Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters

3D Megadoodoo posted:

OK this is off-topic but I think he probably would've preferred to have been properly compensated for his work back in the day to being "honored" in a kids' TV show.

That's not really the call of the writers. Or the producers. Or really anyone actually involved with making the show, basically.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

Captain Oblivious posted:

That's not really the call of the writers. Or the producers. Or really anyone actually involved with making the show, basically.

yeah but it certainly is enough for him to not want people to talk about the show to him at conventions

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters

flatluigi posted:

yeah but it certainly is enough for him to not want people to talk about the show to him at conventions

Sure. But it’s also fair for people to roll their eyes if that ill will extends to the people making the show.

Proper disambiguation of responsibility and all.

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice

Plastic Man #35 (1952)

Digimon Adventure: V-Tamer 01 (1998)

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!

Daktar posted:

Every morning Taskmaster wakes up and open-palm slams a VHS into the slot. It's Chronicles of Riddick and right then and there he starts doing the moves alongside the main character, Riddick.

I don’t feel like this post got enough love

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin
Frieren at the Funeral (which will be called Frieren: Life After Journey’s End when it hits the west) continues to be a delight (read right to left)

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Gacha gaming

Dareon
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin
https://twitter.com/poisonjams_/status/1392152675752419328?s=20

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Captain Oblivious posted:

Sure. But it’s also fair for people to roll their eyes if that ill will extends to the people making the show.

Proper disambiguation of responsibility and all.

I mean if they are using his ideas them it seems reasonable to extend that ill will towards the people making the show. Lord knows I don't hold it against any creator if they feel some ill will towards people making money by exploiting something they themselves were screwed on. I don't think it's wrong to work where you gotta work but that doesn't insulate you from ill will in those kinds of situations.

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice

Menace #4 (1953)

Mr. Monster Presents (Crack-A-Boom!) #1 (1997)

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

Spoilers for today's issue of Guardians of the Galaxy, but the context you need is that at the end something happens to Dr Doom, something awful:

(from Guardians of the Galaxy #14 (2021))

Uthor
Jul 9, 2006

Gummy Bear Heaven ... It's where I go when the world is too mean.
Doctor Nemesis' proposed R&D unit.

Way of X #1

Bucnasti
Aug 14, 2012

I'll Fetch My Sarcasm Robes
“Genomic adventuring” is that what we’re calling it these days?

DigitalRaven
Oct 9, 2012

Uthor posted:

Doctor Nemesis' proposed R&D unit.

Way of X #1

I'd approve it just for the footnote, to be honest. Describing Sinister's work as "dreary eugenics" is pretty legit.

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice

The Thing! #10 (1953)

Green Goblin #8 (1996)

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer
Heroes Reborn is a story where like, half of Marvel history suddenly gets hosed up... but look none of that is important, what's important here is that Peter Parker is basically Jimmy Olsen in the new world and is "the unluckiest man alive" as Superman Hyperion calls him. Case in point:

Heroes Reborn #2

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice

House of Mystery #31 (1954)

Zorro #1 (1994)
The art error in this is driving me crazy.

Dareon
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin

Darthemed posted:

Zorro #1 (1994)
The art error in this is driving me crazy.
If you're talking about the Z, that's no error. The blood imprint is both mirrored and upside down.

E: although he does have neither crack nor butthole, but that's an acceptable suspension of reality for that joke for me.

Dareon fucked around with this message at 21:01 on May 14, 2021

Thaddius the Large
Jul 5, 2006

It's in the five-hole!

Dareon posted:

If you're talking about the Z, that's no error. The blood imprint is both mirrored and upside down.

E: although he does have neither crack nor butthole, but that's an acceptable suspension of reality for that joke for me.

Pretty sure you’re wrong? The way he’s reaching, with his left hand to his butt, the bottom of the Z is going horizontally across his fingers and should intersect and cut up (down across his palm), with the intersecting angle next to the thumb; as drawn, however, the second panel has the intersecting angle on the finger slash over by the pinkie.

BooDooBoo
Jul 14, 2005

That makes no sense to me at all.

https://fi.somethingawful.com/images/gangtags/severancemdr.gif

Thaddius the Large posted:

Pretty sure you’re wrong? The way he’s reaching, with his left hand to his butt, the bottom of the Z is going horizontally across his fingers and should intersect and cut up (down across his palm), with the intersecting angle next to the thumb; as drawn, however, the second panel has the intersecting angle on the finger slash over by the pinkie.

Yeah, it's flipped on the wrong side, but I think it may be more artistic license than an error.

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice

Panic #1 (1954)

Kobalt #7 (1994)

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

KOBALT TOTALLY ROCKS rear end!!

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice

Journey into Mystery #35 (1956)

Weird Fantasy #3 (1993)

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice

Superboy #72 (1959)
Rebello had a cause.

Hardware #8 (1993)

TheCenturion
May 3, 2013
HI I LIKE TO GIVE ADVICE ON RELATIONSHIPS
You know, ever since I saw Pulp Fiction, I can't see any panel of Nightcrawler teleporting without hearing Samuel L. Jackson say 'bad rear end motherfucker.'

Libra
Jan 5, 2011

Darthemed posted:

Weird Fantasy #3 (1993)

Which one is Henry?

How Wonderful!
Jul 18, 2006

I only have excellent ideas
Both, actually, in a startling EC twist.

Edit: I misread that, they're both Goon Children. Who knows which one is Henry.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Libra posted:

Which one is Henry?

Henry's the one you see when the monitor is on.

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

3D Megadoodoo posted:

Henry's the one you see when the monitor is on.

Ah, so it’s this guy.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

XFactor #9

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

keyboard ⌨️​ :clint: cowboy

I recently finally finished reading all the X of Swords stuff in order plus catching up on the other titles and yeah, I barely know anything about Shatterstar and that made me laugh out loud.

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

FFT posted:

I barely know anything about Shatterstar and that made me laugh out loud.

That's from Peter David's X-Factor (#259), where a very old (and forgotten) plot point that Dazzler and Longshot were Shatterstar's parents comes back in that Shatterstar was thrown at one point in the past and Arize made a clone of him, which was Longshot.

It makes sense in context!

Zombie Dachshund
Feb 26, 2016

Saoshyant posted:

That's from Peter David's X-Factor (#259), where a very old (and forgotten) plot point that Dazzler and Longshot were Shatterstar's parents comes back in that Shatterstar was thrown at one point in the past and Arize made a clone of him, which was Longshot.

Man, get involved with that kind of genetic fuckery and you’ll end up having a kid with eight fingers or something

Android Blues
Nov 22, 2008

The instant you complete that time loop you end up with literally infinite potential for genetic mutation, yeah. An ouroborous of altered genes, infinitely vast, Tetsuoing into space. Maybe Mojo has mutation-preventing antenatal technology, though!

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

you can't have a mutant kid because your kid is already yourself and you're identical to you.

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice

Fantastic Four #58 (1967)

War of the Gods #4 (1991)

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Android Blues posted:

The instant you complete that time loop you end up with literally infinite potential for genetic mutation, yeah. An ouroborous of altered genes, infinitely vast, Tetsuoing into space. Maybe Mojo has mutation-preventing antenatal technology, though!

Time loops are an essential part of the average X-Man's reproduction cycle.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Saoshyant posted:

It makes sense in context!

Doesn't that make him his own grandpa? Not father?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

darthbob88
Oct 13, 2011

YOSPOS

Alhazred posted:

Time loops are an essential part of the average X-Man's reproduction cycle.

There is a theory that there is only one electron in the universe, traveling backwards and forwards through time. On the same lines, it is possible that there is only one X-Man, Scott Summers.