Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

It's only a matter of time before 30 Rock's Gold Case is a reality.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

:geno: no, please, don't take my japanese cartoons and british scifi, whatever shall I do :geno:

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

thrakkorzog posted:

Yeah, I've binged through DD and about the worst I've can say about it is that it is too dark. I don't mean thematically, well it is dark that way. I mean cinematography wise. It is sometimes hard to tell what the hell's going on because everything is so dark. But that can be fixed by just turning up the brightness on your TV.

It doesn't help that Matt's costume is nearly pure black cloth and he's usually fighting in pretty dark environments, but then again, I guess the costume department really did its job.

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

Wheat Loaf posted:

Ripping and raping.

Raping and tearing?

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

blue squares posted:

Holy poo poo wow. Daredevil has a subtitle option that is someone narrating outloud what is happening. It's very well written. Do other shows have this, or is it so that blind people can watch the show?

I've only ever noticed that on PBS programs. And now that I think about it, Daredevil not having a descriptive track for the blind would be a huge dick move.

e: :laffo: guess it was

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

Lycus posted:

Oh my god, that Doctor Who guy.

Racial equality is here. Black nerds are just as obnoxious as white nerds.

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

raditts posted:

Well, a corpse doesn't help her get that girl out of murder charges so that's pretty low on the list as far as valid criticisms go.

Really you'd think the proliferation of streaming services would cut down on liveposting destroying viewing comprehension but judging from all of those kinds of complaints I've seen lately, not one drat bit.

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

Rose McIver used her native accent in a CW promo voiceover and I thought she sounded Scottish. :scotland:

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

I am pretty loving accent-deaf, it's true.

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

X-O posted:

I've seen it done well plenty of times.

The DS9 episode "The Visitor" nearly won an Outstanding Makeup Emmy on behalf of such effort.

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

Lycus posted:

But i don't think it encourages the creation of new viewers if the season is six+ episodes in. And that seems like a much bigger loss to me.

Yeah, the only way to catch up by that point is :filez: which loses for everybody. The last-five-eps system only works if you assume everyone is choosing streaming over broadcast because of laziness or malicious intent against the network model, which is exactly how a befuddled old network exec would think.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

Aphrodite posted:

If it wasn't hyped as the greatest thing ever I wouldn't have been disappointed once I saw it, and so my overall opinion would be more positive.

If you hadn't bought into the hype you wouldn't have been disappointed. "Overhyped" is the "society made me do it" of opinions.

• Locked thread