Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.
And get mad at people on the internet

:emptyquote:

Groovelord Neato posted:

Pretty sure the balding bespectacled Indian fellow is there in the background for every game and I have no idea what he even runs.

Iceplug runs inversion. He also does a bunch of other stuff, http://iceplug.us

And on the unfortunate topic of dickless shits who will get mad if you don't let them use donation comments as a soap box, there probably won't even need to be any "we're filtering you, stop trying" sort of thing. A couple will try and one their comment doesn't make it through instantly they'll start the cycle of twelve year olds on the internet who refuse to "lose"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010

Mr E posted:

I've gotta make a 2.5 hour drive back home today and I don't know when to leave :ohdear:. Maybe Banjo-Kazooie...

Speedrun the drive home.:getin:

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

I hope there's no problems at the beginning because I'm skipping the Tropical Freeze run since I don't want to watch a run for a game I'm planning on playing. And really I don't want to come in on it when they're 90% of the way through the game...

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010
When was the Deus Ex run highlight from? DEx speedruns own.

kater
Nov 16, 2010

Random Stranger posted:

I hope there's no problems at the beginning because I'm skipping the Tropical Freeze run since I don't want to watch a run for a game I'm planning on playing. And really I don't want to come in on it when they're 90% of the way through the game...

Spoiler: Donkey Kong beats up King Rool.

Any% isn't even close to the same game.

Kung-Fu Jesus
Dec 13, 2003

Anatharon posted:

When was the Deus Ex run highlight from? DEx speedruns own.

Last year's run by UraniumAnchor. Pretty sure all these highlights are from last year.

HUMAN FISH
Jul 6, 2003

I Am A Mom With A
"BLACK BELT"
In AUTISM
I Have Strengths You Can't Imagine
The choking first aid poster is one of my favourite moments.

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc
It's almost time.

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004
Crap, looks like they blew past their estimate. RESET!

Double Bill
Jan 29, 2006

That's it good game let's hit the showers

Deformed Church
May 12, 2012

5'5", IQ 81

Mercy kill the marathon.

BMB5150
Oct 24, 2010

2018 Indianapolis 500 Winner

The Kins posted:

Crap, looks like they blew past their estimate. RESET!

Nah they're going for WR for delaying the start set in the first AGDQ.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
Already over estimate and the marathon haven't even started. Good omens.

Slate Action
Feb 13, 2012

by exmarx
I see a shirtless buff ginger, must be Caleb.

FPzero
Oct 20, 2008

Game Over
Return of Mido

Holy poo poo that buff speedrunner.

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

FPzero posted:

Isn't that the guy who roidraged out on a controller?

Erata
May 11, 2009
Lipstick Apathy

Slate Action posted:

I see a shirtless buff ginger, must be Caleb.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wBhVzNUxz2s

Never forget speedrunning food.

KennyMan666
May 27, 2010

The Saga

:siren: We are live :siren:

Sage Grimm
Feb 18, 2013

Let's go explorin' little dude!
And already nearly $2000 up. Good job.

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004
Humble AGDQ Bundle is up!

Pay $1:
Duke Nukem 3D Megaton Edition
Shadow Warrior Classic Redux
Oddworld: Abe's Oddysee
Volgarr the Viking

Pay $6:
30 days of Twitch Turbo
Shantae: Risky's Revenge Directors Cut
SpeedRunners + Youtuber Packs 1 & 2 DLC

Pay $10:
Escape Goat 2
3 month subscription to XSplit Premium

Pay $30:
TheYetee AGDQ Merch Pack

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
sticky thread hype

KennyMan666
May 27, 2010

The Saga

Also thanks to whoever stickied the thread.

TheChirurgeon
Aug 7, 2002

Remember how good you are
Taco Defender
Jesus this guy couldn't prepare any opening remarks? Maybe just go over it once or twice ahead of time?

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

FPzero posted:

Inepta Lacerta
Nov 20, 2012

Really quite silly indeed.

I really like the layout of the stream this year, very clean and easy on the eyes. Props to whoever did it!

tag youre fat
Aug 16, 2013

C'est l'homme ideal
charme au masculin
That layout is really nice

TheChirurgeon
Aug 7, 2002

Taco Defender

Inepta Lacerta posted:

I really like the layout of the stream this year, very clean and easy on the eyes. Props to whoever did it!

same. It's a much better layout with more space for the game, which I really like

sunsweet
Nov 13, 2012

"Lana look," Rusev pointed out to the screen, "Pinkie Pie just scared Twilight Sparkle shitless! I love America and shit they put on TV!"
I'm running the stream on PSP.tv if anyone wants to chat with goons and/or not deal with the twitch chat.

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

Imagine how much more sad and lonely we would be if not for the hard work of lowtax. Here's $12.95 to his aid.
Even my cranky old rear end likes this layout, very good. Would have changed a few fonts for the sake of readability and consistency, I hope SGDQ uses this or gets something better.

e: also when it comes to those company logotypes they often tell you what backgrounds they are supposed to go with, some don't work on #222424

Ghosts n Gopniks fucked around with this message at 18:17 on Jan 4, 2015

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
The one problem I had with DK Freeze is that it takes forever to load. Not surprised that can cause problems for speed runners.

Double Bill
Jan 29, 2006

Judging from the clapping echo the room seems to be pretty big, hopefully they show it all at some point.

MrBims
Sep 25, 2007

by Ralp

And look at him now

This is your body on videogames

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc
Sound is so much better this year already.

TheChirurgeon posted:

Jesus this guy couldn't prepare any opening remarks? Maybe just go over it once or twice ahead of time?

Everyone is not paid a hundred grand a year to speak on TV.

cheesetriangles
Jan 5, 2011

Doughy Gingers is my anti video game.

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"
I've never seen this game before but it's a great game to start with.

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc
Yeah the visuals are terrific.

TheChirurgeon
Aug 7, 2002

Taco Defender

Sir Tonk posted:

Sound is so much better this year already.

Everyone is not paid a hundred grand a year to speak on TV.

Oh nevermind then it's totally cool that he didn't rehearse or write down any opening remarks for an event that has historically raised over half a million dollars. I didn't realize you needed to be paid to do something to practice it!

the Gaffe
Jul 4, 2011

you gotta believe dawg
This is super minor but I work in the audio industry. The handheld mic should be an SM58, not an SM57. The 58 would prevent handling noise and the puffs of air people keep doing by talking directly into the microphone.

That said everything else is amazing and a huge improvement. Spikevegeta is top tier commentator.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
So how come Volgarr is in the AGDQ Humble Bundle, but it not being runned?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

TheChirurgeon posted:

Oh nevermind then it's totally cool that he didn't rehearse or write down any opening remarks for an event that has historically raised over half a million dollars. I didn't realize you needed to be paid to do something to practice it!

Have you ever spoken on live TV without a teleprompter?

the Gaffe posted:

This is super minor but I work in the audio industry. The handheld mic should be an SM58, not an SM57. The 58 would prevent handling noise and the puffs of air people keep doing by talking directly into the microphone.

Yeah, noticed that as well. CoolMatty should be around at some point and he'll know why they went with a SM57.

But yeah, sound is way better already.

• Locked thread