Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

Honestly SM 2 is a pretty bad game outside of the webslinging. The webslinging is like one of the most solid and fun traversal mechanics in a game, probably ever, and one of the single best adaptations of a superhero's powers, so that more than makes up for its faults.

Hulk UD is probably better overall, but that has some pretty rotten missions and bosses too. Whenever either game actually makes you fight a powerful enemy one on one they instantly start sucking. Hulk has really great open world combat, though, using a hulkbuster robot as a loving springboard never gets old.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

Johnny Thunder seems like a cool dude

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

I'm not a big fan of Gillen necessarily, though I do think he's done some real quality stuff, but I bought Phonogram for like $3 'cause it was on sale and it is one of the most insufferable goddamn things I have ever read, holy poo poo. It just makes me want to punch a thing, preferrably his face.

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

Duke Igthorn posted:

God drat I HATE that "rubbing the back of your head" thing. Mainly because EVERY artist does it now but I've never, EVER seen a person actually do that in real life. And I've met, like, at least 12. It's just so stiff and unnatural and obviously "posey"

If you know of the site Giant Bomb, editor Brad Shoemaker does this literally every time he's on camera.

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

IUG posted:

I'll give you that on page 3 the first 3 panels are redundant as hell. But that was a fun story regardless.

Yeah, I see what he means, but I also think it's pretty pedantic. Adventure Time comics are really good regardless.

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

bobkatt013 posted:

Its an ongoing as its replacing Wolverine and the X-men.

I thought it was an ongoing in that it's like a team-up book so a few issues down the line it will be "someone else and the X-Men"

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

Gaz-L posted:

...OK, like, I can understand if you think the writer was being dumb, but, in-story, how is Kitty wrong for making that argument?

Because equating a fake comic book superhero slur with an actual real racist slur is kind of tasteless? But yeah I don't see how that should necessarily reflect negatively on Kitty as a character.

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

Gaz-L posted:

I don't think YOSPOS is possessed by an ancient Norse squirrel-trickster demon.

...or IS it? :tinfoil:

Wait is Ratatoskr the antagonist in the new Squirrel Girl comic? If so that's kind of brilliant

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

I feel I should be reading this book

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

Hilarious. That Ennis, what a corker!

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

I have never slapped a knee harder!

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

Skywalker Super Stories

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

Hearing people describe the ridiculousness of silver age stories is always more fun than actually reading them