between Slade Wilson and Deathstroke. I know Slade from Teen Titans, I never assumed him to be the same as Deathstroke. A simple Go gently caress yourselves to the people who called me a troll for not knowing the difference.

Then comes the joke about not knowing who Alfred Hitchcock was on this thread. Of course I've heard of Psycho, but no I had no idea who Alfred Hitchcock was and that's not trolling, no matter what I said to save face and no matter what others said. I didn't know that he was a famous director, who gives a gently caress. My PhD's not in watching movies guys, it's in Biochemistry. And from then on, every small thing I don't know from the very specific to the very general has had me being called a troll.

So go gently caress yourselves, all of you, because I'm sick of being called a troll, when I'm not trolling. You guys made me into this "troll" person. Every time I post my opinion, it's always "Oh Ravane's just trolling." Go gently caress yourselves for being so dismissive.

I've been completely serious for the last week or so, and I've still got a bunch of Ravane's trolling posts, which means it's not my problem, it's yours. It's gotten to the point where if I even slightly disagree with any of you, you immediately claim "Ravane's trolling" EVEN WHEN I'M loving RIGHT (I'M TALKING ABOUT YOU ZOUX AND YOUR RACIST TIRADE!).

But the thing is I don't give a poo poo that you have called me a troll. Just give me the chance to loving change and post normally. You guys treat me like poo poo on here to the point that one of you asked me to "kill myself". WHAT THE gently caress! When have I ever told any of you guys to kill yourselves? Never! I value you guys decently enough that I'd never say anything like that, even when I say gently caress off, I say it half jokingly because I get you guys are actual people with feelings. To the rear end in a top hat that told me to kill myself on this thread, gently caress you dude.

I don't think I've ever been that bad of a troll to warrant anyone to say that. I'm not bullying children here, I'm making loving DAD JOKES every once in a while. Literally, the hatred that you guys have for me is unwarranted. But it's gotten so bad, that I see random posts from new people in other threads that say "Oh it's just Ravane, nobody likes him." NEW PEOPLE that have barely even formed an opinion about me are getting on the Ravane hate train. Yeah, so you guys did make me a loving martyr to throw all your angst and hatred against. For what?

A couple questions: "Who is this, who is that?" A few dad jokes. Some slightly racist effort posts. And a whole lot of genuine opinions about how I feel about certain tv shows, which others who feel the same way don't get pinned. Not the way I do.

TL;DR for those of you with the attention span of a squirrel: Evaluate yourselves, the problem doesn't lie with me, it lies with you.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SpiderHyphenMan
Apr 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
A man walks into a doctor's office. "Doctor," he says, "I'm terribly depressed. I feel completely pathetic and I worry that everyone thinks I am a joke."
The doctor says, "I have the perfect treatment. The great clown Ravane is in town. Go see him, you'll feel so much better about yourself and your lot in life."
"But doctor," the man sobs, "I am Ravane."

• Locked thread