Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
neonnoodle
Mar 20, 2008

by exmarx
Did a digital study of me irl Bert:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bad Milk
Nov 14, 2014

click here for big booty bitches

Iīm working on a new childrenīs story and this is the design for the protagonist, a prehistoric little girl who discovers fire.

SGT. Squeaks
Jun 18, 2003

Two men enter, one man leaves. That is the way of the hobotorium!
Got some painting in this weekend.

Galileo Fingers
Jun 28, 2008
Peacock design

Galileo Fingers fucked around with this message at 15:11 on Jan 23, 2015

Avshalom
Feb 14, 2012

by Lowtax

I did this one really quickly and I'm a bit surprised by how much I like it.

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice
I drew an orc so I figured I'd continue on a World of Warcraft kind of trend and do a draenei:

EDIT: hosed around with it some more:

Phylodox fucked around with this message at 16:10 on Jan 28, 2015

Avshalom
Feb 14, 2012

by Lowtax

Lumpy
Apr 26, 2002

La! La! La! Laaaa!

College Slice

While I suspect if I were to look closely I could find "errors" in proportion, perspective, etc, this is a really wonderful painting. I'm inspired by your progress, the fact that you actually post almost daily, and your ability to actually put your work out there. Despite reading Art and Fear, I have a really, really hard time posting anything and I've bailed on hitting 'submit' twenty or more times for everything of mine that's made it into these threads.

Avshalom
Feb 14, 2012

by Lowtax

Lumpy posted:

While I suspect if I were to look closely I could find "errors" in proportion, perspective, etc, this is a really wonderful painting. I'm inspired by your progress, the fact that you actually post almost daily, and your ability to actually put your work out there. Despite reading Art and Fear, I have a really, really hard time posting anything and I've bailed on hitting 'submit' twenty or more times for everything of mine that's made it into these threads.
:unsmith: Thank you, that's really kind of you. I definitely couldn't have improved at all without all the help I've been getting from this thread. And don't worry, it's natural to be afraid of putting your stuff out in public. I really liked the painting that you did earlier, but maybe you could start with quicker sketches if you'd like to try posting stuff daily? That way you haven't spent as much time on them so you're not as emotionally invested, it might help you get over that first hurdle of just clicking the "submit" button.

I'll post a face later, but for the time being, here's something I finally finished just then.

Avshalom
Feb 14, 2012

by Lowtax

neonnoodle
Mar 20, 2008

by exmarx

Nebalebadingdong
Jun 30, 2005

i made a video game.
why not give it a try!?
meh

President Kucinich
Feb 21, 2003

Bitterly Clinging to my AK47 and Das Kapital

You really captured the grace and dignity I come to expect from Jigglypuff.

Dogcow
Jun 21, 2005

The Assam Macaques have developed cybernetic implants six millions years in the future, but hey, what are you gonna do about it.

Humboldt Squid
Jan 21, 2006

Decided to revisit something from 2008 to see how much i've improved.

Avshalom
Feb 14, 2012

by Lowtax
Sorry that I missed posting yesterday, I was stranded without any uploading hardware.

I drew these right after getting back from the meat raffle at the local pub, and it shows (I won a meat tray!)

And today's.

Nebalebadingdong
Jun 30, 2005

i made a video game.
why not give it a try!?
amphibians!

neonnoodle
Mar 20, 2008

by exmarx
more study

Edit: sketchbook painting

neonnoodle fucked around with this message at 21:45 on Jan 24, 2015

the_lion
Jun 8, 2010

On the hunt for prey... :D
A dead Megaman. Get the shovel out.

Avshalom
Feb 14, 2012

by Lowtax

Keret
Aug 26, 2012

Soiled Meat
Hey doodlin' goons. I've been traveling around in Europe with my sketchbook for the past 5 months and although I have been extremely lazy with drawing, I thought I would share what I have done and hopefully get some constructive criticism/feedback and help break out of the echo chamber I've made for myself! It's mostly graphite in my moleskine, excuse the crap photo quality and giant images/lack of cropping, I cannot for the life of me figure out how to edit photos in the imgur app on Android.

Commence wall of images:

Avshalom
Feb 14, 2012

by Lowtax

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

Avshalom, how do you stay so productive?

More poses, done right to left. I hit on a better way of constructing people for the last one, and it shows, because the first two are hot garbage.

This isn't everything I did all weekend, but there was a lot of experimenting to get to these and they really aren't worth posting.

