Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

PriorMarcus posted:

it's like swimming in runny, cold poo poo in search for some dollar bills.

Sober posted:

it was like finding something shiny in a pile of crap.

Is fun-with-feces the new cool around here?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

zoux posted:

I think Gawker is enjoying the rear end eating scene from last night's Girls a bit too much.

I don't watch that show but it seems apparent that Gawker has never given/received cunnilingus from behind, or is even aware of where an anus is in relation to genitals.

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

zoux posted:

This just occurred to me but, has Netflix cancelled a show yet?

HEMLOCK GROVE, ending after S03. Originally they were committing to two seasons of each new show for reasons, which I think really helped sell the perception of their content's value.

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

Aye Doc posted:

he talked about eating dirty unwashed pussy

Naya Rivera?

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

Deadpool posted:

Here's Thomas Jane looking goofy as hell in space.

That hat. Give him an apple to eat and he'll be both an anus and an rear end in a top hat.

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

Xandu posted:

It's an interesting concept I guess and I like Baruchel, but it's not really funny. At all.

Jay Baruchel is the Don Knotts of his generation and should similarly be relegated to supporting roles.

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

sbaldrick posted:

Why would you do that to yourself. If any show has ruined itself by the ending it BSG

Started watching, thought it was great, then got to the beginning of S03 and it was a brick wall. I don't think I've ever seen a show become so farcical, so immediately. I couldn't manage past the first few episodes.

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

Decius posted:

And would only have worked if they had cast a far worse and less likeable actress as mother.

She has a mouse face and every single thing about the character was saccharine crap.

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

Irish Joe posted:

Holy poo poo that picture. :psyduck:

Women find this man attractive.

And men find Anna "I can't close my mouth" Kendrick and her sharpened rat face attractive. What's your point?

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

Apologize now and she'll expect you to cede on the next really important debate that arises. Y'all clearly have better stuff to do than be childish so hash things out and get through this tough time. Hth and gl.

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

More than just a single line, the meditation-healing is mentioned a few times through the season. And the actual way it plays out is no different than any other property where the hero is back to 100% in no time.

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

Mu Zeta posted:

Did he get the healing power from the radioactive spill? Or is that more of a ninja thing.

Ninja. The chemicals did nothing but blind him. His abilities are inherent, mastery and healing through karateman training.

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

thrawn527 posted:

Did karateman training teach him how to smell cologne on a man who was on a different floor than he was? Or hear someone's heart beat from across a room well enough to serve as a lie detector test?

I always thought the chemicals did something to enhance his other senses beyond the normal "blind man can hear well" cliche.

Stick says that Matt's one of the lucky few gifted with power, that his vision distracted him from his abilities, so the implication is that he was born special, that it only presented itself after the vision went, then Stick told him to take a chill pill. Actually, on this much Stick didn't even train him a little as once Matt stops resisting, he's calling out things no differently than his much more experienced guide.

cvnvcnv fucked around with this message at 14:32 on Apr 13, 2015

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

I have thinks and feels on GoT that I can no longer hold my tongue on. Born in the early 80s, I was...

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

blue squares posted:

Holy poo poo wow. Daredevil has a subtitle option that is someone narrating outloud what is happening. It's very well written. Do other shows have this, or is it so that blind people can watch the show?

For the blind, who complained about not getting to enjoy their blind hero.

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

Davros1 posted:

Foggy needs to die, like three episodes ago.

This will get much, much worse for you. Insufferable.

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

Aphrodite posted:

Not that he ever got to a point they should kill hm off or anything though.

Except when we reach the episode that is exclusively him sending Matt on a guilt trip and literally attempting to morality to death everyone who is being affected by the plot. Matt had to ignore him, of course, but it doesn't change that Foggy is selfish, cowardly, sanctimonious, and expressed his abject limitations as a character viable to this world in such a bold display. He doesn't have what it takes to be of any use, only to wear plot armor.

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

Party Plane Jones posted:

(since FXX has no real programming)

IT'S ALWAYS SUNNY into oblivion and one more season of THE LEAGUE, I sense the people in charge are actually content with that.

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

pentyne posted:

I finally finished Nikita, and hot drat is it near perfect. It stumbles here and there but it knows exactly how to end a series on a high note with nothing left behind. I'm so glad that some exec at the CW loved the show so much they pushed for a final season despite ratings.

I loved NIKITA but the finale was atrocious, one of the absolute worst eps in the show, exacerbated by the penultimate episode being possibly the series' best.

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

hope and vaseline posted:

I've never finished season 3 :( I don't think I ever got over Sean biting the dust, and Michael's missing hand angst.

But that's when things start getting especially bonkers. Finish the journey.

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

1 800 J JAMES posted:

I stopped watching after Percy's downfall - does the plot ever come back to his apparent grand scheme of ingratiating himself into the art-appreciating Illuminati?

Yes, his efforts to gain entry opens the door to that group, and they certainly become more integral to the plot.

