Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bucnasti
Aug 14, 2012

I'll Fetch My Sarcasm Robes

SilverSupernova posted:

So did the Spider Buggy exist as a living character before, or did they just look at his last name and thought "gently caress it. We're making a pun out of this."

I believe spider buggy is the secret crime fighting identity of Speed Buggy.

What I need to know is, does spiderverse include Italian Spiderman?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bucnasti
Aug 14, 2012

The Unbeatable Squirrel Girl #1

Bucnasti
Aug 14, 2012

Dr. MonkeyThunder posted:

Considering their history I'm surprised "Never team up with the Punisher,

or Deadpool" didn't make the list.

Then again, I don't think I've ever read anything with both Moon Knight and Spider Man

I'd like to think that secretly Spidey enjoys his time with Deadpool.

Bucnasti
Aug 14, 2012

An R-Rating is the first step. Now if they can make it without Deadpool constantly taking off his mask and showing Ryan Reynolds un-horrifically-scarred face it might actually be good.

Bucnasti
Aug 14, 2012

Majuju posted:

He can use them to see magic and things outside the visible spectrum and poo poo, which is kinda cool.

And apparently when he gets older he'll be able to see EVERYTHING and SHOOT IT.

Bucnasti
Aug 14, 2012

He also makes me think of this poor schlep.

Bucnasti
Aug 14, 2012

He sees through the tips of his fingers, which seems like it would make a lot of things awkward.

Bucnasti
Aug 14, 2012

SilverSupernova posted:

I'm too terrified to ask what that means.
Anyway...

Runaways 3

Does Valeria have multiple personalities?

Bucnasti
Aug 14, 2012

prefect posted:

Bill and Ted's Excellent Adventure came out in 1989. :colbert:

Yeah Bill and Ted's was so 80's it hurt. What the 90's team needs is Link from Encino Man.

Bucnasti
Aug 14, 2012

Nessus posted:

I think Guy and Hal were tied for potential but Hal was right there and Guy was over in Baltimore, so the ring went to Hal.

Wasn't Guy also a pretty normal upstanding person until life poo poo on him in several ways?

Bucnasti
Aug 14, 2012

Ultimate Fantastic 4, one of the first issues.

Bucnasti
Aug 14, 2012

TwoPair posted:

Wonder Woman Annual: Wonder Woman has just revealed herself to the world so naturally ol' paranoid Batman's on a stakeout to make sure she's not a threat.

World's Greatest Detective

I like the follow up bit.

While holding the lasso of truth Superman introduces himself as Clark Kent, while holding the lasso Batman introduces himself as Batman.

Bucnasti
Aug 14, 2012

Scaramouche posted:

You know, early Blue Devil wasn't great, but it was Good Enough.

Blue Devil was my favorite comic as a kid. I have an entire collection of the first series. The whole technology and supernatural thing was kinda new at the time.

Bucnasti
Aug 14, 2012

Monster of Earth - Read Right to Left.

Bucnasti
Aug 14, 2012

Darthemed posted:

Taskmaster #3 (2011)

The M.I.L.F. ?

Bucnasti fucked around with this message at 06:17 on Sep 1, 2020

Bucnasti
Aug 14, 2012

I think this panel is even funnier on it's own and out of context.

Bucnasti
Aug 14, 2012

In not a single one of those panels does it look like Alfred is actually pointing the gun at the burglar.

Bucnasti
Aug 14, 2012

Push El Burrito posted:

Doom having framed headshots of himself all over is pretty on brand.

But it's a really awful headshot, his entire face is in the lower-left of the frame.

Bucnasti
Aug 14, 2012

Infinitum posted:

So apparently Dr Strange is appearing in Spider-man 3, and all I want is this scene played out on screen

Doctor Strange 390 is one of my all time favorite issues. I pray that the on screen relationship between Strange and Peter is as good.

Bucnasti
Aug 14, 2012

Nilbop posted:

Sorry, who's this?

Three guys from Detroit, duh.

Bucnasti
Aug 14, 2012

Isn’t it established that in every universe except 616 Reed turns into a villain?

Bucnasti
Aug 14, 2012

Doctor Strange #18 is basically just 20 pages of Steven rampaging through some people's home wrecking their poo poo and being an absolute rear end.

Bucnasti
Aug 14, 2012

Darthemed posted:

Superboy #52 (1956)

One of my favorite thing in older comics is the little arrows guiding you through the panels.

Bucnasti
Aug 14, 2012

I thought he was going to say he would become The Milkman.

Bucnasti
Aug 14, 2012

don't forget Hit Monkey

Bucnasti
Aug 14, 2012

MikeJF posted:

Okay he's definitely just tracing John Krasinski

And sticking a beard on at slightly different angle.

