Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Matey
Mar 28, 2008

eat food

gvibes posted:

At least the Bruce Weber meltdown consoles me despite the state of the terrible Illini hoops program. He drove his best player off last year, and now is benching/complaining to the media about the two best players remaining.

He's an rear end in a top hat, and it's a pleasure to see him finally fail in the way he deserves to fail.

I really hope Marcus Foster comes alive soon in Big 12 play. And it would be nice if Weber could maybe teach his players how to play offense.

Matey fucked around with this message at 03:51 on Jan 6, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
The Aztecs are bad.

The loss to Fresno was the first loss to a division 1 school from California since a 2008 loss to Pacific

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice
I'm not entirely sure how to respond to this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jx6lcYsy6FE

Thoguh fucked around with this message at 04:18 on Jan 6, 2015

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

Every single year the Ivy League takes a break from fucking up the world through its various alumni to fuck up everyone's bracket instead.

Karl Hess posted:

“When I’m older, I want to sit in your seat and watch your Egyptian rear end ref a game.”

https://www.accsports.com/articles/karl-hess-finds-controversy-again

(By the way, the person he allegedly said this to is an Indian-American investment CEO and former Wake Forest trustee. Unless the story is overstated—Foochs?)

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

Thoguh posted:

I'm not entirely sure how to respond to this.

I hope this is the dance he does while recruiting.

Edit: I also need to edit that head bob at the end into an avatar.

gvibes
Jan 18, 2010

Leading us to the promised land (i.e., one tournament win in five years)
Welp, as if our tournament chances needed another punch in the nuts, Ray Rice broke his hand and is out for a while.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

gvibes posted:

Welp, as if our tournament chances needed another punch in the nuts, Ray Rice broke his hand and is out for a while.

Awww. I hate the Illini but I love Ray Rice. He was awesome at Drake and I was really happy when he got a chance a bigger school and was still successful. Pretty sure the Illinois fans here didn't want him too :mad:

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

elentar posted:

https://www.accsports.com/articles/karl-hess-finds-controversy-again

(By the way, the person he allegedly said this to is an Indian-American investment CEO and former Wake Forest trustee. Unless the story is overstated—Foochs?)

IDK if Hess actually said that but AFAIK Mit Shah is legit. Very little reason to doubt if any.

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

gvibes posted:

I don't even think the Illini can make the NIT now.

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice
News: First Gameday is headed to Ames on the 17th for the Kansas at Iowa State game.

Views:

Actually, I figured they'd go to the Texas/WVU game after we lost to South Carolina and WVU beat TCU.

Kewpuh
Oct 22, 2003

when i dip you dip we dip

Thoguh posted:

News: First Gameday is headed to Ames on the 17th for the Kansas at Iowa State game.

Views:

Actually, I figured they'd go to the Texas/WVU game after we lost to South Carolina and WVU beat TCU.

I think most people figured they would come to Louisville for the Duke game and Coach K's potential 1000th win but the streak of them never coming to Louisville continues instead

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

So people stop asking, the "Bi" in my username is a reference to my love for the two greatest collegiate sports programs in the world, the Virginia Tech Hokies and the Marshall Thundering Herd.

Thoguh posted:

Views:

e: we're at Texas so that's weird

BI NOW GAY LATER fucked around with this message at 00:44 on Jan 7, 2015

Elfforkusu
Jan 15, 2011

gvibes posted:

We are toast.

:negative:

I didn't really understand the pessimism after we lost to Michigan, thought we were seeing the first signs of becoming a cohesive basketball team. OSU was disappointing, but not unexpected.

Now we will be lucky to make the NIT. Fuuuuuuuuuuuuck this season!

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Everybody tune into CBS Sports next Wednesday to witness crimes against Basketball.

SDSU at Wyoming is going to feature the 3rd and 5th teams in the country in terms of points allowed, with Wyoming allowing 51 PPG and SDSU allowing 53 PPG.

It's at Laramie which loving sucks, and the final score is gonna be like 31-30

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice
Iowa State is in a terrible shooting slump the past few games, and the team is responding to it by getting away from the things that make them good. They are taking a shitload of contested shots instead of passing it out to somebody who has an open look, and taking way more low percentage mid-range jumpers and long twos than they usually do. I assume it is just a funk and the team will get out of it eventually. But right now Iowa State is not playing like a top 25 team. We're going to get destroyed in Morgantown on Saturday.

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

So people stop asking, the "Bi" in my username is a reference to my love for the two greatest collegiate sports programs in the world, the Virginia Tech Hokies and the Marshall Thundering Herd.

Thoguh posted:

Iowa State is in a terrible shooting slump the past few games, and the team is responding to it by getting away from the things that make them good. They are taking a shitload of contested shots instead of passing it out to somebody who has an open look, and taking way more low percentage mid-range jumpers and long twos than they usually do. I assume it is just a funk and the team will get out of it eventually. But right now Iowa State is not playing like a top 25 team. We're going to get destroyed in Morgantown on Saturday.

:pray:

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

Thoguh posted:

Not to mention the 50% free throw percentage the last couple games. They have shot below average the last two games in all categories. They got lucky they survived last night shooting that poorly.

I noticed a lot of long two's as well, when ISU is usually really good at only taking close two's, or go for the three. Niang also bricked a few wide-open threes, and he usually makes those. It's a guess which team shows up against WVU.