Doctor_Fruitbat fucked around with this message at 00:43 on Jan 26, 2015

Found Sound
Jun 8, 2010

some stuff from this week

Skwee
Apr 29, 2010

たべる つくる
つくる たべる
たべる つくる
ふたり ドゥビドゥバ
Trying to learn proportions and stuff, I thought I had the proportions down enough to try and draw some people without drawing the entire mannequin thing first, but I'm not so sure now... I also haven't started trying to learn anatomy yet either so the people are kind of just mannequins

I always feel like the torso is too tall, or I place the boobs in the wrong place, even when drawing the "skeleton" guide on the left there.

neonnoodle
Mar 20, 2008

by exmarx

Found Sound posted:

some stuff from this week

HAIL ANTS

Edit: HAIL CORGI

neonnoodle fucked around with this message at 03:22 on Jan 26, 2015

JamieTheD
Nov 4, 2011

LPer, Reviewer, Mad Welshman

(Yes, that's a self portrait)

Tannin posted:

Commence wall of images:

Hokay, so let's do a bit of helpful critting, because you're making a few of the same mistakes I definitely made (And sometimes still make!) when I was learning and re-learning, and they're fairly simple to correct. Let's start with glasses. Look at that second and eighth pics, you'll notice the glasses are mostly hugging the face. Some glasses do that, it's true, but they have their own form for the most part, and more often than not, they don't curve nearly as much as the face does.

Your landscapes seem fine, and I love the smiling girl in the second pic, but then, in the ninth pic again, your smile isn't following the form of the face. The rest of it seems fine (Not quite sure about that outermost eyeline), but that smile distorts the whole face's structure, makes it look unnatural. You see similar things with the bald guy in pic eight (The head does curve at least a little at the top!) and the top two ladies in pic 13 (Again, the position and form of the mouth and cheekbones)

I'm loving the landscapes, however!

Aaand because I think it would be rude to crit without posting pics of my own, here's some basic sketches I've been fiddling with recently. The first was doodled in Krita earlier tonight, the other two from Photoshop earlier this month.

(As an aside, I'm loving Krita's technical pens and thick/thin markers!)

PicklePants
May 8, 2007
Woo!
Blah, blah. I was painting these for a while. I just need to shut up and post them instead of fiddling with them more.

Avshalom
Feb 14, 2012

by Lowtax

Doctor_Fruitbat posted:

Avshalom, how do you stay so productive?
I'm unemployed. :smith:

Humboldt Squid
Jan 21, 2006

Lumpy
Apr 26, 2002

La! La! La! Laaaa!

College Slice
Attempting to post more...

Here's that frog everyone paints because it's the first Google Image Result:

Tried using the smudge tool in Procreate on the iPad, and it was a good experience. Who knew trying new stuff could have positive results!

Drew a electronic music / DJ person from her promo shot in the weekly free newspaper with pencil. Luckily I did the face so bad you can't tell who it is enough to point out all the mistakes!

EatinCake
Oct 21, 2008
I've been doing a bunch of posters for shows my band plays in and trying to actually invest a little bit of time in them as of late.

These are fun because I'm more or less given complete freedom to whatever with them. Still haven't figured out a design to go nicely with the Bleeding Cowboy font. One day, I'll do the impossible there.

Avshalom
Feb 14, 2012

by Lowtax

Avshalom fucked around with this message at 04:10 on Jan 28, 2015

Humboldt Squid
Jan 21, 2006

Humboldt Squid
Jan 21, 2006

Ideas for next month?

Lumpy
Apr 26, 2002

La! La! La! Laaaa!

College Slice

Humboldt Squid posted:

Ideas for next month?

Things with wheels.

Propitious Jerk
Sep 13, 2010
I recently began doing freelance work so I'm brushing up on my digital painting skills. Most of the stuff I've done in the past few years has been quick pen and ink or pencil sketches so this is way outside my comfort zone.

These are the ones I've done in the past week, earliest to latest:

e: Average time for each of these was about four hours. A lot of experimenting with brush settings and transparencies and what-not. I'm getting quicker though!

Propitious Jerk fucked around with this message at 16:03 on Jan 28, 2015

Humboldt Squid
Jan 21, 2006

a ninja for @Pixel_dailies on twitter

Propitious Jerk
Sep 13, 2010

Humboldt Squid posted:

Ideas for next month?

Music or music inspired drawings: Listen to different tunes while drawing and see how it inspires.

Dance in perspective: Studies of people or objects in motion perhaps captured at odd angles.

A native/folk theme: Imagery from the folklore of the artist's home or where they grew up.

exquisite corpse: Collaborative drawing where one goon draws the head, another draws the torso and another draws the lower body (or some other combination: i.e. each artist draws the arm of a spider or the head of a hydra) or post ones done with friends.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

the bsd boys
Aug 8, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 395 days!
10 minute doodle. Pretty blah

• Locked thread