Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Avshalom
Feb 14, 2012

by Lowtax
Today's face, and some frogs! The guys at the end are part of a print I'm making, there'll be four of them eventually - they'll be coloured too, but I wanted to post at least one thing that was a bit froggy before the month is up, so you get the lineart instead.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Propitious Jerk
Sep 13, 2010
Totally missed that this thread was themed. To make up for it, here's a quick sketch I did during lunch:

Scathach
Apr 4, 2011

You know that thing where you sleep on your arm funny and when you wake up it's all numb? Yeah that's my whole world right now.

Okay, I did some stuff so here's a dump. The first one is a cover for my writing site. The second one started out as another one of those birds and turned into my shapeshifter protagonist. I finished all of these in the same day, the first one I'd had half done for months.

I also drew a nude of a good-looking trans friend of mine, but I'm not sure if nudes are allowed in this thread. If not, cool. If you guys don't mind seeing I'd love to post the pic. (Well drat then!)

Also, someone suggested I try Cloverpaint, so I bought it and haven't had a chance to use it yet. From poking at it, it seems pretty awesome.

Scathach fucked around with this message at 01:08 on Jan 30, 2015

felat
Apr 27, 2008

You're fine, it says NWS in the title so you don't even have to censor it.

Avshalom
Feb 14, 2012

by Lowtax

Colour!

Scathach
Apr 4, 2011

You know that thing where you sleep on your arm funny and when you wake up it's all numb? Yeah that's my whole world right now.

Really nice color-- pale without looking washed-out.

Propitious Jerk
Sep 13, 2010
Finally got around to finishing up my ghoul painting! I'm fairly pleased with the finished product overall and I feel like I'm getting closer to where I want to be with my commission work.

large hands
Jan 24, 2006
I managed to get this sexy friend of mine to pose for me nude. I hope you don't mind nudity in this thread, even though theres a nsfw warning in the thread title.

modedit: goatman with many PS filters

Somebody fucked around with this message at 05:24 on Jan 31, 2015

Humboldt Squid
Jan 21, 2006

I think goatman \tubgirl etc are the exception to that rule unless it's in Ukiyo-e or something.

Humboldt Squid
Jan 21, 2006

Anyway

fanart friday

Avshalom
Feb 14, 2012

by Lowtax

This concludes my month of daily faces. (It's the 31st in Australia.) You've all been really helpful and terrific and I think I've made a bit of progress, which is a great feeling! Thank you all so much. :h:

(Obviously I'll still be practicing, I just probably won't be churning out stuff quite this regularly.)

the bsd boys
Aug 8, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 395 days!
Just a cat.

the bsd boys fucked around with this message at 10:49 on Jan 31, 2015

Avshalom
Feb 14, 2012

by Lowtax
I'm uh, just going to delete this and pretend it didn't happen.

Avshalom fucked around with this message at 00:30 on Feb 1, 2015

the bsd boys
Aug 8, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 395 days!
forums poster josh lyman has a cat with many toes.

Humboldt Squid
Jan 21, 2006

I'm thinking of "motion" for next month. Y\N?

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice
How about emotion?

Pokeylope
Nov 12, 2010

Avshalom posted:

This concludes my month of daily faces. (It's the 31st in Australia.) You've all been really helpful and terrific and I think I've made a bit of progress, which is a great feeling! Thank you all so much. :h:

(Obviously I'll still be practicing, I just probably won't be churning out stuff quite this regularly.)

Congrats on sticking to your guns and posting every day, I'm impressed not just with your progress, but with your dedication.

Humboldt Squid posted:

I'm thinking of "motion" for next month. Y\N?

I like this idea, amphibians was a very specific theme. That's cool, I had a lot of fun with it, but a broader theme for next month would be a welcome change of pace.
I don't think anyone mentioned how fantastic your painting was by the way. It was awesome getting to watch it take shape, you even snuck a salamander in to make it fit the theme.

One last frog.

Humboldt Squid
Jan 21, 2006

Emotion seems like a good idea actually!

Pokeylope posted:

I don't think anyone mentioned how fantastic your painting was by the way. It was awesome getting to watch it take shape, you even snuck a salamander in to make it fit the theme.

Thank you! That piece was a pain in the butt but I learned a lot making it :)

New thread will be up in a couple hours.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Humboldt Squid
Jan 21, 2006

New thread is up!
http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3698264

• Locked thread