Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

I didn't see a thread, so I'll ask here. Is anyone else watching Man Seeking Woman on FXX? I saw a preview during The Americans tonight on FX and thought I'd get a sitcom-style show and...have seen 15 minutes of horror movie parodies where Josh is set up with a new girl, then is chased by family members and tortured by his mom who's seeking information on the new girl.

Is the entire series this way/meant to be this way? The first few minutes were funny, but it's getting stale fast. I'll just stop now if it is. Jay Baruchel's character wasn't funny at all in Goon (only place I'm aware of seeing him), but this wouldn't be his fault.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

Sober posted:

Did anyone else watch Allegiance?

It was pretty meh, had some okay moments. Don't get all the comparisons to it being like The Americans other than "Russian family secretly spies" angle.

Watching it now. It feels a lot like "Let's get the jump on The Americans and their turn Paige into a spy storyline" coupled with an occasionally-too-cheery soundtrack.

I'm willing to give it a couple more episodes, but it feels like something FX could do much better at right out of the gate than NBC. The last NBC show I really, really enjoyed was a show I first saw on TNT because they'd cancelled it and TNT picked it up out of the half-off bin (Southland).

CBJSprague24 fucked around with this message at 04:00 on Feb 7, 2015

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

I went back to last Thursday's posts hunting for talk about Allegiance (starting to become decent, might be worth continuing to watch despite being an NBC product) and found Two and a Half Men finale talk. Might have to check it out given it sounds like they bitched about their own show for an hour.

I watched when Sheen was on it and his last season was leading up to a potentially great payoff (Manny Queen/Rose's mind games swaying Charlie to fall in love with her/"How's this going to play out?"). It was one of those shows that I watched and kinda felt guilty for doing so because it wasn't really that great, but just enough to keep my interest. I watched the first episode with Kutcher & that ended it for me.

I wish Lorre would've talked at some point about how that season (in which real life Sheen went batshit) was going to end.

Sleeveless posted:

Man, now I'm thinking how great the finale of Family Guy is going to be.

The Simpsons' finale.

"We probably could've ended this poo poo in 2005, but noooooooooooooooooooo, you morons wanted more."

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

Allegiance is on and it was actually interesting last week.

cebrail posted:

Was this the gaudiest product placement in TV history? I'm trying to think of anything else, but I can't. I mean, there were things like the O.C. episode about the T-Mobile Sidekick which is hilarious when you watch it today, and Community had the Subway stuff, but even when they made fun of it and went super over the top it still wasn't as much as this Modern Family episode.

There was an episode of Hawaii Five-0 where the large Samoan informant (whose name escapes me) talked about how "Dis Subway five dolla footlong is helpin' me lose weight like crazy, bradda! It's got all the meats, cheeses, and veggies a guy like me could want!". The only thing he didn't do was break the fourth wall.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

Is it bad I know this song in Allegiance is one of the ones nobody ever played on the radio from Maroon 5's first album?

Also, poor Alex listening to his sister fool around with some guy.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

What ever happened to The Burn with Jeff Ross? Is it cancelled or just in a massive hiatus?

Watching the Bieber roast on a bit of a delay because of Better Call Saul. The proper comedians and Martha have killed, but why are they roasting Justin Bieber? It's almost as strange as why Donald Trump needed a roast, and why The Situation was a roaster.

To that end,

Irish Joe posted:

If you want to roast someone, roast someone who gets his balls licked by everybody, like Jon Stewart, or David Letterman.

I agree, but the problem with this is the James Franco roast, if I remember right, was a beat-off contest between unfunny comedian Seth Rogen, unfunny comedian Jonah Hill, and unfunny comedian Andy Samberg to be the one Franco loved the most.

CBJSprague24 fucked around with this message at 15:05 on Mar 31, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

SunshineDanceParty posted:

Jeselnik's show getting no ratings was so predictable I feel bad for the people who thought it was a good idea. So dumb it's cute.

I watched the pilot and didn't make it past the first commercial. His delivery of everything was terrible. Never found Inside Amy Schumer that funny either.

The Burn was epic and they need to bring it back.

• Locked thread