Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

InsertPotPun
Apr 16, 2018

Pissy Bitch stan

Doc Hawkins posted:

This conversation has helped me realize Superman is just a sci-fi reboot of Tarzan.
So is Wonder Woman. By all rights Batman should have become the best butler EVER (or been actually raised by bats).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

InsertPotPun
Apr 16, 2018

Pissy Bitch stan
Who is the gigantic cloaked Batman?

InsertPotPun
Apr 16, 2018

Pissy Bitch stan

davidspackage posted:

I can't imagine Batman going "haha!".

Maybe hrmhrm.
Read Batman as Patrick Warburton
He totally killed the Joker.

InsertPotPun
Apr 16, 2018

Pissy Bitch stan

Unkempt posted:

We don't really have a 'what the gently caress panels' thread so I guess this goes here
Little Nemo's Adventures in intellectual Property Law.

InsertPotPun
Apr 16, 2018

Pissy Bitch stan

Teenage Fansub posted:

From this week's Batman.

Batman, master of stealth, jumping up and posing on 50 bags of chips.

InsertPotPun
Apr 16, 2018

Pissy Bitch stan

prefect posted:

Reed Richards should not be depicted as having a sense of humor. :colbert:
In the Marvel universe you either find Spider-Man super loving annoying or an inspiration and I'm ok with Richards being a better person when he's around.

And everyone around them absolutely hating it.

InsertPotPun
Apr 16, 2018

Pissy Bitch stan

Ghostlight posted:

Since initially Spider-Man quipped to hide how scared he was I posit that there is no mute Spider-Man because they never develop the confidence to become full-time superheroes.
the scary one trained by wolverine whose spider-sense can sense when you're thinking bad thoughts about him doesn't say much

InsertPotPun
Apr 16, 2018

Pissy Bitch stan

hiddenriverninja posted:

What is happening here?
batman learns to listen to his mom

InsertPotPun
Apr 16, 2018

Pissy Bitch stan

Tin Can Hit Man posted:

This is why people gamble with getting powers. Even if you're a C-list superhero/villain, the odds of you surviving -- or even coming back from the dead -- increase a thousandfold.

Nameless construction worker who got snuffed in the latest Crisis ain't even gonna be mourned.
yeah but we don't know that, maybe that stuff all happens to randos too but we just don't see it

that's why there's so many all powerful wizards and gods all hanging about but they never interfere, they're all busy contriving all the ways random bystanders all "miraculously" come back to life.

like how all the people who returned in danger in Endgame were all saved by the magical heroes off screen (it doesn't take all of strange's concentration to create a tornado)

InsertPotPun
Apr 16, 2018

Pissy Bitch stan
I know they're not human because every human knows that if someone asks you if you're a human you say "YES"!

InsertPotPun
Apr 16, 2018

Pissy Bitch stan

Lurdiak posted:

Duckula was a Danger Mouse villain who inexplicably got his own show in the 90s.
watch the show, there's nothing inexplicable about it :colbert:

InsertPotPun
Apr 16, 2018

Pissy Bitch stan

Lurdiak posted:

I have watched every show.
than you know it was charming and adorable. :colbert:

InsertPotPun
Apr 16, 2018

Pissy Bitch stan

Tin Can Hit Man posted:

I'm pretty sure that Mephisto didn't wipe anyone's memories, he just got everyone to humor Peter forever.
like, the bad guys pretend clark kent isn't superman so that they can do crimes when he's working. I just assume they're doing the same thing with spider-man. yeah, they know peter parker and all that, but they're also happy that when he's nervously trying to get his costume out of the washer without anyone else in the laundromat seeing it he's not punching them in the face or adding "y" to the end of their name while punching them in the face.

honestly the smarter ones just need to hire a hot woman to talk to peter at a party for 20 minutes. world is going to poo poo because doc ock invented a machine that destroys velcro and every rear end in a top hat on earth's wallet just fell open and parker is trying to wipe his sweaty palms without firing his webs or spill his punch on himself.

he just fired his webs into his punch.

he's thinking about drinking it anyway because now it's awkward.

