Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Wiggly Wayne DDS
Sep 11, 2010

Kikas posted:

This might be a problem, since this yeah Twitch disabled automatic recording of everything that you stream to a channel, making it so you can only save highlights.
There's still recordings (if you enable it) for two weeks. Now the content protection knocking 30m chunks of audio off VODs is another matter.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

UraniumAnchor
May 21, 2006

Not a walrus.

Kikas posted:

This might be a problem, since this yeah Twitch disabled automatic recording of everything that you stream to a channel, making it so you can only save highlights.

We have two machines making local recordings (one of them at a higher bitrate than the stream) and the script should ideally be quicker about churning the videos out this year (I think I'm finally done making tweaks to the workflow) so ideally I should be able to start getting videos uploaded as soon as I get home on the 14th.

No promises, of course.

But yeah, what Wayne said. The recordings stay up for two weeks minimum unless somebody explicitly deletes them, so that should cover for things at least as long as until I can get home and start uploading.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
im really glad there isn't a really long final fantasy rounding out the last day

some people must like it, but I've found them to be really boring

the 3 hr ff vii run is pretty acceptable

Suspicious Dish
Sep 24, 2011

2020 is the year of linux on the desktop, bro
Fun Shoe
I'm sure just you, Eonwe, was the only person to find the long boring JRPG speedrun of a long boring JRPG, long and boring, and certainly not every other poster in the AGDQ thread.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Suspicious Dish posted:

I'm sure just you, Eonwe, was the only person to find the long boring JRPG speedrun of a long boring JRPG, long and boring, and certainly not every other poster in the AGDQ thread.

i dont even know what the gently caress this is supposed to imply

literally all I said is im glad its not happening but admitting that some people must like it

was i mean to you in another thread

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
obviously they did them in the past for some reason, so i dont get the point of your post is what im trying to say

DoctorStrangelove
Jun 7, 2012

IT WOULD NOT BE DIFFICULT MEIN FUHRER!

One of my favorite moments from last year's AGDQ was the Starcraft 2 run. It happened during "prime time" 7-11pm and the room was full for whatever has on before, empty during the run and then for the late night Half-Life runs that followed it, completely packed.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
the only thing I can think of is trying to grab donations from people that might not normally watch, but yea starcraft 2 run is boring as gently caress as well

That Fucking Sned
Oct 28, 2010

UraniumAnchor posted:

I'll also be reuploading the SGDQ2014 videos at some point, since they FINALLY enabled 60fps about a week after I finished uploading everything. :argh:

Thanks, I appreciate the effort.

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

DoctorStrangelove posted:

One of my favorite moments from last year's AGDQ was the Starcraft 2 run. It happened during "prime time" 7-11pm and the room was full for whatever has on before, empty during the run and then for the late night Half-Life runs that followed it, completely packed.

Wasn't that one of those runs that went on forever, too? Ugh.

A big surprise for me last year was that Halo run. Or was it Halo 2? I don't care enough about the series to know which game is which, obviously, but the runner did a great job of taking a game I don't give a drat about and putting on an interesting show.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Random Stranger posted:

Wasn't that one of those runs that went on forever, too? Ugh.

A big surprise for me last year was that Halo run. Or was it Halo 2? I don't care enough about the series to know which game is which, obviously, but the runner did a great job of taking a game I don't give a drat about and putting on an interesting show.

goatrope does an awesome halo run

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010

DoctorStrangelove posted:

Supposedly that's just in because of Team Liquid bux getting drawn in during that time.

The best moment of last year was the TAS stuff though.

UraniumAnchor
May 21, 2006

Not a walrus.

Anatharon posted:

At the risk of spoiling things you don't want to miss this year's TAS block either.

stringball
Mar 17, 2009

Ciaphas posted:

Wish I could see either Ye Olde La Mulana, or new La Mulana Hell Temple runs. I liked the La Mulana run last year :(

Id love to see a hard mode LA mulana but with no ultra j man or whatever his name was

e: id donate to not have him commentate at all, let alone not even play the original

stringball fucked around with this message at 19:03 on Jan 2, 2015

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

Anatharon posted:

Supposedly that's just in because of Team Liquid bux getting drawn in during that time.

Nope, super metroid race was pretty much the most incredible thing I've ever seen on a stream- you couldn't even intentionally fix that to be any more compelling or exciting. Fantastic espn commentary from sinister and duckfist(?) too.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

stringball posted:

Id love to see a hard mode LA mulana but with no ultra j man or whatever his name was

e: id donate to not have him commentate at all, let alone not even play the original

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uOXy_X4QqjM

The_Franz
Aug 8, 2003

Is that the guy who was thrown out for throwing a $400 microphone on the floor?

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
that was Naegleria and I think they patched everything up but he is a huge douche also

Myriad
Apr 26, 2010

Eonwe posted:

im really glad there isn't a really long final fantasy rounding out the last day

some people must like it, but I've found them to be really boring

the 3 hr ff vii run is pretty acceptable
I actually just finished watching AGDQ2013 FFIX run 10 minutes ago and quite enjoyed it :(. Had lots of good commentary and the people running it seemed cool.

