Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ramadu
Aug 25, 2004

2015 NFL MVP

dis astranagant posted:

They're piling in here because "cuck" and "im gay" are bannable in GBS this week.

too be fair, "cuck" is just so overdone at this point its kinda unbelievable how well goons ran that poo poo into the ground. :regd08:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ramadu
Aug 25, 2004

2015 NFL MVP

Cybernetic Vermin posted:

The benign stuff is bad enough, comments about friends and relatives dying from cancer interspersed with the superficial triviality of gaming as a hobby sort of depresses me every time.

Still looking forward to AGDQ, but the donation comments are not a high point.

I'm glad I'm not the only one. I basically watch on mute because apparently everyone is dying of cancer and it makes me sad.

Ramadu
Aug 25, 2004

2015 NFL MVP

Anime Curator posted:

Yeah like the person who is reading off donations is actually going to comment on that garbage.

lol of course they would. Gamers have strong opinions on bad things.

Ramadu
Aug 25, 2004

2015 NFL MVP

Cubey posted:

also the dude drove back home and left her at the event stranded. honestly i feel worse for her, the guy seems like a douchebag who doesn't understand other human beings.

how loving damaged are you that you wouldn't leave her stranded for doing that ahaha

Ramadu
Aug 25, 2004

2015 NFL MVP

African AIDS cum posted:

Why are they using TT? Seems dishonest and wrong.

Would you say.....fraudulent?

Ramadu
Aug 25, 2004

2015 NFL MVP

This is really boring. Worst halftime entertainment.

Ramadu
Aug 25, 2004

2015 NFL MVP

Why is there 2 games in 5 hours right at the beginning of the marathon. WHy would you not do long run -> 2-5x short runs -> long run and repeat? WHat the heck

Ramadu
Aug 25, 2004

2015 NFL MVP

African AIDS cum posted:

I think they are poorly coached

I agree. I think these guys need a man who is just asking questions to shake up this organization.

Ramadu
Aug 25, 2004

2015 NFL MVP

Harlock posted:

Dumping all these awesome games in the AM :negative:

It's a travesty all the more interesting non-cart based games of a decent length and interest is at a goofy time

Ramadu
Aug 25, 2004

2015 NFL MVP

going into :goonsay: territory here but that dude sitting with his knees up and arms around them is so weird to me. I don't think I've ever seen a dude sit like that in my actual life and I'm really weirded out and can't stop looking at it and noticing it.

Ramadu
Aug 25, 2004

2015 NFL MVP

Crain posted:

I think I'm coming to the realization that race based speed run races are lame as gently caress. They should just race each other.

I assumed all the races would be against each other :(

Ramadu
Aug 25, 2004

2015 NFL MVP

So I;m wondering something. Do they not put the donations that come in with no incentive instructions towards one of the unmet incentives? Why wouldn't they

Ramadu
Aug 25, 2004

2015 NFL MVP

Mr E posted:

was this a thing.

a lot of people donated in a short period where their whole familes died within the last hour or so i guess

Ramadu
Aug 25, 2004

2015 NFL MVP

THat was pretty cool. Time for descent also a cool game. Does anyone have a link to the Dark Forces 2 speedrun?

Ramadu
Aug 25, 2004

2015 NFL MVP

Kikas posted:

You'll have to wait for the next time they reset the stream, cause that's when the VODs go up on twitch. And however long it takes them to put them up in the Reddit thread you can link/make a sticky tab of to get all the VODs when they go up.

Oh. I thought they were getting youtubes up fast cause I saw youtube links going up super fast in the stream.

Ramadu
Aug 25, 2004

2015 NFL MVP

Acquire Currency! posted:

How did anyone play this game jfc

The 90s were a magical time for weird as gently caress games

Ramadu
Aug 25, 2004

2015 NFL MVP

Cerebulon posted:

That seems a little bit delayed in being updated. Somebody linked a youtube playlist in the comments which I believe is an automatic upload of the runs as they finish:
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL_NsA72Bgro96PNeBjK7G07qQ1PtCTrVe
It's completely up to date.

put this in the op god drat

Ramadu
Aug 25, 2004

2015 NFL MVP

flyboi posted:

Back when this game came out it was pretty impressive at its time. The sickness isn't as bad if you're controlling it and he's intentionally doing things that make you go faster which don't help - instead of just going in 1 direction he's most always traveling in 3 to increase his speed further than traveling on 1 axis. I used to love the game back when it was out but Descent 2 is the best :colbert:

I think you mean Descent: Freespace

Ramadu
Aug 25, 2004

2015 NFL MVP

Eonwe posted:

who cares tho

Wiggly Wayne DDS!

Ramadu
Aug 25, 2004

2015 NFL MVP

CarpetCrawler posted:

Anything longer than an hour makes Twitch chat want to see something else.

They're not wrong

Ramadu
Aug 25, 2004

2015 NFL MVP

Synonamess Botch posted:

um maybe i'm just jaded but this sounds like a donator telling some pretty tall tales. the part about his brother is especially fishy. has anyone actually spoken with someone

uhhhh who cares its money for the charity gosh get over yourself

Ramadu
Aug 25, 2004

2015 NFL MVP

THat was a pretty awesome and fun run to watch.

Ramadu
Aug 25, 2004

2015 NFL MVP

Strange Quark posted:

What the gently caress.

:drat: you got owned

Ramadu
Aug 25, 2004

2015 NFL MVP

This dude has the biggest goddamn hair

Ramadu
Aug 25, 2004

2015 NFL MVP

can't hear poo poo

Ramadu
Aug 25, 2004

2015 NFL MVP

Hmmm.

Yep I'd be dead by now.

Ramadu
Aug 25, 2004

2015 NFL MVP

Wait what, less than 5?

Ramadu
Aug 25, 2004

2015 NFL MVP

:stare:

Ramadu
Aug 25, 2004

2015 NFL MVP

:eyepop: holy poo poo I can't even process this

Ramadu
Aug 25, 2004

2015 NFL MVP

So....did he win? Is he a witch? Do we burn him? I don't know how to react.

Ramadu
Aug 25, 2004

2015 NFL MVP

oh my god these peoplea re witches :stare:

Ramadu
Aug 25, 2004

2015 NFL MVP

invisible loving tetris. what the gently caress

Ramadu
Aug 25, 2004

2015 NFL MVP

some goku tetris poo poo happening here

Ramadu
Aug 25, 2004

2015 NFL MVP

THeres a gimmick.

A gimmick.

Ramadu
Aug 25, 2004

2015 NFL MVP

Oh my god

Ramadu
Aug 25, 2004

2015 NFL MVP

Failure. :getout:

Ramadu
Aug 25, 2004

2015 NFL MVP

Thge best thing ever would be right now having some japanese player walk out to the final count down or something and just crushing that game. If only. WWE style.

BAH GAWD ITS <japanese player>

Ramadu
Aug 25, 2004

2015 NFL MVP

AardvarkGrenadier posted:

But seriously who would have thought loving Tetris would be the highlight of the marathon so far. I knew about these games, but seeing them actually played live was just something else. All hail our Tetris Gods.

There is nothing that will be as cool as this block coming after this. I can shut 'er down.

Ramadu
Aug 25, 2004

2015 NFL MVP

Holy gently caress. That was amazing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ramadu
Aug 25, 2004

2015 NFL MVP

Sorry shovel knight dude. You've got the worst follow up job to do imaginable. Wow.

• Locked thread