InsertPotPun
Apr 16, 2018

Pissy Bitch stan

Toshimo posted:

Unavailable... in America???
must be far from home

InsertPotPun
Apr 16, 2018

Pissy Bitch stan
that crossover with knight rider was the worst

InsertPotPun
Apr 16, 2018

Pissy Bitch stan

Nessus posted:

If you want to get double reverse mindfuck about it, have Clark seem really calm about the entire thing as it unravels, being gentle to the greatest extent he can with the paranoid cases behind it, and when one of them finally calls him on why, he says, with a certain weary warmth, "Do you think this is the first time?"
they break into the fortress of solitude and superman is in there eating hostess pies. he's been sending his robot supermen to take care of all the minor stuff and supes only really shows up for meetings and supervillains.

InsertPotPun
Apr 16, 2018

Pissy Bitch stan

Red posted:

“Superman, how can you ignore the world’s problems?”
“How can you ignore the tasty filling of Hostess Cream Pies? Mmm mmm! They’re super!”
"I'm not ignoring them, I'm sending robots. Now hurry Flash: you have to marry a gorilla in ten minutes or the world will end!"

InsertPotPun
Apr 16, 2018

Pissy Bitch stan

Wanderer posted:

I always liked the story about the time the Goon and friends were the members of a newly-founded local football team, specifically because it was the least goofy issue of the series.
it really wasn't. they get far more depressing.

InsertPotPun
Apr 16, 2018

Pissy Bitch stan
spider-man has, like, 8 other super identities. he'd scab as one of them and feel really really anxious about it the whole time until he finally quit.

InsertPotPun
Apr 16, 2018

Pissy Bitch stan

TwoPair posted:

History has proven in 3 separate bad Fantastic Four movies that stretchy powers do not look good in real life but I guess Marvel's gonna hope that they nail it this next time!

e: I guess Elongated Man on CW Flash looks alright but that's one of the few times the TV budget helps since they don't try to use him that much and don't end up flying too close to the sun.
"into the spiderverse" introduced the perfect solution: cartoon fantastic four mixed with live action heroes. just have a full cartoon opening of the four being heroes and they have to come to the cinematic universe for some reason or another, draw them in a bright, cartoony style and have them be really light, cartoony characters just this side of "corny" and bingo bongo.
I mean half the movies are cgi anyway, why not?

Grendels Dad posted:

To me it looks like Shocker was kind of just going wherever minding his own business and Ms. Marvel instantly goes DRAGONBALL STAND-OFF SHOUTING MATCH on him.
Shocker never minds his own god drat business.

InsertPotPun
Apr 16, 2018

Pissy Bitch stan

mind the walrus posted:

That reveal is too good to waste on The Shocker
not really, because everyone will immediately forget except him.
i like the idea that everyone just kind of breaks shockers stuff and tells him to gently caress off. they don't bother to arrest him any more. god drat superior foes was so good.

in the spider-man game i liked the little note on the torn piece of shocker cloth that you find that says spidey had to get a sample, research it, and find a way to use it against shocker and upgrade his own suit. then I thought of a game that's a spider-man version of "monster hunter" and got sad because it will never exist.

InsertPotPun
Apr 16, 2018

Pissy Bitch stan
why are we even talking about wolverine on a page with no wolverine?

InsertPotPun
Apr 16, 2018

Pissy Bitch stan

How Wonderful! posted:

This had a cover date of October 1996 so it's an interesting case study of how broad the field of mainstream comics was outside of the popular Image-era stereotypes. Aside from the stuff I've posted here there's also stuff like a bunch of Pulido-style "bad-girls" as well as the main characters from Terry Moore's Strangers in Paradise. A really weird, neat artifact that does give Campbell some fun pastiches to show off.

just the worst art style. and it infected comics for so long

InsertPotPun
Apr 16, 2018

Pissy Bitch stan

Darthemed posted:

Mystery Man Comics #5 (1939)
i'm picturing the green mask trying to throw the staff at joann's fabric off by buying WAY more blue fabric than green, but they all just think he's the blue beetle.

