Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tony Phillips
Feb 9, 2006

Rand alPaul posted:

I can't wait for the A's to claim Jesus Montero off waivers and he becomes a good player in some wacky platoon with another failed prospect..oh let's say Lars Anderson or Matt LaPorta, why not.

Obvious choice is for the other part of the platoon to be Justin Smoak.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

the unabonger
Jun 21, 2009

rrrrrrrrrrrt posted:

They just need an animal comparison for Hunter Pence. A chameleon.

Maybe Casey McGahee will be a new fan favorite.

They might as well, dude's from Santa Cruz. nothing like a hometown hero...

Hand Knit
Oct 24, 2005

Beer Loses more than a game Sunday ...
We lost our Captain, our Teammate, our Friend Kelly Calabro...
Rest in Peace my friend you will be greatly missed..

Tony Phillips posted:

Obvious choice is for the other part of the platoon to be Justin Smoak.

Justin Smoak is a Blue Jay.

Tony Phillips
Feb 9, 2006

Hand Knit posted:

Justin Smoak is a Blue Jay.

Not for long if he continues as expected.

Besides, Montero, Anderson and LaPorta aren't A's either. I was just trying to add to what would be a great "LOL God drat, M's" scenario.

Mr. Meagles
Apr 30, 2004

Out here, everything hurts

Totally forgot Matt LaPorta existed. I read the name and remembered he was important for some reason.

He occupies a rarely used space in my baseball memory alongside players like Brandon Wood and Micah Hoffpauir.

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

Spoeank posted:

Is it 2008 already???

I wish every year was 2008

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

DOOP posted:

I wish every year was 2008

naw 2009 was better.

Guru Yaekob posted:

I just put $13,000 on the Cubs to win it all...

RIP

Paul Zuvella fucked around with this message at 04:35 on Jan 6, 2015

Guru Yaekob
Feb 6, 2011

IRONKNUCKLE PERMABANNED! OFFERS 10-TOPIC POLITICAL DEBATE TO ANY LIBERAL - SA MEMBER STARTS TO ACCEPT, THEN BACKS OUT AND WETS PANTS AFTER LEARNING IRONKNUCKLE HAS DEBATED ON TELEVISION BEFORE! READ HERE

abelwingnut
Dec 23, 2002

you're a loving moron

uggy
Aug 6, 2006

Posting is SERIOUS BUSINESS
and I am completely joyless

Don't make me judge you

Abel Wingnut posted:

you're a loving moron

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Kyle Schwarber: World Series hero, Beefy Lad, better than you.

Illegal Hen

Guru Yaekob posted:

Betting money on the Cubs at any time for any reason is a fool's bet.

Yes, there's hope. But there's been hope before. Yes, there's talent. But there's been talent before. Above all, they're the Cubs.

leokitty
Apr 5, 2005

I live. I die. I live again.
I hope that is a Back to the Future joke? If not, I advise that going forward anyone thinking of making dumb sports bets should just give me the money instead.

leokitty fucked around with this message at 04:46 on Jan 6, 2015

Dingleberry Jones
Jun 2, 2008
If I'm posting a new thread, it means there is a thread already posted and I failed at using the forum search correctly
Maybe it's in bitcoins?

Guru Yaekob
Feb 6, 2011

IRONKNUCKLE PERMABANNED! OFFERS 10-TOPIC POLITICAL DEBATE TO ANY LIBERAL - SA MEMBER STARTS TO ACCEPT, THEN BACKS OUT AND WETS PANTS AFTER LEARNING IRONKNUCKLE HAS DEBATED ON TELEVISION BEFORE! READ HERE

Dingleberry Jones posted:

Maybe it's in bitcoins?

$13,000 crisp dollars, I only have $15,000 to my name is basically if I lose I give up everything and hike around America. This is the turning point in my life.

Tedd_Not_Ed
Feb 16, 2014

I've seen games go perfect for 12 innings all for naught. I've seen no-hitters pitched on illicit drugs. Homer streaks lasting eight games and 20 run losses. I've seen pennants won and seasons collapse. All these memories will be lost in time. Like tears in the rain.

