Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

He likes to put 'em in his mouth

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

bobkatt013 posted:

Bleed on them to heal them! Do not worry no one can catch Aids as that's a human disease! gently caress you Austen.
I can see a couple of ways where that could be true, but either way it seems dumb and seems to go against how mutants in general get portrayed.

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

I figure Barman is autocorrect on the mobile app in action.

What exactly is Anni doing in that page, it's kind of confusing.

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

Section Z posted:

I kinda like the cage bars one. It's not your fault Hal, that's just how comic and cartoon artists draw cages.
It even kind of makes sense, because obviously that's how he'd visualize a cage.

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

I imagine the idea is that if you upend a pound of flour into your little pan grease fire, it will probably go out, but that isn't necessarily a generalizable principle.

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

Apparently MLK was in that movie! (With his clothes on.) Wow. Learn something new every day when you read BSS.

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

You don't need to make a 1980s League of Extraordinary Gentlemen because the Banzai Institute already existed.

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

SirDan3k posted:

They would be the evil government sponsored version of the League tricking everyone into thinking they were the good guys. Regan would be the evil mastermind behind it all and the book would end with giving Regan dementia to stop him.
Sounds like a bunch of Red Lectroid propaganda to me, buddy!

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

The hell does Vasquez do with himself? "Squat in an abandoned mansion living off taquitos" is distressingly plausible.

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

Travis343 posted:

Are you kidding, have you ever been in a Hot Topic? The residuals from Zim and JTHM are probably keeping him afloat on their own, and apparently he's still working on new stuff. He's fine.

Keeshhound posted:

That doesn't actually rule out "squatting in an abandoned mansion living off taquitos."
Yeah, exactly, that just makes it a lifestyle choice.

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

Blowing up Hawaii with your Nazi bombs would definitely weaken American ability to project power in the Pacific, especially back then. What good this does a Nazi (who is on the other side of the Atlantic, a much smaller and more heavily trafficed ocean) much less a Mars Nazi is an open question. If we wanted to use a tropical island as a rocket base we'd use Puerto Rico.

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

Sizone posted:

G'nort probably trumps them both.

Was Hal the first choice, or was Guy? Maybe the ring picks an incompetent backup lantern so that villains will be less likely to kill the primary lantern for fear that the backup will take over. You know, like how Nixon had Ford for a VP and Megatron has Starscream.
I think Guy and Hal were tied for potential but Hal was right there and Guy was over in Baltimore, so the ring went to Hal.

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

My first comics that weren't like, Donald Duck flies a spaceship without windows into a building, were the Muir Island saga thing involving the X-Men. I remember being very confused because a montage of X-Men gearing up made me think it was one guy shape-shifting, due to their identical uniforms.

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

I think Plas is completely indestructible, completely immune to mental influence, and has his wacky rubber powers. While the BatMetrics may be biased, that's a pretty good toolkit.

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

Regarding that comic we're spoilering, What did Superman call his Stand? "Three Doors Down" was open, I believe.

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

Yeah, Nightcrawler is a circus weirdo, which is probably why he and Meggan had such Tension in Excalibur: Both of them grew up in wagons as weird outcasts. Also, he can hold his liquor.

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

I'm completely down for a Ghost Rider Corps.

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

Uthor posted:

I thought Plastic Man killed Lincoln?

Nah, it was his girlfriend.

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

Discendo Vox posted:

But so is Wolverine! It's not like-oh.
Wolverine isn't asian, he's trans-ethnic, bub.

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

Paste Pot Pete seems to be like Aquaman in that his problem is not in his abilities but rather in his branding.

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

MikeJF posted:

It's really amazing how quickly he turned white.
That thing was probably painted in Russia, noted haunt of whites

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

I think the Joker is like Wolverine: an entirely decent and interesting character who is heavily overexposed for marketing reasons.

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

JoshTheStampede posted:

Kingpin I can see having a "The only person who gets to terrorize my town is ME" attitude, but Magneto has murdered way more than 3000 people on multiple occasions.
The Beyonder said he was a hero, and that's good enough for me.

