Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

I think Bosch comes out on Amazon soon, which I've been anticipating.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

Rocksicles posted:

Yeah maybe space opera, i'm not really a someone who pays attention to genre terms. I knows what i likes. I'm a huge fan of space battles.

I've mentioned this in a few other places, but keep an eye out for the new show Dark Matter filming in Canada. It a new ship-based scifi show due out later in 2015. It starts filming in a few weeks.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006

Ha, poo poo. Was looking forward to that. Well I still got Bosch I guess.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006

Some people watch TV to get away from the poo poo that happens in life.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006

IRQ posted:

Didn't the whole thing leak like a month ago?

Haven't seen the pilot around, so maybe you're thinking of something else.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006

Did anyone watch the first episode of the new season of Broadchurch last night?

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006

The gently caress?

http://www.avclub.com/article/syfys-12-monkeys-will-mess-lights-some-viewers-hom-213461

quote:

Syfy has announced that it’ll be giving certain viewers the option to let the network take control of their home’s lighting systems during broadcasts of its upcoming series 12 Monkeys. The new show—based on the 1995 Bruce Willis film, and set to debut on Jan. 16—will come with a “light track” that owners of Philips’ smartphone-interactive Hue lighting system will be able to use to view a custom light show, synced to the show’s content.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006

New Amazon pilots were announced:

quote:

Amazon Studios has announced a January 15th premiere date for its first batch of 2015 pilots. As usual, the company will make series greenlight decisions based on viewer feedback.

Four dramas and two comedies are on offer, most notably the remake of British black comedy series "Mad Dogs" which Shawn Ryan ("The Shield," "Last Resort") is producing. Steve Zahn, Billy Zane, Romany Malco, Michael Imperioli and Ben Chaplin star in this version of the show about a group of underachieving forty-something friends who visit a friend's Belize villa - a holiday that turns into a nightmare of lies, deception and murder.

Another high-profile title is a pilot for a series based on Philip K. Dick’s Hugo Award-winning 1962 alternative history story "The Man in the High Castle". Set twenty years after the Nazis won World War II, the U.S. is now divided between Japan and Germany and tensions between the two are mounting in the western half of the country.

Also on the way are the documentary series "The New Yorker Presents" which boasts short films based on articles from the mag, the half-hour comedy "Salem Rogers" starring Leslie Bibb as a former supermodel forced to re-enter the real world, the early Civil War-set family plantation drama "Point of Honor," the comedy "Cocked" about a man (Sam Trammell) who returns to his rural Colorado home to help his family's gun business, and the romantic drama "Down Dog" about a South Cali yoga teacher's complicated love life.

http://www.darkhorizons.com/news/35293/amazon-studios-announces-its-2015-pilots

The Man in the High Castle sounds drat interesting.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006

Good book, looking forward to that.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006

I have not read the book. I've never really enjoyed reading alt history unless it's about allies teaming with axis against aliens.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006

zoux posted:

Oh wait I thought we were on Jonathan Strange and Mr. Norrell.

No, I read that one.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006

Pillowpants posted:

I wish they would make a TV series based on Harry Turtledoves "Southern Victory" series where the South wins the civil war and 12 books chronicle up through the 1960's.

Harry Turtledove is the author of the WW2 book series vs aliens. Read the poo poo out of that in HS.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006

Aphrodite posted:

Yeah but on there I think the word they use is meant to just be alien for poo poo.

Shtako.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006

Anyone hear anything about a new show starting Monday on MTV called Eye Candy? It's based on the RL Stein books.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006

Z-Nation hits Netflix today :dance:

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006

I finally watched season 2 of Broadchurch, and uh it was good. Definitely looking forward to the rest of the season.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006

All of CW's fall shows have been renewed for another season.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006

muscles like this? posted:

When is that supposed to start anyway?

March 17th, moving Supernatural to Wednesdays.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006

They made it specifically to be a "case of the week" type show. I'm not expecting much.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006

EL BROMANCE posted:

Given how good the schedule is this month for most days, Mondays truly suck it seems. Although MTV has a show called Eye Candy starting tonight that sounds absolutely abysmal so I'm intrigued to give it a watch.

Even Entertainment Weekly gave it a poo poo grade and said it was really bad. Castle is still on Mondays though.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006

Yes, and there are new characters too. Some things from David Tennants past comes back.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006

Some brutal scenes too. Definitely looking forward to the reason of the season.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006

I thought the ending was fine, so maybe? Hard to say. It's only 44 minutes so go ahead and watch.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006

sbaldrick posted:

Do people like Jane the Virgin, maybe I just didn't get it but it just didn't feel natural.

Yes, a lot of people like that show.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006

Mmm Arby's roast beef.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006

Amazon Studios has announced a February 13th premiere date on Amazon Prime Instant Video for its first original drama series "Bosch".

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006

From AV CLUB:

quote:

VH1 Classic is hoping the warm glow of nostalgia will drive viewers to its new plan: airing all 433 episodes of Saturday Night Live in reverse order. For 19 days straight, the channel will run back-to-back episodes, starting with season 39 and working backwards to the very first episode, hosted by George Carlin, that originally aired October 11, 1975.

“The SNL Rewind: 2015—1975 Mega-Marathon” begins on Wednesday, January 28 and ends Sunday, February 15, in a nice bit of marketing synergy wherein that Carlin-hosted episode will end just moments before the start of NBC’s 40th anniversary special.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006

Ravane posted:

Man, I hope they include Fresh Prince.

:sadfan:

I'll post this again if AV club doesn't include Fresh Prince. I also hope it includes Smart Guy and Sister, Sister. Man, the last 25 years was great for black people.

Actually that poo poo is fake. Will is just a good actor.

http://www.projectcasting.com/news/the-real-story-behind-the-most-heartbreaking-scene-in-the-fresh-prince-of-bel-air/

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006

Ariza posted:

What happened to the Chris Carter one from last year? I thought it was OK, but my wife keeps asking me about it and I don't remember if or when it's coming back.

It was canceled before they shot any more episodes.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006

Hopefully The Expanse and Dark Matter are decent.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006

The Heroes Reboot is still happening and gets Zachary Levi to star:

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/heroes-reboot-taps-zachary-levi-764347

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006

Better than I expected.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006

Internet wasn't as big during X-Files either so you didn't have jagoffs trying to "call it" for every mystery.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006

I don't necessarily think that's his fault.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006

muscles like this? posted:

I was watching old episodes of Bones on TNT and I realized I somehow missed a plot point. After the whole arc of Zach and the Gormagon they did the whole thing where Zach was in a mental institution but still helping out but in later seasons they don't mention it or him at all.

Did they actually write a conclusion to that or did they just kind of drop it between seasons?

It was dropped and he has never been mentioned again.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006

Irish Joe's personal hero will be in Fargos 2nd season:

http://www.avclub.com/article/fargos-second-season-will-feature-ronald-reagan-214024

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006

No, because they want to sell PS. No options if you want to see an Amazon made show on a non-Amazon format.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006

zoux posted:

True but I also don't have to buy a $400 Amazon console either. I mean, it's not going to go up on iTunes or something down the line.

Probably will be able to buy it on Blu ray, eventually.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006

I still think Arrow is excellent but that's a pretty drat good lineup of CW shows of Arrow/Flash/100.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006

Ah thanks. I guess I should quit watching.

• Locked thread