Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Kramjacks posted:

Lmao at "Mein Bamf".

From one of the alternate reality Excalibur specials, I think it's Weird War III which is mostly about Xavier being more evil then Hitler and the Red Skull together.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

KaosMachina posted:

What's all this about hilariously terrible looking children?

Avengers: The Initiative #35 I think.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

goatface posted:

I think that's part of a Mad Jim Jaspers arc

That looks to be from Excalibur #4.

Arcade hires the Crazy Gang to kidnap someone then mindswaps them with the members of Excalibur because Claremont.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

That Excalibur panel from a bit back made me go and read some stuff from my childhood. Here's something from Excalibur: Mojo Mayhem riffing on crossovers, in 1989.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Does anyone have a unicorn horn lightsaber? For force headbutts.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Oh, I remember reading this thing. It sure did capture a shoujo manga take on terrible soap opera high school for the like 3 issues it lasted.

On the other hand, Colossus.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Phylodox posted:

I actually had that one as a kid. It was a bunch of short gag comics. That one was part of a bunch of single-panel gags.

It also sparked that part of my brain that remembered What the?!? existed:

From issue #1

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Pureauthor posted:

And no one wants to work with you.

Not even the Joker.

Also your vacations really suck

Captain America 367.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

From Doom Patrol #34, Monsieur Mallah and the Brain break into the Doom Patrol's base to steal Robot Man's new body and discuss philosophy. Robot Man is currently having his body worked on, but everyone stepped out for lunch, so he's just a blind and deaf ol' jar of brain. Also this was probably for the best as his body achieved sentience and was debating about whether he should kill Robot Man so he could maintain free will. Also there's kissing.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Rhyno posted:

Yeah, X-Force/Spider-man crossover.

Yeah, was one of the earliest comics I bought, like X-Force #4 I think

Also, I grew up with B:TAS Joker, so that's the good joker,

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ickFVmtWoco

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Captain Bravo posted:

gently caress, how in the hell does Spider-Man have any self-esteem left? Now I'm depressed. :smith:

I recently picked up Spider Man and the X-men, and I don't know, he had some things to be proud of in there

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Push El Burrito posted:

Captain America didn't believe in Spider-Man :(

To be fair, he's had to rescue Spidey from Carnage, a brainless clone and a lady juggalo once:

That was a really cool part of Maximum Carnage though.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

He's got a good character arc throughout the Wolverine/Spiderman and the X-men stuff as an immature brat who slowly grows up. Before that I guess he was basically a wannabe mutant terrorist?

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

evilmiera posted:

You didn't die from nuclear holocaust along with the others Cyclops, are you ok with that? No?

Oh it wasn't anything so dramatic.

Count Nefaria tried to take control of Norad with his ani-pals. The X-men promptly routed them, and while running away, Thunderbird jumped on Nefaria's jet and punched it so hard it exploded, killing him.

The odds John Proudstar was going to have a long career were pretty low.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Mister Muscle stole Mister Mind's vest and is daring him to say anything about it.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Obviously the Phoenix must've resurrected Jean Grey who at some point took over Logan's brain or merged with him and then eventually brainwashed herself into thinking she was Wolverine.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

jng2058 posted:

Close! His wings were damaged by the Marauders who worked for Mister Sinister during the Mutant Massacre event. Sinister was later revealed to have worked with Apocalypse in the past but was, as of the time of the Mutant Massacre, a free agent. The bit with Cameron Hodge is correct, and the metal winged Archangel eventually cut off Hodge's head because of it. (Hodge got better.)

How soon after was it revealed that Sinister was clone souping the reavers anyway? Because at the time, them driving Colossus to kill one of them was a huge character development for him.

Not a funny panel, outside of Riptide's face and that he's menacing a scrub named Harpoon but:

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Unmature posted:

With most superheroes it's like, how can you have all that power for that long and *not* broaden your sexual horizons. Like billionaires. They're already all tired of stuff you can't even talk about on TV.

And then someone explores this idea and we end up with The Boys.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Samuringa posted:

has Kate Beaton ever written a major Marvel comic like Ryan North and Christopher Hastings have?

No, but she contributed some shorts to Strange Tales II like that Kraven one, Rogue gets in Trouble and:

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Doom Patrol #34

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

I miss the superhero stat cards that were in one of the card sets of the early 90's.

The example of a 1 for every category was like Aunt May.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Well after the last few years, Vic the Veep is going to be a lot less transgressive.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Zaodai posted:

Sure, but a lot of them are going to rely on his superhuman strength and agility, and without his spider-sense warning you about danger his high risk acrobatic fighting is probably less practical than just training the guy like another human combat expert.

