Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Keeshhound
Jan 14, 2010

Mad Duck Swagger
I think I could read an entire series of the Sinister Six shooting the poo poo with occasional cutaway gags to whatever Mysterio's disguising them as. :allears:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Keeshhound
Jan 14, 2010

Mad Duck Swagger
Laziness.

Keeshhound
Jan 14, 2010

Mad Duck Swagger
I like the idea that it's all in their heads, and since she didn't tell the blind lantern about it, he'll just never have an issue with it.

Keeshhound
Jan 14, 2010

Mad Duck Swagger

theflyingorc posted:

The idea of it being in their heads didn't show up until like 20 years later.

Man, has it really been that loving long? I really just meant in a serendipitous sense though; like just by random coincidence, the lantern who inducted him being lazy and irresponsible wound up saving him from having to deal with a boatload of "I can't do anything to yellow stuff!" bullshit.

Keeshhound
Jan 14, 2010

Mad Duck Swagger

That Ignorant Sap posted:

No idea on the source.

I wanna seem more superdads now. :allears:

Keeshhound
Jan 14, 2010

Mad Duck Swagger
Roddy Piper.

Keeshhound
Jan 14, 2010

Mad Duck Swagger

Sizone posted:

e: maybe they gutted the machines and repurposed them as coffins. I guess that's pretty badass too, but not as badass as having a working COSMIC BALL table.

Vampires are monsters.

Keeshhound
Jan 14, 2010

Mad Duck Swagger

dordreff posted:

Captain Marvel saying 'rear end' is somehow hosed up beyond belief.

Any of them saying it, really.

Keeshhound
Jan 14, 2010

Mad Duck Swagger
7 billion people in the world, 320 million in the USA, and Superman outing Batman's secret identity only gets twenty-five million reposts?

Keeshhound
Jan 14, 2010

Mad Duck Swagger

Uthor posted:

That only says 2.5 million.

Wait a minute!

Yeah, I got tripped up by that for a second when I was writing that comment.

Keeshhound
Jan 14, 2010

Mad Duck Swagger

Senor Candle posted:

7 billion people don't all have Twitter accounts. Also I'm pretty sure that's fairly quickly after it got posted.

Google says 974 million twitter accounts right now, but yeah, I'm just being facetious. I'm mostly curious about the context, because right now it looks like the kind of thing you'd find on the old Superdickery site.

Keeshhound
Jan 14, 2010

Mad Duck Swagger

bobkatt013 posted:

Batman was unhappy with Superman killing Joker and starting to take over the earth.

So I decided to look for that issue, and google points me to this:

:cawg: It's just so loving petty.

This is it. This is Superman (metaphorically) taking his ball and going home. :allears:

Keeshhound
Jan 14, 2010

Mad Duck Swagger

Gaz-L posted:

And if I remember, this was Cyborg's answer to Batman taking down the JLA Watchtower's comm system to stop them broadcasting it. Setting up a Twitter for Superman.

Wait, so you're telling me that Superman didn't have a twitter account prior to this, and Lex Luthor hadn't jumped on every possible variation of his name to troll him?

Keeshhound
Jan 14, 2010

Mad Duck Swagger
I always have to laugh at the idea of a civilization that can create autonomous robotic servants, but lacks the ability to genetically/chemically/surgically correct for morbid obesity.

Keeshhound
Jan 14, 2010

Mad Duck Swagger

Wheat Loaf posted:

was then transferred into the body of one his various Jedi apprentices who I'm pretty sure is meant to be like half his age)

Wait, what? So Luke effectively murders his apprentice so his robo-girlfriend could have a body? :stare:

Johnny Aztec posted:

I think the idea is that this is several generations later. Gen A made the robots, so Gen B didn't have to do as much, and got lazier, Gen C was even worse, etc etc.
Why learn or make effort, when the robots do it for you? These are just giant man-infants at this point.

It's still kind of silly. I mean, if you took away the need to work now, people wouldn't stop being active; the stereotype might be that the US is made up of nothing but lazy fatasses, but people are still trying to be active; sports are still one of the most popular ways for people to pass the time with friends, and a lot of people would jump at the chance to replace their 8 hours behind a desk with 8 hours of light exercise if given the opportunity.

Keeshhound
Jan 14, 2010

Mad Duck Swagger
Or just asked her what the murderer looked like and then left her in protective custody at the local precinct for the five minutes it'd take for him to find the perpetrator.

Keeshhound
Jan 14, 2010

Mad Duck Swagger

zoux posted:

I mean how many pages and pages of arguments do we have in this forum about who Superman is or isn't as a character and how he's supposed to be this idealized version of humanity and in the entire Silver Age he was basically a huge rear end in a top hat and everyone is like "YES YES MORE MORE".

You know, you could probably trace Silver Age Superman back to the old trickster god myths

Keeshhound
Jan 14, 2010

Mad Duck Swagger
I'm torn between "I take what books I want" and "I am a murder gun." :allears:

Keeshhound
Jan 14, 2010

Mad Duck Swagger

Wheat Loaf posted:

Fun fact: lightsabre-knees there was one of Emperor Palpatine's menagerie of illegitimate children.

Someone had sex with Palpatine? :gonk:

Keeshhound
Jan 14, 2010

Mad Duck Swagger
I can visualize Cable hunched over doing needlepoint in his off time.

Keeshhound
Jan 14, 2010

Mad Duck Swagger
Wait, was he seriously advocating that we leave lead in gasoline? :magical:

Keeshhound
Jan 14, 2010

Mad Duck Swagger
"Then smother the fire with flour or salt, never water." :psyduck:

Keeshhound fucked around with this message at 15:33 on Aug 30, 2015

Keeshhound
Jan 14, 2010

Mad Duck Swagger

muscles like this? posted:

It says that for grease fires.

