Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Elfface
Nov 14, 2010

Da-na-na-na-na-na-na
IRON JONAH
Heh, just looking at Bruce's face you can tell what word he was going to say before Alfred cuts him off.

Well, it's that or "For your information..."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Elfface
Nov 14, 2010

Da-na-na-na-na-na-na
IRON JONAH

It's unrelated to homages, but my favourite part of that cover is that the beast either paused in it's rampage to tie up Mr Fantastic, or he's tied up in the street for unrelated reasons.

Elfface
Nov 14, 2010

Da-na-na-na-na-na-na
IRON JONAH
I thought when Absorbing Man tried to absorb Mjolnir he was paralysed until it wore off, on account of not being worthy...

Elfface
Nov 14, 2010

Da-na-na-na-na-na-na
IRON JONAH
Well, what with tailored search results, it might not be on everyone's front page. One guy might get the comic book page as their top result, another might get dozens of hits for their watersports fetish and an unrelated Reed Richards.

Elfface
Nov 14, 2010

Da-na-na-na-na-na-na
IRON JONAH
Same reason she needs the invisible plane, maybe? Magic armour wings might give her a boost.

Elfface
Nov 14, 2010

Da-na-na-na-na-na-na
IRON JONAH
Wasn't the whole point that it was really ambiguous what happened? Like, maybe Batman killed him, maybe he just dragged him away?

Elfface
Nov 14, 2010

Da-na-na-na-na-na-na
IRON JONAH
Considering in the Spidey Super Stories universe, if a wall comes to life and walks closer on a baseball field, play continues with a new much closer boundary, it wouldn't surprise me if anyone who gets out of the president's limo is president by default.

Elfface
Nov 14, 2010

Da-na-na-na-na-na-na
IRON JONAH
Who's the woman in the blue cape, and is she suppose to have Reed Richards' neck?

I mean, she's got his hair already, so...

Elfface
Nov 14, 2010

Da-na-na-na-na-na-na
IRON JONAH

I love that three of them find ways to name-drop themselves as part of their speech, but then we get around to "I'm Tinyman!"

Elfface
Nov 14, 2010

Da-na-na-na-na-na-na
IRON JONAH
Why, in a super high-tech lab, are the signs bronze plaques?

And even if he likes the bronze plaque look, why are they mounted on wooden stakes?

Elfface
Nov 14, 2010

Da-na-na-na-na-na-na
IRON JONAH
But... Jimmy Olsen already works with Clark Kent! Why would people freak out about 'Clark Kent' being written on his hand?

Elfface
Nov 14, 2010

Da-na-na-na-na-na-na
IRON JONAH
I'm starting to think Superman's Secret Identity is actually some kind of Rumplestiltskin situation. Like, it's completely impenetrable until someone says aloud "Clark Kent is Superman" and then it all falls apart.

Elfface
Nov 14, 2010

Da-na-na-na-na-na-na
IRON JONAH
Yeah, but the iPhone shorts out if you hold it left-handed without a case.

Elfface
Nov 14, 2010

Da-na-na-na-na-na-na
IRON JONAH

Phylodox posted:

I imagine Cable always reeks of rancid Fruit Roll-Ups Hostess Fruit Pies and stale Dunkaroos from all the snacks he's forgotten about putting in those pouches.

FTFY.

Elfface
Nov 14, 2010

Da-na-na-na-na-na-na
IRON JONAH
Hey, if the terrible webcomics thread has taught me anything, it's that being transformed into a woman is a recipe for hijinks, with no long-term consequences when it's eventually reversed.

Elfface
Nov 14, 2010

Da-na-na-na-na-na-na
IRON JONAH
Shapeshifting when you're not limited by biology is a pretty top-tier superpower.

I guess Plas doesn't have any way of getting out of the sun if Supes throws him into it though. It wouldn't kill him, he'd just be stuck.

Elfface
Nov 14, 2010

Da-na-na-na-na-na-na
IRON JONAH
I thought that was Storm? Or did she just beat up Cyclops while powerless?

Elfface
Nov 14, 2010

Da-na-na-na-na-na-na
IRON JONAH
Nah, Deadpool switched the 'Mens Room' sign for 'Dr. Bruch Banner' last week and forgot. Banner had been working out of a bathroom for a while, but didn't want to make a fuss.

Elfface
Nov 14, 2010

Da-na-na-na-na-na-na
IRON JONAH
So... I know they probably mean 9/11 but without a slash or hyphen or something, it seems like the firefighters are ignoring an emergency call for their own reasons.

Elfface
Nov 14, 2010

Da-na-na-na-na-na-na
IRON JONAH
Maybe it's a mutant squirrel with a healing factor?

Elfface
Nov 14, 2010

Da-na-na-na-na-na-na
IRON JONAH
Batman just looks kind of disappointed. Maybe he was expecting something more...