Time to die.
I hope you're joking because I've known people like this in real life that have bet enormous sums on incredibly stupid things. The only difference being that they did it on actual information and not just a joke from a movie that featured hoverboards and self-lacing shoes.

leokitty
Apr 5, 2005

You definitely should have given the money to me. I pay rent in NYC and have Yankees tickets!

Guru Yaekob
Feb 6, 2011

Tedd_Not_Ed posted:

I hope you're joking because I've known people like this in real life that have bet enormous sums on incredibly stupid things. The only difference being that they did it on actual information and not just a joke from a movie that featured hoverboards and self-lacing shoes.

I really think the Cubs are going to win it all.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
Next time you're itching to lose $13,000 just give it to me. When you get unretarded I'll give you back $12,000 of it.

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

Break what must be broken, once for all, that's all, and take the suffering on oneself.

― Corey Dostoyevsky

Guru Yaekob posted:

What exactly do you base this on?

leokitty
Apr 5, 2005

Spoeank posted:

Next time you're itching to lose $13,000 just give it to me. When you get unretarded I'll give you back $12,000 of it.

Back of the line, buddy.

zakharov
Nov 30, 2002

:kimchi: Tater Love :kimchi:
Why not just set your money on fire instead

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Illegal Hen

Guru Yaekob posted:

$13,000 crisp dollars, I only have $15,000 to my name is basically if I lose I give up everything and hike around America. This is the turning point in my life.

Receipt or it didn't happen.

ChampRamp
Mar 29, 2010

:siren: SAVE_US.CHR :siren:
I think this is some sort of prank. Nobody is this du-you know what, he probably did do the bet.

streetlamp
May 7, 2007

Danny likes his party hat
He does not like his banana hat

Guru Yaekob
Feb 6, 2011

Poonerman posted:

What exactly do you base this on?

The Cubs renovations to the stadium are going to energize the team, so will Maddon.

ChampRamp
Mar 29, 2010

:siren: SAVE_US.CHR :siren:

Guru Yaekob posted:

The Cubs renovations to the stadium are going to energize the team, so will Maddon.

Okay, false alarm. It's a prank.

zakharov
Nov 30, 2002

:kimchi: Tater Love :kimchi:

Guru Yaekob posted:

Ok so you are a gimmick

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

You better hope they sign Scherzer and Shields and Colby and whoever else is still an FA.

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Illegal Hen

Guru Yaekob posted:

If you produce proof of this wager and the Cubs really do win it all in 2015 I'll post a video of myself in drag singing "Go Cubs Go".

leokitty
Apr 5, 2005

I still think someone should give me $13,000. The Yankees have some coaching jobs open and I am available I think this is a good match.

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Illegal Hen
I'll settle for 1% of that amount. I could really use $130 right now.

TheIncredulousHulk
Sep 3, 2012

gently caress all y'all I will do almost anything for $13

Ice To Meet You
Mar 5, 2007

Spoeank posted:

Is it 2008 already???

Well, the Royals signed Ryan Madson

Tedd_Not_Ed
Feb 16, 2014

I've seen games go perfect for 12 innings all for naught. I've seen no-hitters pitched on illicit drugs. Homer streaks lasting eight games and 20 run losses. I've seen pennants won and seasons collapse. All these memories will be lost in time. Like tears in the rain.

Time to die.

I think the better Cubs.gif is still this:

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Illegal Hen

TheIncredulousHulk posted:

gently caress all y'all I will do almost anything for $13

Meet me in the alley. :getin:

vegeta dentata
Jun 16, 2011
Are we doing Cubs.gif?

Guru Yaekob
Feb 6, 2011

Retail Slave posted:

If you produce proof of this wager and the Cubs really do win it all in 2015 I'll post a video of myself in drag singing "Go Cubs Go".

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Dick Williams
Aug 25, 2005

Guru Yaekob posted:

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Illegal Hen

vegeta dentata posted:

Are we doing Cubs.gif?

:suicide:

Although only idiots believe this is what cost us the game. In reality, Alex Gonzalez booting a double-play ground ball shortly after was far more damaging.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Guru Yaekob
Feb 6, 2011

You are going to feel really stupid come October.

• Locked thread