Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Wiggly Wayne DDS
Sep 11, 2010

Kikas posted:

This might be a problem, since this yeah Twitch disabled automatic recording of everything that you stream to a channel, making it so you can only save highlights.
There's still recordings (if you enable it) for two weeks. Now the content protection knocking 30m chunks of audio off VODs is another matter.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wiggly Wayne DDS
Sep 11, 2010

New WR on the thread police appearing

Wiggly Wayne DDS
Sep 11, 2010

Eonwe posted:

is there a google doc showing the donation incentives and the amounts toward the goals
There's the tracker for that: https://gamesdonequick.com/tracker/12

Wiggly Wayne DDS
Sep 11, 2010

Crain posted:

It's pretty amazing how quickly the energy left from this marathon. It was great for two games then boom, nothing. They really need to make better choices when it not only comes to game options, but with who commentates.

They should look into getting a dedicated set of casters who they know will commentate. Like dedicated expert casters instead of leaving it up to runners friends or random people who "promised" to watch some runs before hand.
You could have a group of 8 casters take two person 6 hour shifts to makes sure there's some decent commentary to keep people interested.
Don't worry there'll be a professional esports commentator later:

Daily reminder for CoolMatty to fix the crt feedback

Wiggly Wayne DDS
Sep 11, 2010

Jibo posted:

So was that awful MK Wii run freezing up and making horrible grating sounds every now and then or is my video card getting ready to take a poo poo again?
That was the paid audio technician.

Wiggly Wayne DDS posted:

Daily reminder for CoolMatty to fix the crt feedback
I guess he decided to fix it live?

Wiggly Wayne DDS
Sep 11, 2010

Meh I'd have been impressed if they directly connected via XBAND.

Wiggly Wayne DDS
Sep 11, 2010

ullerrm posted:

I have to admit, last year's Minecraft run was kinda interesting in the abstract -- the goal was to get to The End and kill the Ender Dragon as quickly as possible. He started from a seed and used a bunch of glitches to duplicate things, and then killed the Ender Dragon using a bug with exploding beds. It was an odd little 25-minute gap-filler, not that terrible to watch.

(A co-op Minecraft run was actually on the AGDQ schedule this year, but they decided to cut it at the last minute (December) because the runners had real-life issues and couldn't practice enough, and the organizers were worried that they'd be rusty and gently caress up the run. Vanquish took its place. That Vanquish run is going to be amazing, btw -- it's being run one-handed.)
A 2-hour unseeded run of minecraft by LPers or Vanquish by halfcoordinated? Real tough call that one

Dark Forces 2 was a great run to watch.

Wiggly Wayne DDS
Sep 11, 2010

Ramadu posted:

put this in the op god drat
People uploading parts onto youtube will be monetising them and it won't be going to the charity, can we not encourage them?

Wiggly Wayne DDS
Sep 11, 2010

Poultron posted:

Uhh, are they?
It happens every event.

Wiggly Wayne DDS
Sep 11, 2010

Direct feed is just skype's screensharing

Wiggly Wayne DDS
Sep 11, 2010

Sire Oblivion posted:

Uncharted was legit interesting and last year's RE4 run was pretty bad, didn't he use New Game+ weapons and poo poo that trivialized the whole game?
Yeah it caused a discussion about potentially blocking any NG+ runs for a while.

Wiggly Wayne DDS
Sep 11, 2010

Zurreco posted:

Err, what? I verified the current SDA run and that ended up being almost 7 hours. What the hell did they discover?
There's amazing things involved with the pc port - definitely tune in.

Wiggly Wayne DDS
Sep 11, 2010

ApeHawk posted:

But then how would we see the little girls getting big boobs as a power-up?

Edit: Oh good, it's over.
There was also the upskirt powerup.

Wiggly Wayne DDS
Sep 11, 2010

Tweak posted:

i hope that guy wasn't close to a WR because that would suck to choke on the last action during a marathon to set it
It was about 10s off - different timing methods.

Wiggly Wayne DDS
Sep 11, 2010

Don't expect sub 2:30 without Kotti there to provide advice.

Wiggly Wayne DDS
Sep 11, 2010

Worth noting that the donations will really ramp up now. Check out AGDQ 2014: http://irc.alligatr.co.uk/agdq14/ Then check out what the donations are at right now: http://irc.alligatr.co.uk/agdq15/

Wiggly Wayne DDS
Sep 11, 2010

Little Mac posted:

Wasn't metal gear ground zeroes supposed to be at adgq this year?
It was a bonus game that got cut as they're so far behind schedule iirc

Wiggly Wayne DDS
Sep 11, 2010

Geight posted:

Yeah I don't know if that guy messed up his timestamp or what, but way later in that particular Wind Waker run a visibly agitated Cosmo asks Mirrored to please stop talking. That lasted for a little bit, but the dude really overshadowed Cosmo's commentary which he had been practicing on stream for like, a month.
I want to say that was about 2 hours into the run, and the silence lasts 5-10m.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wiggly Wayne DDS
Sep 11, 2010

There's a followup where the runner explains that the guy was a random who invited himself to the couch: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w8rUzA8O_aQ

• Locked thread