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

Meltathon posted:

Not to mention the 50% free throw percentage the last couple games. They have shot below average the last two games in all categories. They got lucky they survived last night shooting that poorly.

I noticed a lot of long two's as well, when ISU is usually really good at only taking close two's, or go for the three. Niang also bricked a few wide-open threes, and he usually makes those. It's a guess which team shows up against WVU.

The bigger thing against WVU isn't hitting open shots, its being able to handle a full court press for 40 minutes.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Can someone explain to me how Wyoming has such a high FG percentage and such a low points per game total?

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

ROSS MY SALAD posted:

Can someone explain to me how Wyoming has such a high FG percentage and such a low points per game total?

they play slow as gently caress

Basil Hayden
Oct 9, 2012

1921!

MourningView posted:

they play slow as gently caress
They are literally the second slowest team in the country.

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

BI NOW GAY LATER posted:

The bigger thing against WVU isn't hitting open shots, its being able to handle a full court press for 40 minutes.

I think Arkansas tried to do that, and it didn't turn out too well for them. WVU probably runs a better press though. I admit that I have watched almost no WVU basketball so far.

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

Meltathon posted:

I think Arkansas tried to do that, and it didn't turn out too well for them. WVU probably runs a better press though. I admit that I have watched almost no WVU basketball so far.

We lead the nation in steals and forced turnovers and have forced almost everyone we've played into their season high turnover number (I am working on a TV stat along those lines for Saturday); our opponents are averaging 22 turnovers a year.

gvibes
Jan 18, 2010

Elfforkusu posted:

We are toast.

:negative:

I didn't really understand the pessimism after we lost to Michigan, thought we were seeing the first signs of becoming a cohesive basketball team. OSU was disappointing, but not unexpected.

Now we will be lucky to make the NIT. Fuuuuuuuuuuuuck this season!
Yet the game against Maryland tonight is a pickem (kenpom has it as Marland -2).

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.

BI NOW GAY LATER posted:

We lead the nation in steals and forced turnovers and have forced almost everyone we've played into their season high turnover number (I am working on a TV stat along those lines for Saturday); our opponents are averaging 22 turnovers a year.

So WV is going to beat KU then.

Ah well, at least Texas has already dropped a game.

RumbleFish
Dec 20, 2007

I'm disappointed we couldn't extend our winning streak, but I'm not too down on the team for it. Florida is extremely talented and much better than their record indicates; throw in the fact we were coming off a huge, entirely unexpected win and you have a recipe for a letdown. We were leading at the half and remained competitive throughout -- and that was with our best player largely shelved with foul trouble. Still excited to see what this group can do in conference play.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Danny Manning owns, like a lot.

If this season/his recruiting is any indication I literally think Wake will be in the top half of the ACC within a few years. Also no one watched it but Devin Thomas loving destroyed Jahlil Okafor. It was amazing to watch.

Lessail
Apr 1, 2011

:cry::cry:
tell me how vgk aren't playing like shit again
p.s. help my grapes are so sour!
4 game losing streak to unr

Go away rice

Edit: sorry, only 3

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

Lessail posted:

4 game losing streak to unr

Go away rice

Edit: sorry, only 3

Just hire Bishop-Gorman's basketball coach too

Lessail
Apr 1, 2011

tell me how vgk aren't playing like shit again
p.s. help my grapes are so sour!

BI NOW GAY LATER posted:

Just hire Bishop-Gorman's basketball coach too

could be the better brother

gvibes
Jan 18, 2010

Illinois will be picking up our 37th silver medal in a few minutes when 2015 PF Carlton Bragg (RSCI 15) picks Kansas.

e: Malcolm Hill is pretty much the same age as Carlton Bragg. Makes u think.

gvibes fucked around with this message at 20:49 on Jan 8, 2015

torb main
Jul 28, 2004

SELL SELL SELL

gvibes posted:

Illinois will be picking up our 37th silver medal in a few minutes when 2015 PF Carlton Bragg (RSCI 15) picks Kansas.

e: Malcolm Hill is pretty much the same age as Carlton Bragg. Makes u think.

Winner winner chicken dinner. At least he didn't Cliff Alexander it

edit: lest we forget https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5qCYErpJTF8

americanzero4128
Jul 20, 2009
Grimey Drawer
Not surprised that he picked Kansas.

Kidd-Liggit
Sep 6, 2011

You mean I have to go to Philly?
haha poor guy was apparently so nervous he said Kentucky on accident.

gvibes
Jan 18, 2010

Alman posted:

Need to make this my av

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Alman posted:

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
if you are such a loving loser that you gather your friends together to watch a loving 18 year old's press conference you deserve to be viciously trolled.

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

Thanks twitter for this fun fact! :suicide:

Div I, Most Losses After Leading at the Half - Since 2010-11

Hofstra - 28
UC Davis - 26
Iowa - 25
South Carolina St.- 25
E. Washington - 25

Criminal Minded
Jan 4, 2005

Spring break forever

MourningView posted:

if you are such a loving loser that you gather your friends together to watch a loving 18 year old's press conference you deserve to be viciously trolled.

In principle I agree but in practice they're at the age where it's just another excuse to get drunk one way or the other

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Criminal Minded posted:

In principle I agree but in practice they're at the age where it's just another excuse to get drunk one way or the other

Nah, MV is right.

That gif is the Best Thing holy poo poo

• Locked thread