Elfface
Nov 14, 2010

Da-na-na-na-na-na-na
IRON JONAH

MikeJF posted:

Please tell me this is in the middle of an entirely different issue and Sabretooth is nowhere else in the book.

I'm pretty certain this is exactly correct.

flosofl posted:

That time it was Crossbones. He ends up dumping him in a hot air balloon in Central Park and cutting it loose. Later issue, Crossbones is still woozy (and still in the hot air balloon) and thinks he's hallucinating as Deadpool zips by riding in Phil Coulson't vintage Corvette air-car.

The best Crossbones-Balloon is the payoff a few issues later

Elfface
Nov 14, 2010

Da-na-na-na-na-na-na
IRON JONAH
Not only is Spidey hilariously incompetent, so is Ant Man. Punch someone four times before actually seeing who they are.

Elfface
Nov 14, 2010

Da-na-na-na-na-na-na
IRON JONAH
Peter's secret identity being kinda boring is long established.

Elfface
Nov 14, 2010

Da-na-na-na-na-na-na
IRON JONAH

Babe Magnet posted:

didn't his molecules get spread out into the ocean at one point and he had to reassemble himself or something? he's not immortal like, hard to kill, he straight up plays by Majin Buu rules

I could be remembering, as I've not read the original just heard it mentioned, but I think the justice League were sent back in time, but with the caveat that if any of them died they'd just be sent back to the present.

Plas gets disintegrated, and they just assume he's back in the present. Then when everyone else dies, they wonder where Plas is...

Which is when they realise being disintegrated didn't kill him and he's been dissolved in the ocean for a thousand years or so.

Elfface
Nov 14, 2010

Da-na-na-na-na-na-na
IRON JONAH
Her real name is Gwen Poole. She's probably not a Gwen Stacey.

Elfface
Nov 14, 2010

Da-na-na-na-na-na-na
IRON JONAH
Regarding comic books and executions

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r6avH3_8FYQ

Elfface
Nov 14, 2010

Da-na-na-na-na-na-na
IRON JONAH
Howard the Duck vol. 6, number 6

A few pages ago, Squirrel girl convinced Kraven the Hunter to do something a little more heroic. He will now be the hunter of hunters!

Elfface
Nov 14, 2010

Da-na-na-na-na-na-na
IRON JONAH
Flintstones is a dark comedy, and in a way part of it's effect is that everyone knows The Flintstones as the cheesy canned-laughter-in-a-cartoon banality.

It's that comment on the pony-holocaust photoshop only not terrible.

Have some more. (Sorry for the hotlink, but imgur doesn;t seem to want them and it's pretty much already on an image hoster)

It's pretty good at background jokes too.

Plato's Cave is my favourite.

Elfface
Nov 14, 2010

Da-na-na-na-na-na-na
IRON JONAH
Here, have PBF do the same basic joke much better.

http://pbfcomics.com/275/

Elfface
Nov 14, 2010

Da-na-na-na-na-na-na
IRON JONAH
I'm phoneposting, so someone else can post panels of Kitty Pryde using her Jewishness and Mutantness to drop n-bombs.

Elfface
Nov 14, 2010

Da-na-na-na-na-na-na
IRON JONAH
The word 'know' is missing. and possibly 'it'.

The location is left as an exercise for the reader.

Or, to explain completely, the idea is that in the 'Real Ghostbusters' world, the Ghostbusters are out and about doing their thing, and then Bill Murray et. al make a movie about them.

Elfface
Nov 14, 2010

Da-na-na-na-na-na-na
IRON JONAH
Tiara and civilian clothes just makes me think of Wonderella.

Elfface
Nov 14, 2010

Da-na-na-na-na-na-na
IRON JONAH
That's just a ranking of raw lifting capacity, right? Not actually a 'best at stuff' ranking.

Elfface
Nov 14, 2010

Da-na-na-na-na-na-na
IRON JONAH

Evil Mastermind posted:

Hal Jordan: Greatest of the Green Lantern Corps.

Fappo!

Elfface
Nov 14, 2010

Da-na-na-na-na-na-na
IRON JONAH

Say Nothing posted:

Basically nudist Tigra?

Classic Flehmen response.

Elfface
Nov 14, 2010

Da-na-na-na-na-na-na
IRON JONAH
Pretend I put the dialogue from that cuck comic in there. Fresh memes etc.

Elfface
Nov 14, 2010

Da-na-na-na-na-na-na
IRON JONAH
I think it means you're reading the scene exactly as intended, considering that's Wolverine being comforted by her boyfriend, while her healing factor goes to work on most of her bones.

Elfface
Nov 14, 2010

Da-na-na-na-na-na-na
IRON JONAH
The secret origin of the Absorbing Man Kill Crew?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Elfface
Nov 14, 2010

Da-na-na-na-na-na-na
IRON JONAH