Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Endless Mike posted:

Preeeeeetty sure I have Generation X #1, X-Men Alpha and X-Men Omega around here...

Please stop threatening me...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer

Endless Mike posted:

Preeeeeetty sure I have Generation X #1, X-Men Alpha and X-Men Omega around here...
Ummmm those are Chromium covers, thank you.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

redbackground posted:

Ummmm those are Chromium covers, thank you.

Heh, I clicked reply to make this very post.

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

I believe in all the ways that they say you can lose your body
Fallen Rib
I require 3D covers to live. Luckily DC had me covered

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer
I don't have any good photoshops ready or anything, but Merry Christmas BSS! :coolspot: :chome: :cheerdoge: :flipoff:

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax
Merry Christmas~! :)

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

TwoPair posted:

Bugs growls from his mecha suit:

"Of course you know, this means war"

Mickey flies at Bugs with both fists out and narrows his eyes.

"C you real soon."

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

Man, what the gently caress 1960s?

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

That's a good cover

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Was mod a thing in America in the 1960s?

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

Wheat Loaf posted:

They sure tried.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Wheat Loaf posted:

It probably entered American slang with the British invasion. But in this context it's clearly just "a word I heard a teenager say."

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

You know what gently caress you Cynthia

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

My character revival pitch is in the mail, disco buddies.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

WickedHate posted:

They sure tried.

Jeez Malibu, enough with the racial slurs.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

I'm on a flight for the next 11 hours and they've got the latest Fantastic Four showing. Wish me luck.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

It's a good one.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
So I've sold about 70 Marvel digital codes now. Today I sell one, buyer pays and I email the code. About an hour later he emails back and says "How do I use this? I thought I was getting a digital copy of the comics?" I explained how it worked and linked him to the Marvel redemption site but seriously, why would you buy a code if you had no idea how to use them?

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

That movie was nowhere near as bad as i was led to believe. Other than shaky writing regarding character knowledge and transient motivations, it held together well.
Good Sue, great Johnny, an okay Reed, and easily the best Doom. It's just a shame Ben wasn't a character in it.

Jedi
Feb 27, 2002

Rhyno posted:

but seriously, why would you buy a code if you had no idea how to use them?

So you could ask someone how to use it and get a comic for far cheaper than it normally costs.

CzarChasm
Mar 14, 2009

I don't like it when you're watching me eat.

Rhyno posted:

So I've sold about 70 Marvel digital codes now. Today I sell one, buyer pays and I email the code. About an hour later he emails back and says "How do I use this? I thought I was getting a digital copy of the comics?" I explained how it worked and linked him to the Marvel redemption site but seriously, why would you buy a code if you had no idea how to use them?

1. People are really loving stupid (you probably know this already) and very often go to use technology they don't understand. Like, say, a self checkout
2. The guy probably just assumed it was either a link to a site with all the pages or a zip file of all the images
3. Worst case, this guy's out $1. That's usually worth a gamble.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Happy 93rd birthday to Stan Lee!

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Ghostlight posted:

That movie was nowhere near as bad as i was led to believe. Other than shaky writing regarding character knowledge and transient motivations, it held together well.
Good Sue, great Johnny, an okay Reed, and easily the best Doom. It's just a shame Ben wasn't a character in it.
It was pretty boring though

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

The 15 minutes or so from the accident to Reed escaping are good!

Teenage Fansub fucked around with this message at 08:48 on Dec 28, 2015

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax
I was really shocked with how bad it was, I had high hopes for it. As soon as the origin of "it's clobberin time" was leaked all my goodwill in it was instantly deflated. At least the X-Men movies are still good.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

bowmore posted:

It was pretty boring though
It was better than Avengers 2.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band
Speaking of disappointing movies...

That is a weak, sad little attempt at a mustache. :cripes:

Interesting that the Eye of Agamotto has been replaced by the window-pane design.

Also, not doing the right Ditko hand thing.

haitfais
Aug 7, 2005

I am offended by your ham, sir.

Ghostlight posted:

I suppose someone had to like it.

Zachack
Jun 1, 2000

prefect posted:

Also, not doing the right Ditko hand thing.

I think the various pics look fine if not exactly exciting but the lack of the gesture bothers me for reasons I can't explain.

