Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
I really enjoyed watching the TVIV Couch Chat in 2014, the show had another stellar year. The addition of Annakie to the writers room really freshened up the storylines and Deadpool continued to deliver the dialogue we love him for. Shame that some of the new casting choices haven't worked out (hopefully they figure out how to limit Ravane's screentime this season) but the Toxx/precision romance was on point, IRQ's arc of losing his grumpy nature was heartwarming and Irish Joe continued to be the show's MVP. Can't wait to see what they produce this year!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Toxxupation posted:

Rarity has been an albatross around the shows neck for literally years now and they show no signs of writing her out, I'm not confident continuing forward

I agree but they can't write her out, she's essential to the show's popularity. It's James Marsters all over again.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Sophia posted:

Be sure to check me out in my latest hard-boiled cop drama, Death Claims. I'm amazing!

CineD was not a fan :smith:

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
I liked the bit on BSG with all the copies of Grace Pak in the nuddy

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
They should have gone with the one mooted option that Lily was an android. It would have made her samurai storyline much more poignant.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

LibbyM posted:

So I know the very basic gist of the ending, that the mom is dead, and that's why Ted is telling the story of her to their children. Is there more to why everyone hates the ending so much, or just that it ended on that kind of note?

Turns out the story is really about how Ted really wants to bang Robin and mum's dead so that's ok, right?

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Galavant :stare:

Vinnie Jones in Galavant :catstare:

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
So are we just going to use the Agents of SHIELD thread for Agent Carter? Cause if so I'll knock up a different OP and edit it in tomorrow.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

timp posted:

This was posted in GBS but I feel like it will be appreciated here too.

69 TV intros re-imagined by forums poster RaceFat thread / YouTube Playlist

They're listed on the playlist in the order they were written and they get better as they progress. Still, I'd recommend just picking a show you recognize and going from there. My personal favorites are True Detective, The Americans, Doug, and The West Wing, but they're all great in their own way.

These are universally terrible. Someone tell RaceFat to be ashamed.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Megazver posted:

I like the iZombie trailer. Very Veronica Mars.

David Anders you say? Sold

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Metropolis posted:

Mine's Last Exit to Springfield.

I'm going with You Only Move Twice

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
I can't imagine Marley as Supergirl at all :psyduck:

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
This an old show from the UK. We're ahead of the curve

Behind it too :pervert:

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
The latest episode of Glee involved:

- Sue worshipping her Klaine shrine
- Sue using a surveillance drone to spy on Will
- Sue revealing that Blaine and Karofsky (who are dating) are third cousins
- Sue hypnotising Sam to kiss Rachel and steal Will's mail
- Becky dressed in a giant lobster suit

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Rocksicles posted:

Why are you sullying this thread with Glee bollocks Rarity?

If I have to suffer then so should everyone else :smith:

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

IRQ posted:

I've seen the first 1.5ish seasons of Glee and I really couldn't tell you what the gently caress it seems to be about at this point based on the bonkers stuff people post about it now.

Beiste is having a sex change

Real or no real?

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Sober posted:

We playing Glee or Rarity now?

(My guess is Rarity)

Nope, Glee!

Brittany graduated high school and went to MIT

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
I'm another person who just lost interest in Sleepy Hollow. The second season just seemed so slow and derivative compared to what came before, it was a huge disappointment.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Spatula City posted:

The episode with the lactokinetic guy is in season 2 of Misfits, so that's wrong. and then season 3 has the alternate history Nazi episode, right? So.
I sort of fell off watching Misfits midway through season 3 though, partly because I missed The Best Character so much. Although Rudy was loving great from what I saw.

You missed out on zombie cheerleaders, zombie noir, acid trip bunny, the four Horsemen of the Apocalypse, a man who's penis has been stolen, a tortoise boyfriend and Satan-worshipping boy scouts. It was as awesome as it sounds.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

GMArcturus posted:

So you are fine with them making completely unnecessary changes to the characters just because they can? You don't find that the least bit stupid? I don't care if they make some changes but good lord if they are making this many changes then why bother calling it Supergirl? Why not just create a new heroine and give her this backstory? This is going be the stupidest DC series yet and none of you so-called fans can see it.

Are you the guy who got mad that Barry Allen wasn't blond?

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

lelandjs posted:

Hey let's stop talking about comic book shows you guys.

And start talking about video game shows instead. How does a live action Legend of Zelda show sound? Netflix apparently thinks it's a good idea.

How is something both the best idea and the worst idea?

