Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tracula
Mar 26, 2010

PLEASE LEAVE

Kaboom Dragoon posted:

Is there a video of the last FE speedrun attempt? I feel like I have to witness this carcrash, the Double Dragon Advance run from last year wasn't enough.

Unrelated, I had no idea there was a game based on TekWar. Is it a point-and-click or sometyhing?

The Double Dragon Advance run dying was great. Didn't an enemy get hit out of bounds and he just couldn't complete it?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tracula
Mar 26, 2010

PLEASE LEAVE

Please don't let UltraJman back. He by far had the worst segment during the entire marathon, even if it was during the bonus section with him showing off his god awful stupid game.

Tracula
Mar 26, 2010

PLEASE LEAVE

Crain posted:

Which segment was this?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QRuK52FB33E

Tracula
Mar 26, 2010

PLEASE LEAVE
We still need to have someone beat Iron Mike blindfolded for the NES Punch-Out!

Tracula
Mar 26, 2010

PLEASE LEAVE

Spermgod posted:

lmao how are you such a loving weenie

So be honest. How much do you want to post puns with the word cuck in them?

Tracula
Mar 26, 2010

PLEASE LEAVE

Dizz posted:

Can't wait to donate to the same game that's been ran in every marathon.

Suggest a new game then.

Tracula
Mar 26, 2010

PLEASE LEAVE

Groovelord Neato posted:

It's weird an actual awesome game like Gunstar Heroes is run at 4 in the morning while objectively bad Sonic games come midday.

Eh. Sometimes bad games can have amusing runs or ways of being broken in absolutely absurd ways.

Tracula
Mar 26, 2010

PLEASE LEAVE

dragon enthusiast posted:

Hoping something gets done about the donation comments requesting the streamer/couch crew to do some stupid thing. Easily the worst part of SGDQ 2014.

Just imagine this year how many donation comments are probably gonna mention poo poo like Gamergate :v:

Tracula
Mar 26, 2010

PLEASE LEAVE

Dominic White posted:

Unfortunately, if Gamergate is blacklisted, expect the event to be DDoS'd and at least some attempt at doxxing, swatting or otherwise abusing the organizers. That's what they've done with every other charity that has politely asked them to back off, including Ablegamers. They were sending a pretty solid stream of death threats to that guy and his family for a while.

poo poo is loving depressing. Who does that over videogames?

Ugh of all things I could see happening I'd bet on swatting since that seemed to get a surge in popularity during 2014.

Tracula
Mar 26, 2010

PLEASE LEAVE

Internet Kraken posted:

Is this guy really all alone there? I haven't heard any applause for the tricks he's pulling off.

I've heard some noise in the background but it might just be ambient.

Tracula
Mar 26, 2010

PLEASE LEAVE

jerkstoresup posted:

You can probably count on one hand the number of people there who have played Quake 2, let alone finished or know anything about running it.

That's the only real issue. This looks impressive but not near as many people know this like Quake 1 which is pretty much what even made speed running a thing :v:

Tracula
Mar 26, 2010

PLEASE LEAVE
If Bill Paxton Pinball was the grand prize I'd totally donate for that.

Tracula
Mar 26, 2010

PLEASE LEAVE
Does this game use Steamworks? I forgot and since they're playing online if it goes down...

Tracula
Mar 26, 2010

PLEASE LEAVE

absolutely anything posted:

this commentary really sucks holy poo poo

it's just laughing about silly hat and wacky song and if you don't already know what's going on the game is incomprehensible which they could maybe fix if they weren't just going "THE OMEGA BOOST!!!! HAHAHAHA"

but it has the mother freaking stamper or whoever so i guess it's actually good

You just hate fun, don't you?

Tracula
Mar 26, 2010

PLEASE LEAVE

absolutely anything posted:

hahahah he has diarrhea..... hahahahahah! HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

This but about your posting.

Tracula
Mar 26, 2010

PLEASE LEAVE
Yeah guys we need to take AGDQ seriously

*Watches a run from 2013 with a guy wearing a bugs bunny costume and lots of people holding animu plushies*

Tracula
Mar 26, 2010

PLEASE LEAVE

Dash O Pepper posted:

There should be no 100% runs at all during *GDQ, or should be severely limited to 1-2 max for the entire marathon. Also no Rareware games at all.

Thanks for the input. I hope you get to book the runs for SGDQ.

Tracula
Mar 26, 2010

PLEASE LEAVE

Dash O Pepper posted:

This doesn't work when you consider that Time of Day is a thing. Not everyone wants to stay up to 3am for something cool while they put on Critically Acclaimed Batman Arkham Asylum 100% 3 hour run on at like 5pm.

:qq:

Tracula
Mar 26, 2010

PLEASE LEAVE

Dash O Pepper posted:

things are better live though? like the gimmick run from 2 ? years ago is still cool, but watching it live was objectively cooler and it was only like 15 mins :p. same goes for cosmo's oot run from i think the same year.

its more fun to participate while the runs are going on

:qq:

Tracula
Mar 26, 2010

PLEASE LEAVE

Dash O Pepper posted:

There should be less 100% runs and also they should probably cut down on filler a.k.a maybe make the marathon not a full week long.

