Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

Endorph posted:

Why is there a Fire Emblem game scheduled? The last one was a catastrophe, and as a fan of the series, FE games have to be some of the most uninteresting speedruns in the world to actually watch, even if the planning behind them can be interesting if you know the games.

Is it a different one? Is it a different runner? I mean there's always a few longer runs and not everything is amazing, but just because one guy screws up in one game of an entire series doesn't mean they should outright blacklist the franchise.

But if it's the same guy and the same game that's probably a bad idea yeah.

In cases like that I always hope there's some weird bugs to exploit that let you blow through the game in strange ways.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

Well, gotta sleep at some point. That sounds like a good chance to do it.

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

The FE run wasn't an interesting disaster, it was just boring with a lot of unlucky RNG for several hours.

I can't recommend watching it.

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

Both blindfolded Punch-Outs were amazing runs. Those were the most exciting things at any GDQ event I've seen.

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

dragon enthusiast posted:

Hoping something gets done about the donation comments requesting the streamer/couch crew to do some stupid thing. Easily the worst part of SGDQ 2014.

The worst ones were "do a thing and I'll donate X money!" so everyone feels obligated to do it because money for charity is the goal even if it's something stupid or disruptive, and there's no way to know if that person is even going to actually follow through or not.

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

Diddy Kong Racing's Any% run is really really funny and a lot of fun to watch, one of those things where they just break the game over and over and over and make it do ridiculous poo poo and finish it pretty fast.

DKR 100% is a boring slog, it was a boring slog last time, and being a race is not making it less of a boring slog.

Bring back any%.

Edit: watch this instead
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Ct8n1CClUM&t=180s

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

Anatharon posted:

Is the TAS block available anywhere yet?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MjmxmPwmfOk

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

Ramadu posted:

I assumed all the races would be against each other :(

F-Zero is a single-player game. It has no multiplayer. GX's story mode is the same way I think? I don't know about Climax though.

Diddy Kong Racing could have been a co-op run any% run though.

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

This run is really good so far, the kind of stuff I usually expect from F-Zero games. Informative and cool.

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

Paper Mario is another game like Diddy Kong Racing where any% is a lot of fun even if it takes an hour or so, since there's tons of cool skips and a lot of high-risk tricks to pull off that break the game apart, but on 100% it's just a boring overly long slog through the entire game.

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

raditts posted:

I just tuned back in. Is Mega Man Unlimited a rom hack or something? I thought that was the name of that thing from a couple years ago where you could make and share your own Megaman levels that got aborted for some reason.

Fangame, apparently a pretty hard one at that. Seemed well made though.

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

dijon du jour posted:

Holy crap Megaman just tried to murder an unarmed man.

the best part is they added that for the US version for no reason

in japan, he drops the buster charge and says ". . . . ."

they replaced nothing, with a death threat

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

Like almost any other 100% run, this is not bad but an any% would probably be a lot more fun to watch.

• Locked thread