Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tuxedo Jack
Sep 11, 2001

Hey Ma, who's that band I like? Oh yeah, Hall & Oates.

zoux posted:

Edward Herrman, who has been in literally everything, died this week. To me he'll be the voice of Dodge commercials from my formative years.

Richie Rich's Dad. It's a generational thing, I'm sure.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tuxedo Jack
Sep 11, 2001

I made a couple of those back in the day for fun. The Dexter one was momentarily popular here, as was the Community one, I think.

Castle like Mannix: http://youtu.be/nMntqvijI-Q

Dexter in the 1980's: http://youtu.be/5TsSHqVd724

Community - Full House: http://youtu.be/Nc4s6tpAdMI

Dexter - Batista and Quinn buddy cops: http://youtu.be/szE3nf2dY8k

Edit: the Castle one is kind of niche, if you want to "get it"- go watch the old Mannix titles. Seamus Dever reposted that one on his twitter back when I made it.

Tuxedo Jack fucked around with this message at 14:46 on Jan 6, 2015

Tuxedo Jack
Sep 11, 2001

Humbug Scoolbus posted:

That Castle/Mannix one is loving brilliant.

Thanks. It also has the fewest views out of the four. But it's my favorite too.

Tuxedo Jack
Sep 11, 2001

Cox Communications is in a fee dispute with my local ABC affiliate. What's the best way (if any) to bypass this standoff legally?

I think the only shows I'm watching on ABC are Agent Carter, AOS (which is on break), Modern Family and Galavant...

Tuxedo Jack
Sep 11, 2001

raditts posted:

...an antenna?

Oh... drat. Problem solved.

Tuxedo Jack
Sep 11, 2001

SHUPS 4 DETH posted:

Same, and it's also with NBC here. When it was cable net negotiations with Dish I didn't pay it much thought but two of the big four with one of the biggest cable providers in the country? Makes you think

I found out that with ours, Gray Media (which owns the local ABC affiliate, KAKE) is asking for a 400% increase to their fee.

It does sound unreasonable, but these cable companies are evil and ultimately on their deathbeds as content providers. Just pay it and shut up.

Tuxedo Jack
Sep 11, 2001

So, Amazon's The Man in the High Castle is loving incredible and you need to check it out and vote for it to go to series.

It's free to watch for anyone, right now. Don't wait. Just go. Schnell!

Tuxedo Jack
Sep 11, 2001

sbaldrick posted:

Why would you do that to yourself. If any show has ruined itself by the ending it BSG

Not if you consider Exodus Part 2 the finale, and pretend the rest doesn't exist.

Tuxedo Jack
Sep 11, 2001

Aphrodite posted:

HIMYM's ending is built over the entire show and it fits the narrative perfectly.

Yeah. I understand the hate for BSG's ending, but HIMYM's was fine, and made sense.

Tuxedo Jack
Sep 11, 2001

NBC's Peacock Panel just showed me the trailer for the new Christian Slater show "Mr. Robot." It asked me about the title, and gave a bunch of awful ones (including Mr. Robot) I kept picking "reboot" as the only not terrible one, but the others were like "SHFT CTRL" and "F_Troop" or something. I had never heard of the show, and assumed "Mr. Robot" was a fake name while they were trying to get me to pick Reboot (but I just kept commenting how if it wasn't a remake of the 90's cartoon, why bother?) http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/usas-hacker-drama-mr-robot-759510

Anyway, the TRAILER was really good, and the show looks really well put together. So the kid has some kind of cyberpunk / supernatural hacking powers in his head - he sees Men in Black following him around, and the Corporations are running the Government - Slater plays his mentor that picks him up in the subway - typical Shadowrun type stuff. Anyway, it looked really good, and I'll definitely check it out.

But that name is terrible. Really, really terrible.

Tuxedo Jack
Sep 11, 2001

Aphrodite posted:

Defiance is good bad sci-fi.

Just watch LEXX instead - it's better and worse.

Tuxedo Jack
Sep 11, 2001

muscles like this? posted:

I thought the unedited version did?

Yeah, there's a lot of boobs and stuff sprinkled throughout.