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Anime Curator posted:

Not a big Zelda fan myself but my girlfriend absolutely loves the franchise -- her favorite being Majora's Mask (which I plan on buying her the 3DS version later this month). I told her about the news and she thinks given the right approach and using the proper timeline technique the show will be a smashing success. I argued that though I agree that Zelda is a household name, it didn't have the appeal of keeping people coming back. Shades of Mario Bros. anyone? Naturally she got a bit annoyed with what I said and going on about how I "never even gave the game a chance". She wouldn't be lying, I only have been playing a bit of Windwaker HD normally for an hour or two (I just the Master Sword). I have just not taken the time to invest in the series, I don't hate the game, so far the experience has been enjoyable. I told her there about a 3% chance of the show even being decent, and even then will it keep eyes glued to the TV. She told me I was 100% in the wrong. I shrugged it off and we went out separate ways to cool off. Then again I hear this is all a rumor and neither have confirmed it's happening (?) My girlfriend thinks this idea is heaven, and I think it's hell. Which spiritual land will be right? I guess we'll find out in a couple of years. I will give her one thing though: recently what Netflix has been putting out have been of high quality. I feel guilty only paying the amount they offer to the services/production they offer. If Netflix "feels" they have something with this, then who am I to judge. To be honest though, it I were a huge Zelda fan I would be worried, maybe even pissed off that Nintendo would allow this, but that just me. I gotta go apologize to the girlfriend now.

If this caused you to have a legit fight then you both probably shouldn't start dating till you're 14.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Irish Joe posted:

Slapping/Spanking a unruly child is not abuse and calling it abuse is a slap in the face to every child who has actually been abused.

This is one beautiful post :swoon:

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Aphrodite posted:

It's okay, nobody else watched it either.

I watched it, it was really good :smith:

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Ravane posted:

*Judges random commenter judging random commenter making a judgement based off a random comment* :bahgawd: How far can we take this before anyone gives a poo poo?

Oh god, nothing we do here means anything

:negative:

Guess I might as well just bingewatch the Killing :smith:

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

GreenNight posted:

Oh just you wait until you see a pack of cheerleading zombies.

If you want to see this then just watch Misfits :allears:

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
We are all parachute accounts for Irish Joe

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Deadpool posted:

Eh, I don't care much about Game of Thrones and Walking Dead as long as they don't dominate the discussion and cause slapfights. The other two should be banned from life itself much less Couch Chat.

Last week I was at a house party and this girl introduced herself to me with "Hi, I'm Becky, I really love Doctor Who!" I made a quick excuse and avoided her the rest of the night.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Junkenstein posted:

You quoted the word 'physical' right there and yet ignored it?

Irish Joe gonna Irish Joe

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

FactsAreUseless posted:

His girlfriend did.

:drat:

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

C-Euro posted:

Confession time: My fiancee and I have been bingeiing through the first season of Glee over the last week or so, and...I'm kind of down with it. Maybe it goes off the rails later on but so far this first season has been funny and all the singing and poo poo takes me back to doing my own high school music days. Also it has a bunch of weird subtle music jokes and it lets me make dumb music jokes, both of which go over my fiancee's head. Is that so wrong of me?

OH GOD GET OUT WHILE YOU STILL CAN :supaburn:

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

DivisionPost posted:

(Not a long one though because THAT loving OWNED. And so did this week's SHIELD.)

Yeah, this week's Agents of SHIELD knocked it out of the park. That shouldn't be ignored with how great the Flash was, both shows are on top form right now. I feel like watching this much awesome TV in one day is cheating somehow.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

muscles like this? posted:

A really weird thing about the CW's Flash show is that they're treating it as if the 90s series actually happened, just without the Flash. They've had multiple people reprise their roles from that show, the best example obviously being this week's episode. They not only had Hamill as the same part but they even used shots from that show as pictures when discussing his crimes.

At this rate the season finale is gonna involve FlashDad breaking out the super speed

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
This week's Last Week Tonight is a total must watch. John Oliver flew out to Moscow to do an interview with Edward Snowden including visibly crushing his spirit by showing people had forgotten and ignored everything he was warning them about

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
When you play the Game of Chairs, you either win or you cry

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Vanderdeath posted:

I miss when shows actually had theme songs. I wish they'd come back.

Shows have them all the time!

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
ABC are reportedly making a spinoff for Agents of SHIELD

Also mentioned, AoS is pretty much assured a season 3 and Agent Carter has a 60% chance of renewal

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

pentyne posted:

After seeing Dethlock 2.0 they production staff knows where to improve to make the money count. The "powers" sfx are still kind of weak, especially with all the slowdown effects but I don't think anyone is expecting movie level quality on a TV show.

Skye's secondary slo-mo powers are the best part of what she does :colbert:

Junkenstein posted:

I'm not sure that's necessarily true. I think AoS will always react to the movies rather than the other way round.

Even though it's unlikely any of it will be mentioned when it comes, they're already dealing with concepts for a movie 4 years away. Also, there's an undercurrent tone that's building up to Civil War.

Rarity fucked around with this message at 20:52 on Apr 9, 2015

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
I legit love Agents of SHIELD and think the people complaining about it in these last two pages are being ridiculous.

That said, 6 episodes in Daredevil is miles better than it in every way.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

DrVenkman posted:

I still think that people are trying to figure out the pacing for a Netflix show in that they seem to be treating these things as a 10 hour movie instead of a TV show, but it's still a format in infancy.

I don't really see where this complaint is coming from. Yeah it's a serial story but each episodes is structurally different like ep3 focusing on the law firm, ep7 digging into Matt's past and ep10 revolving around Matt and Foggy's breakup. It's no less episodic than say, the Wire.

• Locked thread