Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Cart
Sep 28, 2004

They see me rollin...

Not sure how much Banshee is appointment viewing around these parts but last night's episode was one of the most insane episodes of TV I've ever seen. Just an avalanche of major plot points bookended with some of the most brutal action sequences I've ever seen.

It would not air on the CW.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cart
Sep 28, 2004

They see me rollin...

The Daily Show With Tucker Carlson.

Cart
Sep 28, 2004

They see me rollin...

gently caress, that's rough to see someone so talented go out so young. I'd just listened to the episode of You Made It Weird with him on it where he spoke openly about his struggles with addiction and how he'd come to terms with it and wanting to be clean.

Cart
Sep 28, 2004

They see me rollin...

Bown posted:

"Detention" is my personal pick for the most underrated movie of this decade. DivisionPost has gotten me into a lot of good stuff, but that one's probably my favourite.

I don't know about most underrated movie of the decade, but it is amazingly entertaining and deserves to be watched by way more people. Reminded of "Brotherhood of the Wolf" in its go-for-broke lets-fit-20-movies-into-90-minutes approach. Not for everyone, but given the nature of these forums it should be a good fit.

Cart
Sep 28, 2004

They see me rollin...

VDay posted:

Well he's certainly famous for TNG, but the dude's got like 80 acting credits and 30 directing credits on imdb, including AoS, NCIS, Castle, and Burn Notice. I mean he's obviously not some A-list celebrity, but I'm surprised someone who posts about TV so much wouldn't even know the guy's name. I guess maybe I just somehow manage to always see/notice whenever his name gets brought up.

So in the past 10 years he's shown up on Castle, The Glades and NCIS. Hardly the stellar resume there, that's basically guest star purgatory.

Cart
Sep 28, 2004

They see me rollin...

Better Call Saul - how is it so far? I watched the premiere and found it reasonable enough without blowing me away, but I also know that many great shows took time to get rolling. How has the show been since, has it improved? Is it looking like a Joey or like a Frasier as far as spin offs go? Breaking Bad, Justified, Lost off the top of my head had fantastic pilots followed by relative downtime before really picking up steam, I'm trying to decide if it's worth putting another day's worth of viewing in or waiting and seeing another season or so.

Cart
Sep 28, 2004

They see me rollin...

The best comedy of last year comes back this week. Is there a thread for Review and is anyone else watching it? Or making pancakes?

Cart
Sep 28, 2004

They see me rollin...

Realplayer y'all

Cart
Sep 28, 2004

They see me rollin...

The Duke posted:

Spartacus

You mistake intent brother. Now remove mouth from Jupiter's cock and pay tribute to the might of Justified's dialogue.

Cart
Sep 28, 2004

They see me rollin...

Dammit precision you are the worst poster in here which is saying something.

Cart
Sep 28, 2004

They see me rollin...

Sober posted:

Speaking of critics, holy poo poo, Andy Greenwald of Grantland just eviscerated the upcoming fall season.

Hollywood Prospectus?

I'm usually a little behind in my podcast listenings and general website readings..

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cart
Sep 28, 2004

They see me rollin...

feedmyleg posted:

I know the new Fargo is an anthology format for each season, but is there any reason not to watch the second season first? I need some Danson in my life.

Season 1 is so good that you will blow through it in a weekend. Season 2 will take you 3 months. Because it just started.

• Locked thread