Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zombie Dachshund
Feb 26, 2016

Metalshark posted:

The Star Trek/X-Men crossover issue is fun.

Coincidentally, I've been reading the Claremont X-men lately. It gets off to a pretty slow start, but then out of nowhere, this terrific Star Trek parody:

And then, a few pages later, Claremont and Dave Cockrum make an appearance in their own comic book. Plus a goofy running gag about the X-Men's aircraft blowing up. Not what I was expecting...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zombie Dachshund
Feb 26, 2016

Why does Krypto sound like the Swedish Chef now?

Zombie Dachshund
Feb 26, 2016

Bolded Asgardian? LOKI NOOOOO

Zombie Dachshund
Feb 26, 2016

It's not hilarious-funny, but I found this sequence charming:

(next page shows that popcorn dude shared with Spidey, of course)

Zombie Dachshund
Feb 26, 2016

JoeGlassJAw posted:

Scenes like this are probably my favorite depictions of Spidey. Instead of people reacting "OH MY GOD it's a superhero!!!," the "friendly neighborhood" Spider-Man works so well when instead it's "hey Spider-Man walking down the wall of my building, want some popcorn?" Having random citizens' interactions with Spidey be less alien and more colloquial is really charming.

100% agreed! There’s a reason it is your Friendly Neighborhood Spider-Man and not Friendly Neighborhood Thor.

Zombie Dachshund
Feb 26, 2016

Trolling Doom is pretty great. But so is stern babysitter Doom (which, I guess, is also a way to troll Reed):

Zombie Dachshund
Feb 26, 2016

Endless Mike posted:

Lois Lane #10

Superman may know his etymology, but I bet Lois knows the difference between e.g. and i.e.

Zombie Dachshund
Feb 26, 2016

Yond Cassius posted:

Breaks are three hours long on Saturdays.

Might be nice to not have to do any sort of cooking, cleaning, errands, or other chores, though.

Zombie Dachshund
Feb 26, 2016

Woebin posted:

That seems to be one Jessica Campbell, though? Also isn't Jess' hair naturally black?

I'll admit I've mostly seen her in the Netflix series though, so I'm not the scholar here.

I’m no scholar either, but changing her name and dyeing her hair seem absolutely on-brand for JJ

Zombie Dachshund
Feb 26, 2016

SimonChris posted:

Asterix in Switzerland.

I was so dissapointed when I grew up and learned that real orgies are nothing like this.

Man, when I was about six or seven years old, a kid told me about orgies, and the way he described them was exactly like this, complete with the whippings for dropping bread in the fondue. I’ve spent my entire adult life wondering where on earth he got that idea... and now I know.

Zombie Dachshund
Feb 26, 2016

TwoPair posted:

also Gwenpool Holiday Special

He's the best at what he does. And what he does is get beat up by the second best Hawkeye.

Zombie Dachshund
Feb 26, 2016

It doesn't read as a reference to me either.

But I think we can all agree that any excuse to post more Nextwave is a good one!

Zombie Dachshund
Feb 26, 2016

Saoshyant posted:

That's from Peter David's X-Factor (#259), where a very old (and forgotten) plot point that Dazzler and Longshot were Shatterstar's parents comes back in that Shatterstar was thrown at one point in the past and Arize made a clone of him, which was Longshot.

Man, get involved with that kind of genetic fuckery and you’ll end up having a kid with eight fingers or something

Zombie Dachshund
Feb 26, 2016

thetoughestbean posted:

I’m the Emily Dickinson of sexting. I never send my sexts. They’ll be found in my drawer after I die

all my sexts can be sung to the tune of “The Yellow Rose of Texas”

Zombie Dachshund
Feb 26, 2016

What’s the date of this comic? I’m genuinely a little shocked to see Jen Walters offering a beer to a recovering alcoholic.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zombie Dachshund
Feb 26, 2016

2004 is well into the characterization of her struggle with alcohol, right? Seems like the writer or editor should have caught that.