Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

This tomb raider glitch is fuckin sick

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Dias posted:

Nah, cause then they might be chiller than you and you can't be the chill place if someone else is chiller.
i've found that the people who want video games to be taken less seriously are the ones who take video games the most seriously

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

I love that it's a week long except it's even longer than that because the last winter agdq had a bonus stream that went on for like another 5 days

if you're not a fan of whats currently on, watch some netflix or something, I recommend bobs burgers

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

my prob with BBT the game is that games whose levels are made in the level editor that ships with the game always feel bland to me and lose my interest after a while

I know some people love that though

the run is entertaining enough

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

the marathon is for everybody but i demand they do a parasite eve run for me and show all the cutscenes of mutant rats and people turning into tang

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Al Borland posted:

I'm skeptical of this.
Oh darn, that's bad rng. This never happens. Alright, this run will now be 10 hours long

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

i hope that one guy is doing that super mario 64 run where he tries to do the backwards WAHOO trick through the door and keeps loving up for 20 minutes that was my favorite run from agdq and then encore at sgdq

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

this is where the game's "humor" kinda loses me

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Al Borland posted:

wow it is realllllllly quiet for the amount of people in there.
that's what the q in AGDQ actually means

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

This isn't quite as good as the Mario 64 guy loving up the WAHOO backwards jump through the door for 20 minutes but it's pretty good so far

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Only took him 4 minutes, shameful. Mario 64 guy still king

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

"I have a five frame window to jump there."
"I think he has a seven frame window to jump there?"
"Five"

:geno:

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Mercifully ended by failure

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

The Race Where Everything Bad Happened

e: "It is true, every 10 enemies you WILL get a forced bo-- oh I got 5 rupees"

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

RIP darkwing duck

it got too dangerous

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

I don't think I could beat any of these levels and he's just strolling through them

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

i'm trying to remember things from SGDQ and all I can remember is the one guy playing flash games in a browser and the people behind him making fun of him and the game the entire time

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Harlock posted:

Was that the guy with the snake clone thing
Yeah it was like you had to stretch from one point in the level through a maze of walls and then after collecting everything, go back to the entrance. The small crowd that was there was poking fun at how bad the game was and the run the entire time.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Pretty stingy donation from Bruce Wayne, if you ask me

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

is there really a donation incentive for noobest doing dark souls

after

what happened the last time

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Brother Entropy posted:

what happened last time?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WlEFrs-m2PE

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

this is probably how I would play fire emblem, not because I speedrun but because SRPGs are too slow to be enjoyable for me

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

"this is 3 minutes of credits"

*donation guy prepares to read donations*

"so i'm just gonna keep talking about whatever"

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

"we can do a donation reading now" "okay, we have a $25 do--" "WELL ANYWAY HERE'S THIS STAGE"

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

As a request for future AGDQs, they really need to list the AGDQ record and World records underneath the estimate. Everyone asks anyway, and someone always knows. It'd be neat to track WR progress during the run.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Poultron posted:

Feel like this would put too much pressure on the runners. GDQ record might be fine but world record is something they already are not concerned with at all, why list it so that everyone goes "hurrr so far from WR" or "hurrr so close" at the end?
The runner shouldn't be able to see it, they're just staring at the TV or whatever.

If they don't want to do WR they should at least show the runner's personal best, and maybe the GDQ record

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

While waiting for the next Megaman, play the best version of Megaman ever made

https://archive.org/stream/msdos_Me...=dosbox&scale=2

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

At this point I am just enjoying the adventures of donation announcer man trying to squeeze a single donation into the past 3 hours and being unable to do so

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

i'm going to play suikoden 2 during this run while also trying to get this to run at full speed on my poo poo computer

https://archive.org/details/sg_Teenage_Mutant_Ninja_Turtles_The_Hyperstone_Heist_1992_Konami_US

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Beef Waifu posted:

Did a thing happen? I haven't been watching when Megaman started, but like why is there a controversy right now?
Whatever it is I'm sure it's not important

Big Jon time

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

the only thing they can't speedrun is the setup!!!!!!!!!!!!!! *throws a bunch of sunglasses on the floor and backflips*

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Ahahaha after all that

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Caleb is about to propose to himself

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

lmao people really want to see noobest gently caress up dark souls

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

Can I donate to get a different reader? These voices are the worst thing. I'd rather watch the Diddy Kong Racing race again.
She's a better reader than most of them, especially after one of the readers yesterday couldn't get a single donation in. She fit all the donations into the right gaps of silence.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

DARPA Dad posted:

what happened to the guy what got banned from the event for reading out the frenchman donation?
He wasn't banned, people misread the tweet

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

People are donating just to creep on this woman

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

This is why I wanted another reader.
Uh it's not her fault or anything, it would probably happen to any woman behind the mic, especially with the Twitch community

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

I know, I don't hate her or think she's bad. I'm just sick of "do this cute voice. Say this. Do this for me. Do the voice" comments.
OTOH it's people donating money to charity for that reason so they'll take the money

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Good Citizen posted:

Is that guy behind the runner the 'man forced to eat his own beard' guy??

for some reason I read this as "man forced to eat bread" and that seemed funnier to me

• Locked thread