I'm actually genuinely curious at this point how you'd schedule SGDQ 2015 and what you feel should be cut and added.

Tracula
Mar 26, 2010

PLEASE LEAVE

Dash O Pepper posted:

Agreed, I understand its a necessary evil but that's why I also posted saying the marathon could maybe stand to be less bloated (<1 week). If you want the week long thing do 5 days of solid content then have a bonus stream w/e

You are aware that people are donating to charity during the marathon and it dies off during the bonus stream, right?

Tracula
Mar 26, 2010

PLEASE LEAVE

Gamma Nerd posted:

sometimes the game gets really glitchy in a uniquely cool JRPG way, and that's great. i agree that random encounters suck though

That reminds me. Are there any Bravely Default runs? Since at any time you can adjust the encounter rate as low as you want it seems like it'd be interesting to route with incredibly low levels.

Tracula
Mar 26, 2010

PLEASE LEAVE
Someone's microphone keeps loving popping.

Tracula
Mar 26, 2010

PLEASE LEAVE
What happened anyways? I tuned out for a bit and then I'm seeing the stream having an aneurysm.

Tracula
Mar 26, 2010

PLEASE LEAVE
Rip

Tracula
Mar 26, 2010

PLEASE LEAVE
I was wrong. Please bring back UltraJman. He was less awkward and lovely than this.

Tracula
Mar 26, 2010

PLEASE LEAVE

Critical posted:

Like I don't even give a gently caress that's it's anime waifu poo poo. It's a poorly thrown together Mario ripoff that sucks poo poo through ten bricks.

Yeah, this would be fine as a bonus stream game but I really don't get it being part of the main marathon.

Tracula
Mar 26, 2010

PLEASE LEAVE
I actually want to see the Within a Deep Forest run since I remember that game from years back being tough as loving balls but really drat fun.

fake edit: lol at the explanation of save vs killing the animals.

Tracula
Mar 26, 2010

PLEASE LEAVE
Does anyone have a viewer graph for when this started? I just wanna see that drop off.

Tracula
Mar 26, 2010

PLEASE LEAVE

deadpan posted:

I just don't get some of the scheduling choices this year. They put Battleblock and this anime fangame in the highly watched evening slots but Rocket Knight Adventures and Dynamite Headdy are buried in the dead of night? What?

BBT had a pretty big audience though.

Tracula
Mar 26, 2010

PLEASE LEAVE

Critical posted:

There is nothing original about this game. Everything is cribbed from something else.

I guess that's kind of the point but it's not even well done as an "homage" or whatever. It's just bland as all hell.

Tracula
Mar 26, 2010

PLEASE LEAVE

Zurreco posted:

Someone poured their blood, sweat, and tears into making these static anime banners. Someone else poured their heart and soul into making sure that every level was an homage to a key part of the source material in order to preserve the mature themes of the original writers.

I'm sure they poured a lot more of another fluid all over their hands when they were making it.

Tracula
Mar 26, 2010

PLEASE LEAVE

Sentient Desk Lamp posted:

So is there anything worth watching tonight after this tragedy is through?

Not real familiar with the upcoming games.

Within a Deep Forest will probably good, gonna have developer commentary on that as well. Nifflas also made the Knytt games.

Tracula
Mar 26, 2010

PLEASE LEAVE
I don't know what amused me more. The goons triggered the Battle Block Theater run or the goons triggered by New Super Marisa Land run.

Tracula
Mar 26, 2010

PLEASE LEAVE

Takoluka posted:

Riveting commentary on Zelda II.

Seriously. The run is fine and all but good lord is it lifeless as gently caress compared to Witwix playing Boshy.

Tracula
Mar 26, 2010

PLEASE LEAVE

DoctorStrangelove posted:

Notch is a fuckhead.

Guess everyone knew that but eh.

How awful that it'll encourage people to meet that and try even harder to kill the animals :jerkbag:

Tracula
Mar 26, 2010

PLEASE LEAVE
Oh hey they're playing the Transistor soundtrack again during the ad.

Edit: Only took them like 5 tries to fix it.

Tracula
Mar 26, 2010

PLEASE LEAVE

Shadow Ninja 64 posted:

This is a sponsor of the event that has supplied them with a video to play periodically. It comes out like 6 times a day and is a minute long and it makes certain people super mad like crazy people.

Trigger warning: Advertisements.

Tracula
Mar 26, 2010

PLEASE LEAVE
How come the dungeons are significantly different in color? The dungeon was blue on the left and purple on the right.

Edit: All the blues seem to be purple on the right screen apparently.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tracula
Mar 26, 2010

PLEASE LEAVE
So how many subs to Witwix pick up from his Boshy run?

• Locked thread