Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mooseontheloose
May 13, 2003

Trast posted:

It's still pretty dumb and just meant to prop Batman up as a world beater instead of a smart guy who's down in the trenches. :smith:

So Batman is the HHH of the DC universe?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mooseontheloose
May 13, 2003

Pureauthor posted:

Do they get him to stop via giving him indigestion?

The most Spider-Man way to stop a god, outside of getting the Phoenix force to leave a host via talking it to death.

Mooseontheloose
May 13, 2003

Lightning Lord posted:

So which city decided to spring for the cloned police force?

The Jackal needed to start small.

Mooseontheloose
May 13, 2003

The best part of this is it looks like Batman is kinda like, ok yah fair enough.

Mooseontheloose
May 13, 2003

bunnyofdoom posted:

That good ole Ennis terrible poo poo.

At least Spidey has been able to no sell Punisher from time to time.

Mooseontheloose
May 13, 2003

Lurdiak posted:

Kinda wanna read a comic where Batman's more of a terrifying jerk than a crimefighter. No, I don't mean Miller's stuff.

So Modern Batman?

Mooseontheloose
May 13, 2003

Unlucky7 posted:

You're an abomination, Charlie Brown!

This made me laugh very hard.

Mooseontheloose
May 13, 2003

that's how get zombies in your deminsion, don't lick toads!

Mooseontheloose
May 13, 2003

Nessus posted:

Who would he become then, Privilege Man?

I mean to be fair, that's Batman's biggest power.

Mooseontheloose
May 13, 2003

A stiff breeze rolls through...

I will be come the one who bends air!

Mooseontheloose
May 13, 2003

Gann Jerrod posted:

Since it’s banned from the good/bad comic art thread, here’s a picture of Rob Liefeld’s newest superhero, The Pouch!

It hits with infinite mass.

Mooseontheloose
May 13, 2003

TwoPair posted:

All-New Wolverine #26: Laura just found her presumed-dead mother

When did Beast become a surly jerk?

Mooseontheloose
May 13, 2003

Push El Burrito posted:

You guys don't have beer brand soup where you live?

No but we have soup brand beer around here.

Mooseontheloose
May 13, 2003

uPen posted:

What's wrong with your hand?

I am tired of these jokes about my giant hand. The first such incident occured in 1956 when...

Mooseontheloose
May 13, 2003

They hinted in the 2012 TV Show that Mikey wants to see more of the world around them and hates being stuck in the sewer.

Mooseontheloose
May 13, 2003

X-O posted:

I find them a bit weird and unsettling. Not just the art style, but some of the content too.

Some guys link donk and death, I suppose?

Mooseontheloose
May 13, 2003

Wasn't the "reinvention" Green Arrow in the 70s? A billionaire who realizes what his massive wealth has not only granted him but then gained a social conscience?

Mooseontheloose
May 13, 2003

TwoPair posted:

Spider-Man/Deadpool #48

I love you can feel Peter side-eyeing through his mask.

Mooseontheloose
May 13, 2003

Darthemed posted:

Batman: Manbat #2 (1995)

I'm glad Batman got to win the WWE title in between his duties as Batman.

Mooseontheloose
May 13, 2003

Evil Mastermind posted:

So does the comic ever actually explain why he's making that guy's life a living hell?

No that annual is basically Nihilism: The Comic.

Mooseontheloose
May 13, 2003

Samuringa posted:

Next panel Scott gets knocked out by a diploma

Behold my thesis!

Mooseontheloose
May 13, 2003

Kurui Reiten posted:

Problem with that is, whenever they want Batman to go evil and lethal, writers have him take down the entire Justice League single handedly in like five minutes. So they're a very ineffective contingency.

I prefer the idea that Alfred is the contingency. As long as Alfred is around and healthy, Batman can't go evil. Alfred would be so disappointed.

One interpretation I saw in this board is that Bats knows that every time Supes has gone rouge, Superman is mind controlled and is fighting at like 70 percent because Superman is fighting of the mind control. So if it got really bad Superman would just eye laser Batman from space and end it.

