Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Uznare
Jul 15, 2010

It's not animation, but the real stories!

usedpizza posted:

mine is the last ninja with taz a close 2nd

All burger run confirmed for last ninja???? holy moly mates

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Uznare
Jul 15, 2010

:siren: GIMMICK! Alert. :siren:

The room is gonna be packed for this.

Uznare
Jul 15, 2010

WrightOfWay posted:

Is FFT even an interesting run or is it just Calculator spam?

No math, so yes it's pretty creative with its way to destroy the game. it's about 30 minutes slower than the math spam category. And even then any% is pretty drat cool math spam and all.

Uznare
Jul 15, 2010

Sdoots posted:

Donkey Kong Country 2 by Reflected, Claude, Krauser, and Darkwing Duck

Just pointing out that it's dragonballjoseph not darkwing duck. twitch.tv/dragonballjoseph

Uznare
Jul 15, 2010

Sire Oblivion posted:

This owns but... when she dies... what the hell is drifting down? I want to say they look like Panties, because :japan: but I hope I'm wrong.

It's her backpack you weirdo.

Uznare
Jul 15, 2010

Random Stranger posted:

Also, the runners have been much closer to estimate than they have been in the past. The vast majority of runners in years past finished about 20% ahead of estimate to allow for problems. Now it's people finishing almost exactly on estimate.

You keep saying this like it's the runners being bad, but in previous years the runners had to include setup time for their games in their estimates.

e: what UA said pretty much, i should have refreshed 10 mins earlier

Uznare
Jul 15, 2010

Al Borland posted:

Chill until we get to Mechahawk!

There's no mechahawk in the run, scrub. GOD. :goonsay:

Uznare
Jul 15, 2010

UraniumAnchor posted:

World9 Gaming provided a ton of practice equipment and is running the practice room for us.

I'm not certain what Tiny Build gave us, and rom isn't around for me to ask.

I heard from people at the event that the equipment wasn't in great condition (rf only consoles, bad controllers, snes consoles weren't soft modded, etc)so people have been resorting to practicing in the casual room. Is there any reason why that sponsor was selected without a quality check for the equipment?

Uznare
Jul 15, 2010

Nintendo Kid posted:

How the hell do you soft mod an SNES?

Referring to the plastic tabs being clipped, so people cant use j carts on practice consoles.

Uznare
Jul 15, 2010

UraniumAnchor posted:

Can't speak for the rest but "bad controllers" is kind of silly to complain about since people were supposed to be bringing their own anyway.

Yeah, I'm not there myself so I can't say anything but I heard about it a couple of times in the last few days.

Uznare
Jul 15, 2010

:thejoke:

I hope in the future maybe non-poo poo SM hacks make it in, like Eris. Eris is such a good SM hack.

Uznare
Jul 15, 2010

I was surprised at how good tech was for the most part this year. Especially compared to 2014 where even the stream recordings were basically inaudible. That said setup definitely needs some improvement, I'm not sure why it took so long. A lot of times setup was even longer than the runs. A lot of cool runs could have been fit in the schedule if the setup was faster (off the top of my head Claude could have run FFT like 9 times with all the combined setup time).

Uznare
Jul 15, 2010

A.G.Pennypacker posted:

I actually think some people deserve to be paid for their work?

As an organization GDQ raised what, 2.1 million between AGDQ and SGDQ, and 1.5million already with just AGDQ this year? Any other organization that makes ~2 million a year absolutely has people they're paying.

Considering whoever the main organizer/scheduler is probably gets about a week tops after this event is done(keeping in mind they still have to figure out/organize raffle prize winners), before they have to start thinking and scheduling SGDQ. I guess what I'm saying is the main guy (Mike Uyama I guess people say?) that organizes this should maybe consider doing it as a full time job.

Although then people would start listing it on sites that track how much goes to funding/how much goes to admin and what peoples salaries are, and start making bad posts about it.

Anyway, this has grown from a cool event a couple guys did over a few days in a small room, to an event that they can sell tickets and gets 100k+ viewers a day, I hope they can navigate everything that comes along with having this grow!

It's already Uyama's fulltime job and has been since like 2013.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Uznare
Jul 15, 2010

Random Stranger posted:

I think we all know what everyone has really been waiting for is my Lifeline speed run.

romscout already runs that.

• Locked thread