Yeah, and as has been shown, flour is still a fantastically bad idea for that. What you want to use for a kitchen fire is salt or baking powder.

goatface posted:

It might work if the flour was densely enough packed, flour in a cloud is a lot more dangerous than flour in a clump.

I'm almost tempted to try it out and see what happens. I don't think I know anybody with the PPE though, none of the chemists I know work with kabooms.

It would probably work fine 99/100 times. But that 100th time? DON'T loving DO IT.

Captain Bravo posted:

For those who may not be getting it, this is what happens when someone strikes a match inside a flour mill:

Keeshhound fucked around with this message at 16:30 on Aug 30, 2015

Keeshhound
Jan 14, 2010

Mad Duck Swagger
So I looked up "flour explosion" and got this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iIkk0D2tUU8

That's two loving bags of packed flour taped to what looks like a model rocket engine. I'd like to revise my earlier assessment to "DON'T loving DO IT."

Keeshhound fucked around with this message at 16:32 on Aug 30, 2015

Keeshhound
Jan 14, 2010

Mad Duck Swagger

The licensing would be a pain in the rear end, but I would be %100 behind a "league of this year's pop culture icons" series that updated it's cast yearly.

Keeshhound fucked around with this message at 20:57 on Sep 2, 2015

Keeshhound
Jan 14, 2010

Mad Duck Swagger

Cangelosi posted:

Batman's Shameful Secret › Post Funny Panels and/or Scott Summers' Nipples

Jean, you died. It's in the goddamned vows, let it go.

Keeshhound
Jan 14, 2010

Mad Duck Swagger

Ghostlight posted:

A depressingly realistic look into our future.

I really want to know that vampire's story.

Where did he come from? How did he lose his legs? Why did he decide to staple himself to a dolly?

These questions will likely never be answered. :smith:

Keeshhound
Jan 14, 2010

Mad Duck Swagger
That doesn't actually rule out "squatting in an abandoned mansion living off taquitos."

Keeshhound
Jan 14, 2010

Mad Duck Swagger

Nessus posted:

Yeah, exactly, that just makes it a lifestyle choice.

It's also now a character I expect him to have Dib encounter during some madcap scheme to expose Zim in the future.

"Greetings, boy, and welcome to my humble abode. I, am the Muffin King!!!

"...Those are Taquitos."

"OF COURSE THEY'RE TAQUITOS! What kind of mad fool would sit on a pile of muffins!? Guards? Take him to the muffin chambers, and let him sit there to think in silent solitude on the nature of his idiocy."

Keeshhound
Jan 14, 2010

Mad Duck Swagger

John Dyne posted:

The ape in the shirt is Pete, a demon bound to Jack after he beat Lo Pan, who he got clothed at a truck stop.

I really wish you hadn't told me that, because I think I liked it better without context.

Keeshhound
Jan 14, 2010

Mad Duck Swagger

muscles like this? posted:

and oddly enough Honolulu

Wait, what?

What did Hawaii ever do to the Nazis?

Keeshhound
Jan 14, 2010

Mad Duck Swagger
Maybe by per capita? It's got a population of less than 2 million people now, so I have trouble believing it meaningfully impacted the size of the army back in the 40s.

Keeshhound
Jan 14, 2010

Mad Duck Swagger

SilverSupernova posted:

Be honest, we'd all fall for something like that.

"But why would they... I mean, it's so obvious, it has to be a trap, right? Unless... that's what they want me to think... or is it that they want me to think that it's more complicated than it really is... but what else could it do... GAH! I MUST KNOW!" *walks into cage*

Keeshhound
Jan 14, 2010

Mad Duck Swagger
They both require being able to do something so fast that someone moving faster than you can see not realize what you're doing and compensate, but I'll at least grant that coating the ground in teflon is a little more plausible from the perspective of "maybe he wouldn't realize what was happening."

Keeshhound
Jan 14, 2010

Mad Duck Swagger

DigitalRaven posted:

Marvel Adventures: Spider Man #35

Venom wants to become a hero (well, a Lethal Protector), so Spider-Man agrees to take him on as a sidekick for one night. What follows is one part Lethal Protector parody, one part 60s Batman, and it is glorious.

There's something adorable about Venom trying to be good-ish. :allears:

Keeshhound
Jan 14, 2010

Mad Duck Swagger
Still adorable.

Oh god, how did I miss "I'll do it! I'll horn him!" the first time I read that? :pervert:

Keeshhound fucked around with this message at 15:56 on Oct 10, 2015

Keeshhound
Jan 14, 2010

Mad Duck Swagger
Probably would've lead to a better future in the long run.

Keeshhound
Jan 14, 2010

Mad Duck Swagger

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

I wonder how vindicated Hill felt when it was revealed Hank was blowing up planets with the Illuminati.

I can't help but suspect that she's reached the point where she'd really rather be wrong, but knows she's right, and the existential despair that comes with that knowledge devours any positive feelings she might otherwise derive from the situation.

Keeshhound
Jan 14, 2010

Mad Duck Swagger

BravestOfTheLamps posted:

Not even MRAs are going to pretend that they're Prez Rickard fans.

Also old Prez Rickard is a character.

Someone post that cover where he's getting attacked by the half vampire strapped to a skateboard.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Keeshhound
Jan 14, 2010

Mad Duck Swagger

Cangelosi posted:

I'm also sure that Black Adam figured out how to change it back, which is sad, because the idea that him shouting CHOCOLATE EGG CREAM before he transforms has quite a bit of comedy potential

They really should have had at least one issue of him having to use it before it inevitably gets changed back.