InsertPotPun
Apr 16, 2018

Pissy Bitch stan

Darthemed posted:

Spidey Super Stories #18 (1976)
"spider-man i swear to god if you've poo poo on the floor in fisk's office again..."

InsertPotPun
Apr 16, 2018

Pissy Bitch stan

Saoshyant posted:

Peter tries to get a new job:

"hey spider-man can you stop fighting crime for a second, i'm interviewing someone for a generic job in the middle of traffic and it's really important. so anyway parker: why DO you want to work for generic co?"

also, hawkeye, don't be a dick, thor can afford his own glasses.

InsertPotPun
Apr 16, 2018

Pissy Bitch stan

Lobok posted:

Man, it would suck to be the head on the bottom. Not only is your vision obscured everytime top bunk talks but it'd be really icky to feel the food they eat sliding down through your brain.
top head's not even angry in that picture, bottom bunk is just embarrassed and pulling top's bottom lip into a frown. every time bottom head gets surprised top head bites his tongue

InsertPotPun
Apr 16, 2018

Pissy Bitch stan

Infinitum posted:

Detecting dangerous levels of sass
i'm 100% picturing alfred doing that exact thing to batman in the batcave and clark stealing it

InsertPotPun
Apr 16, 2018

Pissy Bitch stan

jng2058 posted:

I mean, it's hard to say that Stevie there doesn't deserve it...
the entire issue is just that exact same frame just with different times and different heroes getting punched. there's no context and it's never brought up again.

InsertPotPun
Apr 16, 2018

Pissy Bitch stan
why are you debating "appropriate" actors? you'd get christopher reeve playing a "college age" cub reporter spiderman and you'll like it.

InsertPotPun
Apr 16, 2018

Pissy Bitch stan
i'm going to pretend the end of that issue has them both chaperoning the dance

InsertPotPun
Apr 16, 2018

Pissy Bitch stan

InsertPotPun
Apr 16, 2018

Pissy Bitch stan

TheCenturion posted:

Why is it Batman will cripple a random thug for life, without a second thought, but can be very caring and understanding with his mass-murdering super foes?
they've known each other 80 years.

InsertPotPun
Apr 16, 2018

Pissy Bitch stan

Synthbuttrange posted:

BATMAN MURDERS MERCENARY WITH MASSIVE TRANQUILIZER OVERDOSE.
*batman takes off deathstroke's mask "holy poo poo this isn't an elephant at all!" *fumbles for antidote*

InsertPotPun
Apr 16, 2018

Pissy Bitch stan

Darthemed posted:

From Beyond the Unknown #9 (1971)
same

InsertPotPun
Apr 16, 2018

Pissy Bitch stan
"lion moan" is the name he gave his lion pheromone based cologne for men. that panel has nothing to do with the story, it's a flash sideway to the lion moan commercial.
it's like you guys don't even read the comics.

InsertPotPun
Apr 16, 2018

Pissy Bitch stan
the cover is a laughing jimmy crushing a pack of smokes in front of a weeping lois lane

InsertPotPun
Apr 16, 2018

Pissy Bitch stan

TwoPair posted:

I would read the poo poo out of that

Harley Quinn Black + White + Red #6
: Classics never die.

joker's genuine "where's he going with my glasses" face is excellent

also if you knew the joker go after the diamond maybe don't lend it?

InsertPotPun
Apr 16, 2018

Pissy Bitch stan

The Question IRL posted:

Ha while you were busy tearing off your face to reveal you had a different face underneath it, I put a mask on my face.

Also we were having sex the entire time.
"I have a secret for you."
"What?"
"I'm going to feed you my flesh and make you my slave! AHAHAHAHAHA!!!"
"I have a secret for you."
"What?"
"..."

And just back and forth like that for 22 pages

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

InsertPotPun
Apr 16, 2018

Pissy Bitch stan

thetoughestbean posted:

What is happening to Spider-Man’s head in that last panel
lookit this guy: never seen a ghost dog!

The_Other posted:

From Transformers / Back to the Future #1. Starscream has some words for Biff Tannen.

this is a thing?