Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll

So he can say he hasn't watched them and instantly get attention.

It all worked flawlessly, as you can tell.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll
Breaking Bad is also a really gorgeous show to look at, some of the best cinematography and most beautiful landscape footage ever seen on TV. It's the best tourism ad for New Mexico that state could have possibly hoped for, visually.

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll

PriorMarcus posted:

Yeah, Mad Men lost half its viewers when it turned out the main obstacle to Don being a cool, witty, pussy machine was Don himself.

Turns out those viewers were the mad men all along

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll

FactsAreUseless posted:

Gerry Gergich lived to 100.

You mean lives, he doesn't die until 2048

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll

SHUPS 4 DETH posted:

I gave up after about 5 eps (the last one I remember was The Hungry Games or whatever that was actually called).

That was the penultimate episode of the season, so rather than just 5 eps you watched all of it except for the finale.

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll

DivisionPost posted:

I didn't grow up with Leonard Nimoy either, but the few things I've seen him in, he always brought a weird, addictive energy to the table. I know enough to know we lost someone great.

You should really watch Fringe. I often wonder why you haven't watched it yet since being as into PoI as you are, it seems like a glaring omission.

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll

Mu Zeta posted:

When are they making Chicago Law?

Chicago Med is first.

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll

Bown posted:

You're the Worst needs to come back literally immediately

You can watch Catastrophe in the meantime, it's pretty similar.

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll
It's called a fawn

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll

lelandjs posted:

Though I maintain that in the pilot Alec Baldwin voiced him because it sounded just like him :colbert:
He sounds nothing like AB in the pilot.

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll

FactsAreUseless posted:

I realize there's a thread for it, but if you aren't watching Kimmy Schmidt you're an idiot.

Don't you mean Kimbecile

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll
ICYMI, Kimbecile is what Titus calls Kimmy when she's being an idiot

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll

Mo0 posted:

Yes you do it's part of the goddamn show and I don't care who tells me otherwise it's important.

Watching the House of Cards opening every time basically doubles the total running time from 39 to 78 hours, that's how long it is

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll

Stormageddon posted:

So they're trying to push it past 3 seasons? Seems like it's bound to get boring the longer they push off the eventual fall.

After finishing season 3 I realized there's enough storyline potential and life left in the characters, setting and buildup for at least 6 seasons total.

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll
season 4 - Frank vs. Claire (spoiler for the season 3 finale), both matrimonially and professionally
season 5 - after the election, the next Presidential term in office structured similarly to season 3 but not as merely a placeholder President
season 6 - definitive fall, the roof comes crashing down on everybody including Doug and Claire

6 seasons would really be the bare minimum to tell the whole story for these characters and not having to resort to rushing through the third act, like the final season of Boardwalk which was essentially multiple seasons compressed into one shortened one.

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll

IRQ posted:

Well that's a pass from me then.

You realize you just made a decision not to watch something based on the equivalent of a Youtube comment, right

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll
Random internet comment underneath a video: "I have not seen this show, but this short trailer vaguely reminds me of director X"
IRQ: "Eww I hate director X, thank you for your thorough assessment and informed review of this entire season that you have watched attentively, I will now never watch it ever"

Seems rational.

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll

Rarity posted:

If you want to see this then just watch Misfits :allears:

Or Glee

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll

PriorMarcus posted:

Only if you go look for pages and pages of college freshman level analysis of the deep themes present in children's cartoons. Where do you post or frequent that this is a major issue?

The Something Awful Forums > The Finer Arts > The TV IV

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll

Fooz posted:

I think Togetherness, while sort of dull, has very accurate portrayals of gender.

Ah yes, a.k.a. the show where Amanda Peet plays the MPDG to Steve Zissis's goony egomaniac, who has no redeeming qualities yet is somehow the man of her dreams. Such accuracy.

That half of the show is just a complete male wish fulfillment fantasy.

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll

Bown posted:

You haven't watched very much Togetherness have you

I've watched all of it.

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll

Bown posted:

Well then you weren't paying a ton of attention? I finished it a couple of days ago and there's very, very little of that. I was expecting a lot more but it was kinda refreshing in that she didn't really fall for him or anything.

It's more like you were the one who wasn't paying any attention then, maybe you should watch it again. On the whole everything involving their fledgling romance, and the Alex character in general, was really pretty embarrassing writing and casting.

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll

Ariza posted:

Do the French sue for $10 million

No, the French sue in Euros

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll
Nikita '10 is great from beginning to end, don't listen to Captain Capslock.

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll

Manos del Sino posted:

Also, as good as the season was, it wasn't even my favorite.

Agreed, season 2 was better and remains the best of the 3.

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll

zoux posted:

iZombie's getting pretty good reviews so far. Looking forward to it.

But you said you never watch shows that haven't been renewed for a second season yet

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll

zoux posted:

CW always renews shows for a second season.

Except not really

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll

Zedd posted:

The fixed version is pretty much an actual dutch gameshow for years now. So that 30rock plotpoint was always silly to me.

Not just Dutch.

And the whole point of the 30 Rock joke was that it was silly. :thejoke:

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll

Sober posted:

But I wouldn't be surprised if book characters possibly outlived their usefulness because of their popularity on the show?

He hasn't finished a book since the show started

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll

Mu Zeta posted:

I think The Americans has more violent kills than Hannibal. Some really gruesome stuff like breaking a woman's bones so she can fit into a suitcase.

She was already dead when they broke her bones.

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll

zoux posted:

Bloodlines comes out today. AV club gave it an A-

Based on a mere 3 episodes out of 13.

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll
Welcome to 2008, I guess

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll

Ana Lucia Cortez posted:

So... I guess nobody cares about Bates Motel? where's the s3 thread up in this bitch? :(

Here you go

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll

hope and vaseline posted:

Man, with X-Files and Twin Peaks returning, are we hitting peak 90s nostalgia yet?

It's not going to get much better than this: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt3551096/

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll

Wandle Cax posted:

White people play white people from other countries all the time etc.

So racist

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll

thrawn527 posted:

The best cooking show is The Katering Show on YouTube, sooo....

I thought it was Hannibal

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll

IRQ posted:

Speaking of renewal worries, is anyone else concerned that Last Man on Earth seems to be getting burned off? 2 eps per week lately, and tonight it's the only thing new on Fox's lineup. That does not look good.

TVBTN (renew/cancel index) lists it as guaranteed to be renewed

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll

The Nastier Nate posted:

I like Trevor Noah, but I was hoping they'd give Jessica Williams a shot at hosting. She's done a great job with her bits and remote segments.

She didn't want it

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll
It's spelled ALF in all caps, which stands for Alien Life Form

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll

FactsAreUseless posted:

NBC doesn't make sitcoms anymore

They've currently got 5 actually: One Big Happy, About a Boy, Marry Me, Undateable, and Welcome to Sweden. And Mr. Robinson starts in the fall, along with any others they announce during upfronts.

• Locked thread