Senor Candle
Nov 5, 2008

Zachack posted:

I think the various pics look fine if not exactly exciting but the lack of the gesture bothers me for reasons I can't explain.

It's just such a simple cool thing it's baffling as to why they wouldn't do it.

Flight Bisque
Feb 23, 2008

There is, surprisingly, always hope.

Senor Candle posted:

So that way when he does it in the movie it gets a bigger pop.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Senor Candle posted:

It's explained in the article linked above.

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

Because from the front it basically looks like he's throwing the demon horns, if you don't know anything about Dr. Strange.

Senor Candle
Nov 5, 2008

Rhyno posted:

It's explained in the article linked above.

I don't see an article linked! Is it the one in the magazine?

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Senor Candle posted:

I don't see an article linked! Is it the one in the magazine?

Ahaha I'm an idiot, it's in another thread. I'll find it.

DivineCoffeeBinge
Mar 3, 2011

Spider-Man's Amazing Construction Company
The relevant quote:

quote:

I’m still in the infancy of learning all that. It was like, okay, I’ve got to keep throwing these poses, these spells, these rune-casting things, everything he does physically. I’m thinking, there’s going to be a huge amount of speculation and intrigue over the positioning of that finger as opposed to it being there, or there. And I’m still working on that. We haven’t played any of those scenes yet. I felt really self-conscious. But, then, by the end, it was great. It’s like anything, you just have to experiment.

He's not doing Ditko hand gestures because he's still learning Ditko hand gestures. Also holy poo poo that may be the silliest thing to get irrationally angry about, I love it.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Yo Gavok, for some reason I had a dream where I asked you "If Marvel was going to retire Venom permanently and you got to write that story, how would you go about it" so I guess I'm going to ask it for real??????????????????

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

DivineCoffeeBinge posted:

The relevant quote:

He's not doing Ditko hand gestures because he's still learning Ditko hand gestures. Also holy poo poo that may be the silliest thing to get irrationally angry about, I love it.

I'm a shameful nerd; it's my right -- nay, my duty -- to get irrationally angry about silly poo poo. :colbert:

:D

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

prefect posted:

Speaking of disappointing movies...

That is a weak, sad little attempt at a mustache. :cripes:

Yeah,they should have dyed his mustache darker.

Travis343 posted:

Because from the front it basically looks like he's throwing the demon horns, if you don't know anything about Dr. Strange.

That's a reason to keep them in, not a reason to avoid them. Also,unless I'm misremembering the Ditko hands have the thumb extended

Air Skwirl fucked around with this message at 02:59 on Dec 29, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

Lurdiak posted:

Yo Gavok, for some reason I had a dream where I asked you "If Marvel was going to retire Venom permanently and you got to write that story, how would you go about it" so I guess I'm going to ask it for real??????????????????

Haven't fully thought this through, since I never thought about it before, but here's the gist off the top of my head:

Earth/reality is threatened by the Beyonder in some way because the genocide of his race has driven him mad. The main two heroes to try and stop him once all the other heroes are whittled down are Spider-Man and Venom. Venom is wounded/seemingly fried and Spider-Man realizes for the first time that it was Flash under the costume. He takes his own mask off to show him in his final moments that he's Peter Parker. He tells Flash that he should have told him this years ago.

With his eyes staring at nothing, Flash says out loud, "Hey. It's okay. I forgive you," and goes silent.

Spider-Man is the only one left and has to try and reason with the Beyonder. This isn't a fight he can win, so he tries using words and although it almost works, Beyonder is still too far gone and puts his hands around Spider-Man's neck. He monologues about how important it is that he personally snuffs out the best and purest this planet has to offer (or whatever), but Spider-Man's costume springs to life and attaches itself to the Beyonder. It's the Venom symbiote in disguise and in the form of webbed red and blue, it immediately bonds with the Beyonder and starts to cloud/overtake his mind. The two struggle and ultimately destroy each other because they're both in control of the Beyonder's energies.

In the aftermath, Spider-Man finds that Flash survived after all. Flash tells Spider-Man that before he passed out earlier, the symbiote mentally begged Flash for forgiveness because it planned to commit suicide in order to stop the Beyonder. That's what Flash was responding to earlier. It's basically my way to tie Eddie Brock into all of this.

Flash returns to Earth and gets some kind of happy ending, at the very least being trusted with Peter's secret.

• Locked thread