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

IRQ posted:

Hulu intentionally sucks rear end because the people that own it would really rather you buy cable.

I have all the channels and Hulu Plus and find value in it. Also, commercial breaks may be equal in number with free but duration is shorter. A lot of them skip for me completely.

And you can always search using Bing if you want Plus for free, which negates any cons.

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

MrAristocrates posted:

Hulu does the exact same thing, for the record.

A Syfy Original

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

Irish Joe posted:

How nice of those soldiers to fall over and play dead after being shot. It would've totally ruined the scene if they didn't instantly "die" the moment a bullet touched them, regardless of where it hit; didn't lose all forward momentum after being struck by a bullet 1/100000000 their body weight that passed right through them; and didn't attack one by one.

Glad to see chivalry isn't dead.

Gunshot wounds: They only matter if the bullet was huge, heavy, and hit in the head or heart.

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

JohnSherman posted:

My Two Dads made more sense when I assumed it was NBC cribbing Full House. Knowing they both premiered the same week makes me glad I wasn't around for the dumpster fire that was television in the late 80s.

It's no surprise you showed up after trash was cooked.

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

Rarity posted:

For those of you who gave up on Gotham early the show you all knew that Barbara was absolutely awful in every capacity. Well, the show has managed to rehabilitate her

...by having her turn out to be a murderous psycho. It's amazing for it's ballsiness alone.

I watched the first 11 episodes and was in utter shock the entire time at what a wretched, irredeemable lunatic she was and how loving her made Gordon intimately unlikable. Hearing of this, nothing but respect and admiration for the commitment the show has to itself.

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

GreenNight posted:

Minority Report will go the same way as Almost Human. I'm done watching scifi shows on Fox until at least season 3.

Don't get mad at Fox if these dumdums haven't figured out to cast the niece of someone really high up.

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

Gapey Joe Stalin posted:

If that's a Fringe ref, you're an idiot.

Oh yeah?

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

Fringe wasn't on Fox and it was canceled immediately and it wasn't Torv who starred? That's cool. I suppose new shows could sell for super cheap and start at an episode count near syndication but otherwise, an arguably beneficial connection to someone with sway couldn't hurt.

What other common denominator is there between FRINGE and the long-running science-fi shows on Fox? You have a bevy to choose from.

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

hcreight posted:

Torv and Murdoch were related by marriage and Murdoch and Torv's aunt divorced several years before Fringe started. They barely knew each other and Torv was genuinely pissed at the accusations of nepotism. It's a dumb coincidence.

Yes, and? Family is something all peoples act irrationally about, and a sense of accomplishing goals on our own merits is common to everyone. Only if she said it was nepotism would any of that need mentioning as literally everyone would deny, regardless. Truly, if Anna can explain the insane string of renewals with the abysmal ratings using a logic stronger than "genuinely pissed" I'll take into consideration her account of how her show became the special snowflake.

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

zoux posted:

Speaking of, is Anna Torv doing anything these days?

Some sexually explicit lesbian gimmick was supposed to be in the works for one of the premium channels but I haven't heard about it in ages.

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

Gapey Joe Stalin posted:

As has been mentioned, this was debunked before the programme even aired. You are literally promulgating a rather shameful conspiracy theory because you are too stupid to understand how a TV programme works.

TV Progammes: They work rationally, irrationally, and/or both, and you're some sort of idiot if everything about that isn't logical.

Sure, guy. Care to tell us now about how nepotism and favoritism are both conspiracy theories, and only exist when both parties admit to it? Go for it, you're on fire.

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

DivisionPost posted:

Jesus, you've just been presented with compelling circumstantial evidence that suggests it went one way over another, and all you can do is double down on RARR NEPOTISM RUPERT MURDOCH EVIL. Just walk away.

Compelling is a word you don't know, and not once did I go all caps, say it was a bad thing, or imply anything about Murdoch as a person- unlike you and a couple others who are in agreement.

NIKITA was kept alive from up high because an exec plain wanted it around, and no one bats a lash, but allege FRINGE did and you lunatics start in with "Anna 'The Bible' Torv said no, you propagator of lies and misunderstanding." Again, I said I was open to any other explanation and not one of you could even start to explain FRINGE's string of renewals as you would any other show. Because it would require a time traveler to plot the butterfly effect for you where "someone with power said to keep it" is endorsed by Occam.

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

It's because their humor is typically derived from their gender, like how many black comedians' acts are about being black, and it's severely limiting. Qualifiers for both the material and the audience buries anything universal. That stuff aside, everyone is as funny as everyone else.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

Humbug Scoolbus posted:

Sure I'd love to watch a show about a tech writer, a waiter at Applebee's, a dental hygienist, an insurance actuary, and a Walmart greeter so much more than that. It's a science fiction/fantasy show? Makes perfect sense.

Science-fi violently packed full of Mary Sue that a 13yo actively sprouting their first short curly would find over-the-top makes "perfect sense" to hack directors that are universally dumped on for having lost their touch and you, yes.

• Locked thread