Tracula
Mar 26, 2010

PLEASE LEAVE

Please don't let UltraJman back. He by far had the worst segment during the entire marathon, even if it was during the bonus section with him showing off his god awful stupid game.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Myriad posted:

I actually just finished watching AGDQ2013 FFIX run 10 minutes ago and quite enjoyed it :(. Had lots of good commentary and the people running it seemed cool.

I understand! Its not my thing, but they put it in probably because people like it and it brings money. Glad you enjoyed it!

Heavy_D
Feb 16, 2002

"rararararara" contains the meaning of everything, kept in simple rectangular structures

beep by grandpa posted:

Nope, super metroid race was pretty much the most incredible thing I've ever seen on a stream- you couldn't even intentionally fix that to be any more compelling or exciting. Fantastic espn commentary from sinister and duckfist(?) too.

It's undeniable that was a great moment, and I really hope they're going to emulate the format this year in other races, but I think that the blindfold Punch Out double bill topped it...

goldjas
Feb 22, 2009

I HATE ALL FORMS OF FUN AND ENTERTAINMENT. I HATE BEAUTY. I AM GOLDJAS.

beep by grandpa posted:

I think they're doing that for the Ninja Gaiden relay race this year(the commentary style).

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

I had a beer once with Stephen Miller and now I like him.

I also tried to ban someone from a Discord for pointing out what an unrelenting shithead I am! I'm even dumb enough to think it worked!

Tracula posted:

Please don't let UltraJman back. He by far had the worst segment during the entire marathon, even if it was during the bonus section with him showing off his god awful stupid game.

Which segment was this?

mango sentinel
Jan 5, 2001

by sebmojo

Crain posted:

Which segment was this?
I dunno, but if you want some Ultrajman action there's always this and this.

goatrope
Feb 24, 2007

Eonwe posted:

goatrope does an awesome halo run

I did Halo at SGDQ this summer but if the guy you're quoting is thinking about last AGDQ then it was Mister Monopoli's Halo 2 Legendary run, which was fantastic and ended up catalyzing the strongest year that Halo speedrunning has ever seen

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=po9HS2lIZRw

Monopoli is back this year and he's doing Halo 2 Easy Co-op mode with his buddy Ruudyt, who is individually a top 10 Halo 2 runner. They're both super entertaining personalities and the run has a surprising number of unique co-op only techniques, including some fast controller swapping. I would definitely recommend tuning in for it when it happens Saturday morning.

Tracula
Mar 26, 2010

PLEASE LEAVE

Crain posted:

Which segment was this?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QRuK52FB33E

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

I also tried to ban someone from a Discord for pointing out what an unrelenting shithead I am! I'm even dumb enough to think it worked!

Goddammit. I regret asking.

Legin Noslen
Sep 9, 2004
Fortified with Rhiboflavin
Holy poo poo, I thought this wasn't until February for some reason. I am not ready for this.

poemdexter
Feb 18, 2005

Hooray Indie Games!

College Slice

Heavy_D posted:

It's undeniable that was a great moment, and I really hope they're going to emulate the format this year in other races, but I think that the blindfold Punch Out double bill topped it...

Blindfolded Punch Out was the most amazing thing I've ever witnessed during AGDQ and nothing will ever top it ever. EVER.

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012

poemdexter posted:

Blindfolded Punch Out was the most amazing thing I've ever witnessed during AGDQ and nothing will ever top it ever. EVER.

You mean blindfolded SUPER Punch Out! :colbert:

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

Both blindfolded Punch-Outs were amazing runs. Those were the most exciting things at any GDQ event I've seen.

Tracula
Mar 26, 2010

PLEASE LEAVE
We still need to have someone beat Iron Mike blindfolded for the NES Punch-Out!

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

Eesh, guess we dodged a bit of a bullet when HiddenDistance got chosen to do the La Mulana remake last year.

Still wanna see remake Hell Temple speedran (speedrunned?) though :(

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

Looks like I'm going to have an easy week work wise, so AGDQ came at a perfect time.

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

Gonna try to sneak in as much of this as I can at work this week :toot:

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Eonwe posted:

I understand! Its not my thing, but they put it in probably because people like it and it brings money. Glad you enjoyed it!

Please JRPGs are the worst and shouldn't be in, you were correct from the start. Anything that takes six hours cannot be a "speed" run. Plus how do you watch someone play a game that isn't even fun to play to begin with.

Anyway here's the best AGDQ video...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WLWu4V56q10

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

Groovelord Neato posted:

Please JRPGs are the worst and shouldn't be in, you were correct from the start. Anything that takes six hours cannot be a "speed" run. Plus how do you watch someone play a game that isn't even fun to play to begin with.

Anyway here's the best AGDQ video...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WLWu4V56q10

This video confuses me. Is this dude rebroadcasting a SGDQ run, commentating on it, while also running Pokemon Statdium 2 in the background?

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Crain posted:

This video confuses me. Is this dude rebroadcasting a SGDQ run, commentating on it, while also running Pokemon Statdium 2 in the background?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Crain posted:

The guy is the world record holder in Sonic 2 and yeah he's commentating while doing like a 30 hour speed run.

• Locked thread