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

Phy posted:

There is no room for love in Jughead's life, so long as there are burgers

Have those weird hyper-Christian archies ever been referenced in current Archieverse canon?

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

Serious Frolicking posted:

wait a second, that man has two right hands!
So you're telling me he learns from the Living Ghost but is eventually stabbed to death by a Frenchman? I'll buy it.

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

SynthOrange posted:

YOU'RE GETTING YOUR COUNTS MIXED UP RYAN
If I'm understanding this correctly, she's about to flick him the bird.

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

Rhyno posted:

Five years ago myself and my store were a part of a sting with the Indiana State Police tracking pedophiles. Any male over the age of 13 who purchased cards was flagged as a probably sex offender.
:catstare: so how'd that go

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

Travis343 posted:

I thought his spider-sense would detect crimes or whatever. Plus he's out there if somebody gets in a wreck or something and needs non-crime related assistance.
He uses Spider-profiling to more efficiently locate evildoers

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

Lurdiak posted:

I think almost every nazi scientist villain cares very little about Nazi ideology, but you don't get to stop being a Nazi just because you're a more selfish kind of rear end in a top hat.

I remember there was a panel about this in the Radioactive Man comics.

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

Lobok posted:

If you ever played Crackdown and remember watching your vehicle upgrade, he has an extremely loosely defined ability to do that to any [motor?] vehicle.

Or if Pimp My Ride was a show where each person's car was changed not by a team of mechanics and body shop wunderkinds but by Xzibit's Midas touch, that is Overdrive.
Shame they don't have the Transformers comics license any more.

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

CharlestheHammer posted:

I mean why is it called animalism, communism comes from community not humanity.
They managed to make a good start at building a windmill despite not having any opposable thumbs and also having to be a ham-fisted allegory for the Russian revolution. Cut 'em some slack.

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

CzarChasm posted:

No, that's Kamala's deal.

No more than DC could get sued if they came out with "Infinite Secret" or "Final Wars" or "Identity Secret" major events. I'm not sure, because IANAL, but I think DC could publish a book called "Secret Wars" and still be OK. It would be a dick move, but I don't think the term is copyrighted. Though if Marvel could prove that DC did it specifically to confuse people and steal sales, maybe.
I imagine the context would matter too. Like a Batman story arc called "Secret Wars" about crime family shenanigans versus - well - you know, something more infringey.

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

My favorite part of this is how she gives Batman a direct instruction and he complies immediately.

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

What was that Joker one? Throw it up. Maybe also the Boners panels.

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

They ought to contract with Wakanda, a place where middle-aged-angry-white-man power would avail them nothing.

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

JediTalentAgent posted:

I was about to ask if anything like that had happened. I know there was that What If... some shady group wanted Frank to kill off all the heroes/villains.

Have we had a Batman-grade conspiracy with Frank, yet?

Something like where it turned out, "No, Frank, you've been groomed for years to be Punisher, your family's death wasn't an accident, it was actually carefully arranged as to seem random... Since you were a Marine recruit, you were special. Some powerful people recognized your skills and your potential, they made sure you had the training and the strength for when the time came. They knew all it would take for you to go after the scum of this world was to give you a reason and nothing left to lose."
Wouldn't this make Shadow Manipulator Man the actual author of all evil, and cast all the criminals of the world as mere bit parts compared to someone that vicious?

What I'm saying here is that the Punisher would then go kill that person. Which could be kind of cool.

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

Canemacar posted:

Dunno. Cap is literally powered by super-steroids.
While true, it's not on like, an ongoing basis.

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

Work Friend Keven posted:

What if I Want her to stop, but also NEED my balls crushed.
I'm sure the Amazons have a protocol for that situation

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

darthbob88 posted:

If we accept "What have I got in my pocket?" as a riddle, per the writings of B. Baggins, then "Who is the Batman?" is no less legitimate a riddle. I would dispute his categorizing it as the ultimate riddle, but not its inclusion.
The Authorities did not actually accept that as a riddle, they just said that having accepted it as one, Gollum was honor bound to treat it as one successfully. If Gollum had been like "Nice try, dipshit" and eaten Bilbo he would have been in the clear.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

I had assumed the Authorities were the Valar.