Tuxedo Jack
Sep 11, 2001

The Bob Sagat roast is the absolute best. The Shatner one is quite good as well. Most of the rest are garbage.

Also, yeah, Going Clear was good, but didn't dip as deeply into the cesspool as I expected. Still recommending the poo poo out of it to everyone at the water cooler.

Tuxedo Jack
Sep 11, 2001

After binging through Black Mirror (and Utopia months ago) - we're looking for more "super weird British shows." Any recommendations?

Tuxedo Jack
Sep 11, 2001

zoux posted:

Trailer for MTV's fantasy foray.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XDR8b1SpoSc

Production values look alright. All I know about the books is that they're supposed to be loving terrible.

I've not heard of this series, but that trailer has me interested. High fantasy in a post-apocalyptic world? Is that essentially the gist?

Why are the books bad?

Tuxedo Jack
Sep 11, 2001

Steve Yun posted:

Moonbeam City was so bad. Soooooo bad.

FetusSlapper posted:

I like the art direction; but off that first episode its a lackluster Archer clone.

I got like 40 seconds further than I did with Chozen - but that was just awful. The art deco style is beautiful, and I really love the colors and the art direction overall - but the show was SO DULL and such an obvious Archer clone, I just shut it off.

It's a shame such a pretty looking show is such a shallow reproduction of a superior (although waning) product.

Boo.

Tuxedo Jack
Sep 11, 2001

Did anyone else watch The Grinder?

It was easily my favorite new show this season. It's legitimately clever and has some really good jokes, and Rob Lowe is literally just playing Chris Traeger again. I just got around to watching it as it was last on my DVR queue, but goddamn that was a good watch.

Seriously, check it out.

The "quick sec" gag had me in stitches.

Tuxedo Jack
Sep 11, 2001

I really hope Kumail is recurring. The entire cast was strong. Even the kid actors are on point.

Tuxedo Jack
Sep 11, 2001

less laughter posted:

That's actually not that rare anymore these days, what with Blackish, Fresh Off the Boat, The Goldbergs etc. which all feature excellent kid actors as well, especially Blackish.

I believe you, though I don't watch any of those. I tried the Goldbergs but the pilot didn't grab me. Did it ever get good?

The kid from Once Upon a Time made me hate all kid actors.

Tuxedo Jack
Sep 11, 2001

Much like SyFy, you'll forget Freeform is a terrible name soon, mostly because you don't watch anything on that channel anyway.

Tuxedo Jack
Sep 11, 2001

And the Grinder turns in an absolute ace for its sophomore showing.

Grinder rests.

Tuxedo Jack
Sep 11, 2001

The really sad part about Minority Report getting canceled is that the Network will likely blame it on lack of interest in the genre rather than the format.

More crappy procedurals in 2016!

Tuxedo Jack
Sep 11, 2001

I wonder what this means for the NYCC panel...

Tuxedo Jack
Sep 11, 2001

Breaking: Fox to pull Minority Report and replace it with reruns of Drive (2007).

Tuxedo Jack
Sep 11, 2001

IRQ posted:

I liked Drive. :shobon:

Yeah... Me too. :smith:

Tuxedo Jack
Sep 11, 2001

SyFy cancels Dominion... A show I thought had been canceled long ago.

Tuxedo Jack
Sep 11, 2001

90s era Tim Allen is great, and the first Santa Clause is a modern classic. Go watch Home Improvement reruns, you heathen.

:colbert:

Tuxedo Jack
Sep 11, 2001

Jingle All the Way != The Santa Clause

Tuxedo Jack
Sep 11, 2001

precision posted:

Holy crap the Fargo season 2 backlash is already starting

We got eight minutes into the premiere twice before one of us fell asleep. Still intend to watch it - is it good/bad?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tuxedo Jack
Sep 11, 2001

Did anyone catch episode 2 of Man in the High Castle on Amazon this weekend? I don't know if it's still up - it was a special promotional thing, I think...

Anyway, that show has crazy potential, and episode 2 cemented its level of quality for me. November can't come soon enough...

• Locked thread