Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ElNarez
Nov 4, 2009

mind the walrus posted:

The rough linework from either the inker or the colorist just makes these.

Walsh does his own inks, and that's pretty much his style. If you want more of all of that, including the M.O.D.O.K., the most recent volume of Secret Avengers he did with Ales Kot is exactly that, but weird. It's great.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ElNarez
Nov 4, 2009

zoux posted:

Whoa. Two Jons.

That's Good Chum Of A Harvey Award Winner Matt Fraction you're talking about.

ElNarez
Nov 4, 2009
hey, have some panels from Captain America: Sam Wilson #1, by Acuņa and Spencer.

FIRST: Sam is on a plane to Arizona. People get talking.

SECOND: Not working for S.H.I.E.L.D. anymore, Sam sets up a hotline so people can directly contact him. These are the calls he gets.

ElNarez
Nov 4, 2009
Constantine: The Hellblazer #6 was fun as all hell.

ElNarez
Nov 4, 2009

ImpAtom posted:

The joke with the art is the best part of this.

Michael Walsh is a really great artist.

ElNarez
Nov 4, 2009

Onmi posted:

Also him not understanding a thing Lex said is also hilarious.

Lex's lovely Mandarin is a highlight too.

ElNarez
Nov 4, 2009

Skwirl posted:

I don't have that, but I have Maria Hill being incredibly angry at him.

I think All New X-Men by Bendis, but I don't remember the issue.

The Bachalo art says it's Uncanny, not All-New.

ElNarez
Nov 4, 2009

Push El Burrito posted:

Though I mainly watched JLU for Flash.

That's from the most recent Martian Manhunter solo by Rob Williams and I wanna say Eddy Barrows did some of it? It's really great and the concepts it deals in are very alien in a really cool way.

ElNarez
Nov 4, 2009

CzarChasm posted:

I've heard that they are supposed to kill off Batman after DK Metal finishes and keep him off the table for about a year. But I have yet to find a source for this rumor, so huge grain of salt.

I'm fairly sure Tom King has already put that ball in the air way back in Batman #5. You could say it's the Psycho Pirate-induced paranoia talking, but, I'm thiking this is gonna have a payoff.

ElNarez
Nov 4, 2009

Toshimo posted:

FWIW, Kate Bishop is a menace.

She stole Pizza Dog.

Who does that?

Boomerang arrow.

It comes back in the end.

ElNarez
Nov 4, 2009

Infinitum posted:

Real talk, why isn't Darkseid murdering that kid?

it's a baby trade

it's a thing they do on Apokolips

ElNarez
Nov 4, 2009
From Justice League Dark #3: Kirk makes a discovery that will change the fate of the Justice League Dark forever

ElNarez
Nov 4, 2009
oh if we're gonna talk about American Kaiju we're gonna need to get the origin story of American Kaiju, from New Avengers Vol.4 #9 (Also yeah his first name is Todd, it's important)

ElNarez
Nov 4, 2009
hey can we take a sec to appreciate Quinones putting a signature in every single one of those 90s throwback pages for maximum verisimilitude?

ElNarez
Nov 4, 2009

Evil Mastermind posted:

Given his stance on "darkness" in comics, I imagine Grant's not too happy about how the only way anyone's using the cool multiverse he was asked to build for DC is for the grimdark crap and to kill off the worlds he created.

Morrison co-wrote Dark Knights Rising: The Wild Hunt, which is basically showing how Metal fits with every other bit of the Morrison take on the DC Multiverse. You're reading a lot into what's essentially taking the piss. There's also a panel of full-on Bendis ping-pong dialogue.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ElNarez
Nov 4, 2009

Nilbop posted:

You heard about it on Scott Pilgrim lady, just like all the rest of us.

if you want hard proof that Joe Quinones is operating on a higher level, he referenced the pose and the blocking from the original panel