Also, I'd like to think that despite Batman being the best hand to hand fighter (:eyeroll:) in the world, going up against someone like Green Arrow would be difficult because Ollie wouldn't be stupid enough to go hand to hand. Or the DCAU where Batman can't actually predict the Flash and would just hope for the best.

Mooseontheloose
May 13, 2003

TwoPair posted:

in all universes Peter Parker never shuts the gently caress up :allears:

Well, I mean the ones where he is dead...

Mooseontheloose
May 13, 2003

Random Stranger posted:

The problem with that plan is half the time you get Daredevil and the other half the time you get She-Hulk.

And now I desperately want a Murdock and Walters: Attorneys at Law series.

Play it as a straight procedural though.

Who will handle this BAD GUY outside?
I dunno, its NYC lots of people can handle it. Now let's go over this warrant officer.

Mooseontheloose
May 13, 2003

Darthemed posted:

The Unbeatable Squirrel Girl #35 (2018)

Pleanty of people are named Ben, Peter. I am sure it would be find your identity from that clue.

Mooseontheloose
May 13, 2003

Keromaru5 posted:

There was also that SNL skit with The Rock playing Clark, who's actually incredibly terrible at keeping his identity secret. His muscles are huge, his costume pokes out of his regular sleeves, he answers to "Superman" even when wearing his glasses. Everybody at the Planet is laughing at him behind his back.

Or Conan O'Brien playing Moleculo.

I think the BEST twist is that Clark knows the whole time and does it anyways because it makes people feel safe.

Mooseontheloose
May 13, 2003

Skwirl posted:

Blair Underwood being their pick for Black Panther says so much about whoever created this.

Because it should of been Don Franklin?

Mooseontheloose
May 13, 2003

evilmiera posted:

"Waaauuuaaauwaa, the anti-life are begonias, pshuuu."

I was raised by a paradamon.

Mooseontheloose
May 13, 2003

muscles like this! posted:

Fun fact, after having Peter show up as weird crying loser in Howard the Duck Chip Zdarsky was then made the writer of Spectacular Spider-Man.

I was watching some youtube video where they basically said good parody actually helps reinvigorate dead/stuck genre's because it gives fresh perspective to media. So Scream actually helped out the slasher/horror genre because it helped writers see the issues in the genre and write around them.

Mooseontheloose
May 13, 2003

He'll save children but not the British children.

Mooseontheloose
May 13, 2003

Grendels Dad posted:

Death got some abs.

Why does Death got some abs?

Do you realize how much reaping souls burns in calories. I mean, some of them are runners.

Mooseontheloose
May 13, 2003

Darthemed posted:

Ben Reilly: The Scarlet Spider #9 (2017)

Spider-Man Team Up Stories: The Capitol Police.

Mooseontheloose
May 13, 2003

Am I the only one who thinks Taskmaster would actually be bad at baseball or footabll? Bullseye makes sense because his power is 100% accuracy. Taskmasker's power to copy might make him mechanically sound but so much of pitching. batting, and throwing football is knowing when to pull off, what arm slot to use, how much power to use, and developing a style that works for you? It's not all pure copying the mechanics I guess.

Mooseontheloose
May 13, 2003

Precambrian posted:

"Taskmaster, you fool! You've copied Wimp Lo, who we've trained wrong, as a joke!"

Face to foot style seemed like a mistake.

Mooseontheloose
May 13, 2003

How did the demon get barred in New York?

Mooseontheloose
May 13, 2003

Random Stranger posted:

A demon passing the bar is barely a punch line. The real question is where did he buy the briefcase from?

I imagine there is plenty of sources of leather in hell.

Mooseontheloose
May 13, 2003

Everyday?

Mooseontheloose
May 13, 2003

Rigged Death Trap posted:

You kidding
Namor gets everyones motor running.
Hed be everyones casanova if he wasnt such a massive jerk

I mean when you are king of the ocean, its easy to get everyone wet.

Mooseontheloose
May 13, 2003

Dr. Strange: People I have email and text, please use those.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mooseontheloose
May 13, 2003

Vlaphor posted:

This was brought up in a deleted scene

I like how they created a fake newspaper, with real text and start off a story and then got lazy and threw something about international politics for the rest of the article.