Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Duke
May 19, 2004

The Angel from my Nightmare

Man, the mid season finale of Agents of SHIELD was actually pretty good! I just got caught up and I think this is the first time I'm really looking forward to seeing where they go now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Duke
May 19, 2004

WHAS is an amazingly hilarious movie, and Stella is one of my favorite TV comedies ever, so I'm pretty excited for this.

The Duke
May 19, 2004

hollylolly posted:

I love Galavant and my musical hating husband is also enjoying it.

I now return you to your regularly scheduled bickering.

I, too, am enjoying Galavant. gently caress that guy for not liking puns (also I think that Lillith Fair joke is hilarious)

The Duke
May 19, 2004

God Utopia was so good. RIP

Hope they get a movie or a special or something to wrap it up but I doubt it :smith:

The Duke
May 19, 2004

I think the remake is in good hands direction/writing wise, just hope it still has a fantastic soundtrack.

The Duke
May 19, 2004

CBJSprague24 posted:

I didn't see a thread, so I'll ask here. Is anyone else watching Man Seeking Woman on FXX? I saw a preview during The Americans tonight on FX and thought I'd get a sitcom-style show and...have seen 15 minutes of horror movie parodies where Josh is set up with a new girl, then is chased by family members and tortured by his mom who's seeking information on the new girl.

Is the entire series this way/meant to be this way? The first few minutes were funny, but it's getting stale fast. I'll just stop now if it is. Jay Baruchel's character wasn't funny at all in Goon (only place I'm aware of seeing him), but this wouldn't be his fault.

Well in the first episode he goes on a blind date with a literal troll, and the one after that is a war-room parody of him thinking of the right text to send to a new girl (which I think is the best episode so far). Both of these scenarios take up most of the episode so if that doesn't sound funny the show probably isn't for you. I actually think Jay Baruchel is kind of annoying and Eric Andre is much funnier but I still like the show so far.

It's also kind of filling the Wilfred shaped hole in my television viewing/heart.

The Duke
May 19, 2004

Mu Zeta posted:

He totally still wants drugs.

I haven't watched any of season 3 yet but did they ever do anything with that heroin that Sherlock hid in a book?

The Duke
May 19, 2004

Last Man on Earth will probably be awesome and hilarious, but cancelled early since pretty much no on is champing at the bit for a sitcom starring Will Forte.

Kinda sucks because I think he's hilarious and the MacGruber movie is super underrated.

The Duke
May 19, 2004

Make sure you watch the credits to the end after the finale :unsmith:

The Duke
May 19, 2004

muscles like this? posted:

Even with the extremely fake python last night's Sirens was pretty great. Although this entire season has been just as good as the first.

In sadder news, veteran character actor Daniel Von Bargen has died. He was in a bunch of stuff but he's probably best known as George's utterly indifferent boss Mr Kruger. Although personally I've always liked his turn as the undead sorcerer Nix from Clive Barker's Lord of Illusions.

He'll always be Grady from Super Troopers to me.

quote:

O'Hagen: Look, I'm done dickin' around. Either you let us in on this investigation or I'm going to embarrass you personally.
Grady: Oh, what? Like naked in a dream, embarassed?
O'Hagen: No, no. More like back in '77 when you got caught fuckin' your cousin, embarrassed.
Grady: She's not my cousin!

The Duke
May 19, 2004

xbilkis posted:

"Seinfeld didn't hold up" and "I've never watched The Simpsons" chat is maybe the most upsetting line of conversation this thread has taken

Agreed :chanpop:

The Duke
May 19, 2004

Pretty obvious second account, blew it with your first post in this thread :smith:

The Duke
May 19, 2004

Is the Cougar Town finale coming up? I've kept watching but this season is kind of a snore. The lack of Bobby might have something to do with it. Doesn't really feel like it's building to anything :smith:

The Duke
May 19, 2004

Kristina Braverman is one of the most infuriating characters on TV

The Duke
May 19, 2004

The videogame was dead last time I tried to hop on 5-6 months ago. Not even going free to play could save it (at least on the 360)

The Duke
May 19, 2004

The Jeselnik Offensive's only memorable moment for me was the episode with Eric Andre where he lit fireworks under the desk and when they went off it genuinely looked like people didn't know it was going to happen and were pretty pissed about it

The Duke
May 19, 2004

EL BROMANCE posted:

It's like 130am so I'm tired, but I just turned on ABC and it looked like The Middle was on... and Norm MacDonald was guesting, which is already cool, then another shot and one of the kids gives a high five to Barry Goldberg in a Philadelphia shirt. Maybe I'm asleep...

It's an April Fools thing ABC is doing with all their sitcoms I think. Didn't notice anything in this week's Fresh Off the Boat though.

The Duke
May 19, 2004

The Duke posted:

It's an April Fools thing ABC is doing with all their sitcoms I think. Didn't notice anything in this week's Fresh Off the Boat though.

Update to this for the maybe 1 other person who cares, but Modern Family had their original intro from season 1 and I didn't notice anything on Blackish either. Still have to watch The Goldbergs.

The Duke
May 19, 2004

Bown posted:

Was anyone still watching Cougar Town? The finale was pretty perfect. The last season never really recovered from Bobby's departure but it was still largely solid.

Yeah it was pretty ok. Honestly the show never was as good as it was on ABC weirdly enough but it was still a watchable and enjoyable show throughout.

