Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
I'm watching an episode of Friends' seventh season, and it makes me incredibly sad that David will never end up with Phoebe :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
They premiere tv shows on consoles now? This loving world.

zoux posted:

Perhaps I can interest you in my fanfiction :kiddo:

I might be interested

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
Something called "Almost Human" on tv... holy poo poo Aceveda has gotten super fat, it's always sad when you see handsome actors become kind of fat like this :(.

The guy from Pirates of the Caribbeans is in this though :allears: Also I'm not sure but I think one of the daughters from 8 Simple Rules is in this.

Kurtofan fucked around with this message at 00:06 on Jan 21, 2015

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
What's Glee about? Isn't it some college musical show?

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

less laughter posted:

Do you live in a cave in the Himalayas

almost, Paris suburbs. Looking it up, it looks like it's airing on some obscure cable channel called OCS Happy in these parts.

it's funny, our main national channels air many US cable shows while a lot of stuff that airs on NBC, Fox whatever is relegated to cable.

Kurtofan fucked around with this message at 22:25 on Jan 25, 2015

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
Who the gently caress is Jessica Jones.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

muscles like this? posted:

She's a more recent character and her big thing is that she has superpowers but doesn't run around as a superhero. She did when she was younger but quit after a traumatic event.

So Hancock.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
That's very high definition.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

Sober posted:

One of these days people are gonna figure out if it was shot in 4:3, it should stay in 4:3, the gaping black bars on the side of the screen be damned.

I like the black bars.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
Spirited Away and Howl's Moving Castle tonight on France 4, pretty neat.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

GreenNight posted:

I like the new version of the show that shall not be named much more than the older iteration.

What?

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

Irish Joe posted:

Don't you mean... who?

:smug:

Yes

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

Mo0 posted:

How does anyone still have forums cancer?

It's a Hellthread thing.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
Did they ever intend to release Cold Case on dvd? I know the musical rights are all over the place and that makes it too expensive, but they must have known right?

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

Timby posted:

They should have known, but they might not have cared -- poo poo, think about how long it took to get the music rights for WKRP in Cincinnati and The Wonder Years figured out, and both of those ran for less time (and were much bigger cultural touchstones) than Cold Case did.

It took a silly long time for Malcom in the Middle to get dvd releases, no idea if they changed the music.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

Timby posted:

Even NBC Universal stopped releasing the season sets of the original Law & Order, which was far more popular at its height than Cold Case could ever hope to be.

Is this why it's impossible to find Vanilla Law and Order seasons on amazon? Amazon.fr at least, haven't checked uk or com.

Or retail.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

Timby posted:

In the US, anyway, you can still get a few of the Vanilla seasons individually, but unfortunately the complete series box set went out of print like a year after it went on sale. :smith:

To be honest with you, there is a full box set of Vanilla on amazon.fr but for something like 1100 euros lol.

edit: 1572, 48 euros to be precise.

I did get the first three seasons of Vanilla for an okay price, but nothing else until the latter seasons, but those are always on syndication anyway.

Kurtofan fucked around with this message at 23:42 on Jan 29, 2015

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

Irish Joe posted:

$350 on American Amazon for the twenty season box, plus every season is available individually for like $30. I'm also pretty confident the entire series is available on Hulu Plus.

edit: its cheaper to buy a round trip plane ticket to America and buy it off Amazon than it is to buy it in France. :lol:

The guy selling it is American too, and the dvds are for the US region :psyduck:

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
Is it like Tales from the Crypt?

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

Wandle Cax posted:

Irish Joe lives in a parallel universe where Stargate is still running.

Irish Joe used the Quantum Mirror?

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
How's Elementary?

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
I'm liking it already, it's more fun than Sherlock.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
The Dark Knight Rises is on tv... what's up with Bane's voice.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
Tom Hardy should have done a Latino accent or something. I'm glad I didn't go see that movie years ago.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
Is Penny Dreadful a good show? The premise looks interesting enough.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

zoux posted:

Watch out Disney Channel, Netflix is coming for you.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OTMZ2X5cE_Q

I thought this would be a cartoon but then I remembered Disney is all about the teenage sitcoms now.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

xbilkis posted:

For everybody who had Kid Cudi in their "Who will replace Reggie Watts on Comedy Bang Bang?" pool, congrats

Did you make up all those names.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

muscles like this? posted:

Hey Psych fans, Dulè Hill has been cast in the pilot for the CBS show Doubt, where he'll play the main character's best friend. Unfortunately said main character is not played by James Roday.

I'm psyched.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
Is Fargo a good tv show?

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
Fargo's first episode was pretty great, also I've realized I've seen the movie, though I don't remember much about it besides that it stars Steve Buscemi and Peter Stormare.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

xeria posted:

RIP Leonard Nimoy

Oh no :(

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

Deadpool posted:

I know he's been in a ton of stuff, but the only thing I really knew him from was Fringe. He was great in that though. Seems like he had had a good long life though and that's good.

Oh yeah never watched ST besides the reboot but he was great in Fringe.

zoux posted:

He died of being old.

Early 80s isn't that old an age to die nowadays.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
In France this show was called New York 911.

Apparently it started airing here on September 7 2001, that's some timing.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

Vanderdeath posted:

I had zero intention on watching the Daredevil show but Vincent "Made Lt. Goren Sherlock Holmes before the Sherlock Revival" D'Onofrio is reason enough.

Same boat.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
Just watched the pilot of Orange is the new Black, is the opening always this long?

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
Don't get me wrong, I love openings but sometimes they're too long. If they're great I guess that's ok but the Orange one isn't that great so...

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
I liked the Irish jig style the first season of Crossing Jordan had got going: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OYA8EfeikMw

They changed it for the other seasons.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

zoux posted:

Here's the full Daredevil trailer:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZdNK8L3ZdmE

When's the thread for this going up?

So Kingpin is a anti-hero type of deal?

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
Does Netflix not get money from ads? Is that why they have the whole "the whole season right now!" policy?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
Funny stuff, I realized that House of Cards isn't available on Netflix in France, because Canal+ got the rights to it. I didn't want to watch it but that's pretty funny.

• Locked thread