Taskmaster isn't gonna turn down a paying gig. If someone shows up with cash in hand and says they want a dude with Cyclops' beams, he'll bolt a gun to a guy's face and deliver it.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Toshimo posted:

NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE

Huh, I thought he was supposed to have an eye on his tongue but he doesn't appear to have it in that one.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Skwirl posted:

That makes less sense than golf clubs.

Obviously he's making some renovations to the Shock Shack.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Can't believe we're ripping on the character design of someone from the MLF that isn't Forearm

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

As I recall she had effectively zero fighting ability and could fly (her ability was to slow down people around her, so such luminaries as Wildside and Reaper could gently caress them up). So she was really working those glamour muscles for no good reason.

That team also featured a guy named Sumo, who was just a Japanese blob, Kamikaze, who had the ability to fly really fast into sharp objects once and Zero, a teleporting real doll Stryfe brought with him from the future.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Phy posted:

How the gently caress does Golden Buckethead fit into this clearly themed team?

I don't think there was any kind of theme to them other then they had 3 Japanese members to go along with a bunch of 90's rear end roster fillers.

There were:

Tempo
Wildside - An extremely image comics scrapper.
Reaper - A juggalo with a scythe.
Forearm - He had four arms and existed so other big heroes had someone to punch.
Sumo
Kamikaze
Dragoness - Another Japanese lady. Could fly, and was a dragon furry.
Strobe - She also wore gold armor and could melt stuff
Thumbelina - She was short and squat and could shrink and had an even shittier brother who was on one of Mister Sinister's teams. By actually mentioning having a brother I think she had more characterization then the rest of them combined.
Zero - a mute android who teleported them around

all under the leadership of Stryfe - The dumbest outfit ever attached to a clone of Cable who... oh my god he sucks

Unlucky7 posted:

Was it as hilarious as it sounds?

Pretty much, there's a page before this where he's flying at Archangel expounding about how he japanese stereotypes about honorable combat, but...

Yeah, Archangel didn't even notice he iced the guy. This was from somewhere in the middle of X-Cutioner's Song

CannonFodder posted:

Her name is Betty! :haw:

1: I have no idea what her name is
2: Betty was the code name for certain Japanese bomber planes in WWII.

I believe her name is Heather! which comes up because she's upset about being sent on a mission to kill a mutant abortion doctor.

Kalli fucked around with this message at 23:01 on Nov 13, 2018

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Trying to imagine how Razorfist takes a quick leak before really getting into doing some crimes.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

X-O posted:

See I was trying to imagine him having to stop and figure how to pull his mid thigh high boots up every five minutes when they start rolling down his leg. Alternatively how he deals with wedgies, because that costume looks like a wedgie machine.

I just imagine like most supers they have to spend a solid 30 minutes applying double sided tape whenever they suit up.

Also has Razorfist ever hung out with Master Pandemonium? Do they ever just sit around talking about how much they appreciate bidets?

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Yakuza is pretty great

https://twitter.com/MaxScoville/status/1076508352945897472

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Dead Reckoning posted:

Quick request, I remember seeing a panel posted online where a bunch of the X-Men and their supporting cast are sitting around a conference table, and one of them says, "Raise your hand if you've never had a period in your life that others would describe as 'mostly supervillian.'" Anyone know what I'm talking about?

Definitely saw it in one of these threads before:

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Mierenneuker posted:

He doesn't even need blood, just this "plasma" thing.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VBN1uDbVN1Y

Morbius crawling home to his bedroom just covered in pictures of Havoc from his X-force days.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Well these last few posts have reminded me that Random exists and that he was a different hand-gun making 90's character then Bushwhacker.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Things I learned today: Calendars match up every 28 years:

Also the Marvel Age comics had a calendar on the last page in '92 and January was just everyone happy Rick Jones was dead:

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Toshimo posted:

X-Finity???

And finally the suspension of disbelief for superhero comics is shattered.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Are there any panels of Cable using his lawyer powers? Did he stop Superpro from getting convicted by telekenetically keeping him from putting the murderer's gloves on? Has he successfully employed the Mystique defense dozens of times? Has he successfully sued Empath for causing emotional distress?

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

site posted:

why do we not have the marvel shojo irl

I have good news for you friend

X-men: Misfits got all of 1 volume. As someone who appreciates trashy shojo, it's.... fine at best.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

His name is not Frankie Spaghetti, it's Frankie's Spaghetti Monster