Bucnasti
Aug 14, 2012

Darthemed posted:

Spider-Geddon #0 (2018)

Is 1048 the Sony Video Game earth?

Bucnasti
Aug 14, 2012

Imma have to check out Spidergeddon on MU.

Also I nominate More Giant Gnomes for new thread title.

Bucnasti
Aug 14, 2012

TwoPair posted:

Revenge of the Cosmic Ghost Rider #3: The Punisher has died.

It's rough when your life is such a bummer that the devil recommends eternity in Hell as the more pleasant option.

I love it when they portray Mephtiso as just a guy who's job happens to be running hell.

Bucnasti
Aug 14, 2012

This gets posted a lot. It's from the end of the original Armor Wars (Iron Man 222-231) and it's chock full of weird 80s nonsense.

In between busting up armored hero's and villians, Tony attends lots of Hollywood parties with random name drops and caricatures of irrelevant 80's celebrities.

This guy is obviously supposed to be somebody specific but I have no idea who.

Don Johnson, Michael J Fox, but I'm not sure who the third guy is supposed to be.

It's important to remember that 18 year olds don't cry.

It's also important to remind everyone that Tony's not getting AIDS.

Bucnasti fucked around with this message at 18:55 on Dec 30, 2020

Bucnasti
Aug 14, 2012

ManiacClown posted:

That's Larry Hagman, who played J.R. Ewing on Dallas, hence the "dream" bit.

You're right, it's gotta be Hagman, if you google image search him the top results are all him wearing cowboy hats with silly bands.

The guy next to Michael J Fox, must be somebody that was on the cover of People around 1987. Pierce Brosnan Maybe?

Bucnasti
Aug 14, 2012

But wasn’t AFOB a Legion of Super Heroes character?

Bucnasti
Aug 14, 2012

Red Bones posted:

Cable is absolutely an Everyday Carry guy with a reddit account littered with wide-angle photographs of tables covered in dumb sci fi guns. And the knife kept up by his neck! And the little fringe of hand grenades on his giant pauldron! I don´t even hate it, you can tell the artist was having a great time piling on all this stuff.

I like the string of artillery shells on his left shoulder, despite all his guns having square barrels so they couldn't use them.

Leifeld gets a lot of crap but, but he obviously enjoyed drawing all that stuff.

Bucnasti
Aug 14, 2012

SimonChris posted:

G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero #10 (1982)

Snake-Eyes really doesn't like apples, I guess.

I remember reading this as a kid and wondering why Snake Eyes hated apples.
Those early GI Joe comics were way weird.

Bucnasti
Aug 14, 2012

Infinitum posted:

One Piece - Chapter 1001

I’m guessing I need to have read the first 1000 chapters for this to make sense.

Bucnasti
Aug 14, 2012

Elsa Bloodstone droppin truth bombs.

Bucnasti
Aug 14, 2012

Rocket Raccoon #3
Rocket is stranded on Earth and is being hunted by Kraven. Lots of fun banter but the best part is Kraven's A-Team van with a bitchin mural of himself on the side.

Bucnasti
Aug 14, 2012

ManiacClown posted:

I believe you're thinking of a halftone pattern.

Old comics used Ben-day dots.

Bucnasti
Aug 14, 2012

GPTribefan posted:

He was already second banana in the book to a Brooklyn cab driver turned sidekick named Doiby Dickles, then a woman sidekick named Harlequin, and then his book got turned into All Star Western out of nowhere.

The Golden Age was wild - books changed concepts and titles on a whim. My all time favorite was Moon Girl. Started out as a fantasy title Moon Girl and the Prince for one issue, then suddenly changed to Moon Girl for 5 issues because superheroes sold better, then suddenly changed to Moon Girl Fights Crime! for 3 issues because crime comics were the rage. But romance comics sold even better, so it changed YET AGAIN to A Moon, A Girl... Romance! But it STILL wasn’t done because EC saw that horror comics were the big money seller, so it became Weird Fantasy with issue 13. 5 title and genre changes in 13 issues!!!

I don't know about DC and EC comics, but for Marvel (or whatever they were called back then) they were only allowed a certain number of books at a time. Which is why so many Marvel characters didn't have their own titles until like the 70s.

Honestly after trying to run down entire series for recent comics, I'd rather get a few issues of Streak the Wonder Dog instead of them constantly ending a book after 14 issues only to start it again 6 months later with a new number 1 which I then have to track down.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bucnasti
Aug 14, 2012

SimonChris posted:

Superboy #136 (1967)

Caninecentipede