The finale was also missing a final appearance by Barb (the original cougar), I know she's been off the show since a brief scene in like season 2 or 3 but another nod at their original premise would've been nice. Oh and there was no Dog Travis or the customary new giant wine glass after she broke Big Chuck. Tom being allowed in the kitchen at the end finally was :3: though so I can forgive them.

The Duke
May 19, 2004

feedmyleg posted:

Does anyone know if the Mr. Show DVD box set has any extra features that the individual seasons don't? I've decided it's finally time to own it, and buying the individual seasons is cheaper on Amazon. Information seems scant.

Unless there's a new one out there the box set I bought like 10 years ago is just a big sleeve over the 3 other DVD sets

The Duke
May 19, 2004

What's amazing is that the Super Toy Run was exactly as they advertised, and they let they kids adjust the layout of the store for easy picking. So jealous of these dudes.

The Duke
May 19, 2004

Irish Joe posted:

Sorry your mom is lame.

I'm taking mine to Mad Max for mother's day.

Same. Just took her to Furious 7 2 weeks ago too.

The Duke
May 19, 2004

Holy poo poo, Luke Perry and Malcolm-Jamal Warner were on Forever? Jeremiah reunion??

Also, pouring one out for Marry Me. Not as good as Happy Endings but still better than most sitcoms these days. I hope they get to finish their season anyway :smith:

And as the sole fan of Undateable I am pumped for the third season. The live episode last week was pretty hilarious and meta, if you're into that. They seemed like they were having a lot of fun.

The Duke fucked around with this message at 00:22 on May 11, 2015

The Duke
May 19, 2004

SHUPS 4 DETH posted:

I'm a fan too! But those first couple eps were rough but starting with whatever ep they dropped "baby bird" as a nickname the show has grown on me. Of course anything with Ron Funches on it was going to eventually :allears:

"Baby Bird" is said every episode of the first season I'm pretty sure. And yes, Ron Funches rules a lot.

The Duke
May 19, 2004

EL BROMANCE posted:

I don't think there was a Marry Me thread, but in case you liked it - E4 in the UK have aired the remaining episodes in the season. Use this information how you see fit.

I know its cancelled but is NBC just not going to air the last episodes or what, I don't see it coming back any time soon.

The Duke
May 19, 2004

Whoa, that guy sure hates Kimmy Schmidt! :chanpop:

The Duke
May 19, 2004

3rd Rock from the Sun is a good show, but I rewatched it a couple years ago when Netflix had it the first time :smugdog:

The Duke
May 19, 2004

That's such an incredibly terrible graph, lmao. Mickey from Boardwalk Empire was one of the best characters and one of the most likeable on the show, and it's already been pointed out that Sansa is almost as hatebale as Joffrey and Rachel from Justified is somehow more hateable than a heroin addict and a dude who poisoned a child

The Duke
May 19, 2004

I really liked the first couple season of Burn Notice, but the constant fakeouts and hints at why Michael got burned started dragging the show down so hard and fast it never recovered, The recurring badguys that would show up once a season were really fun and I loved all the bullshit McGuyver moves Michael pulled and the show just expected you to totally go along with.

The Duke
May 19, 2004

Pillowpants posted:

What happened on The second season of Dome? Also, is anyone going to make a thread for the last ship?

A teen takes a sample to a lab at the high school to analyze it. He prepares the slide, steps up to the microscope and then steps back and says "I don't know what I'm doing".

The Duke
May 19, 2004

Gonz posted:

Oh yeah? Well...Dracula called, and he said he's coming for you. Tonight. And I said "okay".

Tonight.....you.

The Duke
May 19, 2004

I was watching that Celebrity Family Feud last night and I fast forward mostly to the fast money parts (those are the best) because Anthony Anderson was being an annoying retard. The Braxtons seemed nice though. I definitely noticed the "Ham Flower" joke which cracked me up and later an answer was "LOLA THE STREET HO" which made me pause. They are definitely going for raunchier with these special episodes.

The Duke
May 19, 2004

Also, real Wilfred dies

The Duke
May 19, 2004

EL BROMANCE posted:

Ugh, the inclusion of Norm is making me want to watch Last Comic Standing... but I know how it'll end: the comics who don't suck won't go through, halfway through they'll stop doing standup sets and start doing pointless games, Roseanne will probably say stuff to irritate the gently caress out of me and I won't finish the season like I haven't with the last 6 attempts to watch the show through it's various incantations.

But... Norm...

It's not that bad, last season had some pretty good talent (except the guy who won and never got his own show on NBC, :lol: ) and this season started out alright. Norm seems like an odd choice honestly because he tries to be more insightful than the other judges but sometimes he says some really stupid poo poo. The problem with Roseanne on the show is that she is never really saying anything of substance, all of her criticisms or praise just seems so generic and unhelpful.

The Duke
May 19, 2004

Oh man, is that Lee Tergesen? Might have to finally finish the first season

The Duke
May 19, 2004

muscles like this? posted:

Has Netflix gone into why they made a show version of Wet Hot American Summer? I finally watched the movie the other day and while it was funny nothing really screamed out to me that it needed expanding.

It's a cult classic with a lot of actors who are now doing bigger and better things much like another property they revived semi-recently.

edit: Please bring back Freaks and Geeks, Netflix!

The Duke
May 19, 2004

less laughter posted:

There is no show with better dialogue than Justified.

Spartacus

The Duke
May 19, 2004

More than a few weird assholes in that thread!

The Duke
May 19, 2004

They'll probably go back to the old one next season

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Duke
May 19, 2004

How many other possible myths are out there though? They had to start scraping the bottom of the barrel at some point.

• Locked thread