Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

the aristocrats!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

prefect posted:

I don't think he's actually done anything on the comic strip for decades. They farm that poo poo out to a staff of underlings. All of it, the art, the writing, everything.

Garfield without garfield, or with silent garfield, is reliably hilarious. Just one depressed nerd, going insane.

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

what do the machine guns represent

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

ImpAtom posted:

Bruce Wayne is used to undressing in a dark room with another man and leaving before either of them see one another's face, it's okay.

hooooooo

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

Jerusalem posted:

I loved the Busiek run :allears:

Who is the smelly guy in the middle

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

CityMidnightJunky posted:

Yeah, I've heard it a few times where Americans think it's not that bad in the UK, and I have no idea where this comes from. I guess it can be used between friends, but you have to be really careful of the context. Like you said, it's one of the only words that can get a reaction out of someone, and if you call a stranger, a work colleague, or even a friend a oval office without establishing that it's OK, you'll be in a shitload of trouble.

it can be a synonym for 'guy' in certain contexts in nz, UK and Australia, but I'd not advise a non native speaker to use it, since the other meaning is 'loving rear end in a top hat'.

imo it's not an insult for a woman specifically though, that seems more American.

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

Those tiny tiny ankles, though.

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

that's hilariously messed up

though now I want to read the help wanted ad that led to that position being filled

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

Endless Mike posted:

Defenders #9

I’m sure the cops are supposed to be people but I’m not sure who

Idgi

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

Lurdiak posted:

At least Mr. A hates centrists as much as I do.

I'm gonna send this to the next rear end in a top hat who brings up horseshoe theory on twitter. :v:

The trouble with agreeing with Mr A is that you're agreeing with Mr A

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

Synthbuttrange posted:

altered cabron

:golfclap:

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

is that a tongue

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

site posted:

Pretty cool that me the trans person is being lectured to about what is and is not transphobic

It is cool like a delicious drink of milk

E: full of glass splinters i guess

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

site posted:

look when the same people who regularly show out in threads with "yeah thats racist" and "yeah thats deffo sexist" and join in on running out the occasional internet alt-righter and then tell me im just seeing the transphobia but not the joke, or that transitioning made me a humorless, joyless person, or that im a piece of poo poo because i dared call it transphobic you think im not gonna remember and side-eye?

Excel is best, that way you can use crosstabs

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

mind the walrus posted:

Dowling in Planetary was pretty badly described tbh. To my recollection the series gave us the following:

• He emits a foul odor
  • Him and Kim (the Sue-alike) had weird insect babies
  • John Steele, the Nick Fury/Bond guy, said that Dowling stretches and anyone around him *is* him including all of them. It's really vague.

I really dug Planetary too, but Dowling was easily the biggest blunder of the entire series. It felt like there was a lot more there before Ellis and Cassady stretched things out half a decade longer than planned. They lost the trail and the last few issues has a strange air of obligation to them.

Yeah, he was supposed to be a professor x style knows everything guy, but then they didn't do anything with him.

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

Random Stranger posted:

I was at a comic con where they had the guy who played the Thing in Corman's film walking around in costume (presumably this was still when they figured they might be able to send it out direct-to-video or something). I regret not getting a picture with him.

That would be a good av

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

Kicking goon best goon

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

Push El Burrito posted:

I will defend Pete's Queens accent to the death.

That was a funny scene in the Civil War movie.

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

What the poo poo is going on with her boooobs

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

Oh ffs.

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

That owns

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

thatbastardken posted:

the true power of spider-man is converting even his old nemesis into an ally.

FAPPO

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

JacquelineDempsey posted:

Soooo, gonna guess whoever came up with that name never consulted with anyone who speaks Spanish.

Mancha is the Spanish word for "stain"; "Don Quixote de La Mancha" translates as "Sir Quixote of The Stain". There is a legit region in Spain called La Mancha, but Cervantes is using it as a pun. It's like if I came from a town called Skidmark, NY, then went around calling myself "Queen Jackie of The Skidmark" ---- he's claiming royalty over something repulsive.

I guess it makes the funny panel even funnier, though, because dude is so stoked. "HE'S a Mancha, I'M a Mancha!" You own that stain-ness, Vic, good on you.

Huh, idkt

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

Zodiac5000 posted:

Please tell me this is two sasquatches discovering love in the arctic or something. This is a great single panel.

It would be a great av

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

Thats a p ok comic bit

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

no love for MAN-KILLER?

not the heroine we want, (if we are a man) but perhaps... the heroine we need...

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

goatface posted:

The placement of her crotch symbol is troubling.

it flips up to reveal her vagina-gun

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

Pulverize me khaleesi

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

I don't understand what happens in that strip

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

Teenage Fansub posted:

"My greatest enema" has me thinking this is someone pretending to be a bot.

Could be a person picking good lines from a bots output

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

howe_sam posted:

Good advice Pete. The entire sequence of Gwen and Pete fighting Swarm in Spider-Gwen: Ghost Spider 10 is pretty good.

I love this thread but i really, really hate that font, idk if that's a popular opinion.

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

Cleretic posted:

Michael Jackson as Star-Lord also completely misses what worked about Chris Pratt's casting. He was an actor for comedies that happened to have some unexplored chops elsewhere, which brought a lot in making GotG much lighter than everything around it. Pratt only really became a 'serious' get after stuff like GotG gave him some credibility for that kind of star.

Transplant that into the 80s, and you'd probably want... Eddie Murphy, maybe? Any of the Ghostbusters? I know in the nineties it's absolutely a Will Smith role.

Bill murray

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

MikeJF posted:

Aussie: I have never heard 'spunk' used to refer to a person who is attractive. It's always just meant jizz.

it meant hottie in the 80s in new zealand

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

Ah, Mr Kävelijä*

*kummitukselle, joka kävelee

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

I liked it when they brought back best at blow jobs guy for a whole storyline

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

muscles like this! posted:

It is able to make a guy who uses taxidermy to turn dead people into clothing hilarious.

Walks sombrely through house in response to this post

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

Google oglaf heterogeneous

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

Uthor posted:

That why Black Racer uses skis.

I am beginning to think that comics are a little silly.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

Bruceski posted:

"Let's suppose I'm right and make judgements without examining that" is a heck of an approach. That's usually how you DISprove something, by arriving ad a contradiction.

Let's assume this guy killed an entire resthome, just stabbed them all, right in the face, just for the sake of the argument: