Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Vulpes Vulpes
Apr 28, 2013

"...for you, it is all over...!"
Not so much funny as it is sad if you live in Canada, I guess.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vulpes Vulpes
Apr 28, 2013

Guided by the ghosts of Elvis Presley and Wyatt Earp, helicopter pilot RJ McReady, mysterious criminal Snake Plissken, everyman Jack Burton and rough-around-the-edges Detective Gabriel "Gabe" Cash join forces on the trail of the villainous Stuntman Mike and the stolen Pork Chop Express, its only cargo a mysterious frozen case marked with the words "TODD 3465."

I wish LOEG: Infinite Kurt Russells existed.

Vulpes Vulpes fucked around with this message at 14:32 on Sep 3, 2015

Vulpes Vulpes
Apr 28, 2013

palamedes posted:

But who is following them in the black SUV with ASS2ASS license plates? Why are an unemployed steelworker and a garbageman working for a pimp? And is the soldier from McReady's cold past a friend or a foe?

And what brought Plissken out of hiding under his alias of Captain Ron Rico?

Vulpes Vulpes
Apr 28, 2013

Looks like not only did Trump get his campaign slogan from that Spider-Man comic I wrote, but also his gimmick of "crypto-fascist super-villain president."

Sorry, America :(

Vulpes Vulpes fucked around with this message at 01:33 on Dec 16, 2015

Vulpes Vulpes
Apr 28, 2013

Found on tumblr, no idea the issue.

Vulpes Vulpes
Apr 28, 2013

Have MODOK and Arnim Zola ever teamed up as two dudes with serious face proportion problems?

Vulpes Vulpes
Apr 28, 2013

Ygolonac posted:

And then they embark on a quest to Drink Canada Dry.
?????

?????

Vulpes Vulpes
Apr 28, 2013

The deadly secret of the Annihilation Wave of Earth-138:

The (dumb) joke I am most proud of ever from Edge of Spider-Geddon #1.

Vulpes Vulpes
Apr 28, 2013

I did!

Vulpes Vulpes
Apr 28, 2013

No guns, but you don't need them when you're a real ace face.

Vulpes Vulpes
Apr 28, 2013

Hell yeah, Nightwatch! I always liked the exceptionally weird redesign Ron Wimberly did of him.

Vulpes Vulpes
Apr 28, 2013

ecavalli posted:

What's this from?

She-Hulk #6.

Vulpes Vulpes
Apr 28, 2013

Wow, I didn't know Paul Grist did anything for Marvel/DC.

Vulpes Vulpes
Apr 28, 2013

The idea that Logan wants so hard for his holiday identity to work while also putting zero effort into it is one of my favourite superhero comics running jokes.

Vulpes Vulpes
Apr 28, 2013

Chinston Wurchill posted:

Found on Twitter but it looks like something from He-Man?

The five tails on the word balloon is perfect.

Vulpes Vulpes
Apr 28, 2013

Is it the Shroud?

Vulpes Vulpes
Apr 28, 2013

Darthemed posted:

Bullseye: Perfect Game #2 (2011)
Had to track this down and read it, if only for Baseball Taskmaster, and kind of adore this weird little 2-issue mini. It's so smug.

Vulpes Vulpes
Apr 28, 2013

I don't think I've read any other Huston, how is his Moon Knight?

Vulpes Vulpes
Apr 28, 2013

How Wonderful! posted:

In Simonson's run he had a few new looks. One which was really striking was I guess his "casual" outfit.

drat, that's a great look.

Vulpes Vulpes
Apr 28, 2013

Felicia's henchman, Bruno, also used it when they broke into the F4's place in Black Cat #5.

Vulpes Vulpes
Apr 28, 2013

Saoshyant posted:

I was enjoying this book, but haven't seen it show up in the last few months. I guess it got canceled? Last issue I got is #12 and has a "to be continued" at the end.

Relaunch with a new #1 December 16th. Starting with a 3-issue King in Black arc, then back to the Black Cat main plot business with #4.

Vulpes Vulpes
Apr 28, 2013

They weren't real concerned with balancing the stakes in the different stories back in the Strange Tales days, it would appear.

Vulpes Vulpes
Apr 28, 2013

Pastry of the Year posted:

I am no-poo poo legitimately fond of this character and that costume and the "Aqueduct" rename/redesign was a travesty.

Hobgoblin sold the name and costume to someone new, the outfit is back in circulation.

Vulpes Vulpes
Apr 28, 2013

Darthemed posted:

Marvel Spotlight #11 (1973)

I am now obsessed with Jennifer Glatzer, blasé Satanist.

Vulpes Vulpes
Apr 28, 2013

I've always thought that Vincent Price was the original Doctor Strange- Mid-Atlantic accent, oily weirdo.

Vulpes Vulpes
Apr 28, 2013

Is Kev Walker the regular artist on Savage Avengers?

Vulpes Vulpes
Apr 28, 2013

TwoPair posted:

Speaking of Taskmaster, check out his bold new policy from #3 of his current series

Punisher #226

Vulpes Vulpes
Apr 28, 2013

It's 2002. I am reading the Something Awful forums on my friend's account, where the Udon Taskmaster suit is being praised. It's 2021. I am reading opinions on my comic book, Taskmaster. Skulls rule.

Vulpes Vulpes
Apr 28, 2013

Taskmaster is just uninterested in a career that doesn't involve wearing a skull on his head.

Vulpes Vulpes
Apr 28, 2013

The whole "somewhere in America there is a town that is also a terrorist rogue state" thing in GI Joe is just such a perfect idea, I love it.

Vulpes Vulpes
Apr 28, 2013

I was going through Classic Joe a while back and took some panels, mostly focusing on my man Sebastian Bludd.

I like to imagine that Bludd probably is a fine poet, but he's also an rear end in a top hat so this is what he leads with:

The Ballad of Bludd and Cobra Commander:

Bludd continuing to rule:

Absolute chad Sebastien Bludd drives theatre kid Zartan to tears:

Bonus: The Real American Heroes:

Vulpes Vulpes
Apr 28, 2013

Don Rosa was at the last show I went to pre-covid and I'm still kicking myself that I forgot to bring some of my 80s Gladstone duck comics from childhood for him to sign.

Vulpes Vulpes
Apr 28, 2013

Darthemed posted:

Superman #17 (1942)

Web of Spider-Man #11 (2010)

It blew my mind when I realized that was early Pepe Larraz.

Vulpes Vulpes
Apr 28, 2013

This is the version of the Red Circle/Mighty Crusaders I always remember- through the 90s we always traded around beat up Archie Double-Digests and these ads were probably the most interesting thing in them (as it turns out, this iteration of the Crusaders never actually made it to the page)

Vulpes Vulpes
Apr 28, 2013

Bats is the absolute best.

Vulpes Vulpes
Apr 28, 2013

Yeah, that's Doug Braithwaite on Eurohit (Punisher V2. #64-71), I love that poo poo.

https://twitter.com/jedmackay/status/1159999124542021637?s=20

Vulpes Vulpes
Apr 28, 2013

drat Diablo wtf

FF #524 I think

Vulpes Vulpes
Apr 28, 2013

I cannot stop laughing at this crabby Strange from Secret Wars, I love it so much

Vulpes Vulpes
Apr 28, 2013

I was reading through my old InQuest magazines from the 90s that I thought had been long thrown out, and every letters page had pen pals listings with ages and addresses along the bottom of the page, it was extremely weird.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vulpes Vulpes
Apr 28, 2013

Uthor posted:

X-Treme X-Men #12

I'm reading this issue as part of a crossover and the recap makes me wanna go back and read the rest of the series.

It's sadly overlooked that Dazzler used to run an interdimensional Xavier-hunting death squad