Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Silver Striker
May 22, 2013

There are those that said this day would never come. What are they to say now?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dexters Secret
Jun 19, 2014

Silver Striker posted:

There are those that said this day would never come. What are they to say now?

They're begrudgingly buying one at Wal-Mart and hoping no one notices.

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001
The Miiverse is at peace.

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry
Good morning, YCS. Your mission, should you choose to accept it, involves the subtle seduction and inception of a Gamelet poster to purchase the supreme console designated "Wii U" before 2015. You may select any two team members to assist you. As always, should any member of your team be caught or killed, Nintendo will disavow all knowledge of your actions. And YCS, the next time you go on to post in the Miiverse, please be good enough to not post dick pictures. This message will self-destruct in five seconds.

Silver Striker
May 22, 2013

zen death robot posted:

I own a PC, a WiiU and a PS4 so I can game without caring about console supremacy, just the games

As do I, but I feel like the Wii U is the only current generation console that has really gotten off the ground. The Xbox One and the PS4 are both not really going anywhere and it's sad.

Dexters Secret
Jun 19, 2014

zen death robot posted:

I own a PC, a WiiU and a PS4 so I can game without caring about console supremacy, just the games

Mercury Crusader
Apr 20, 2005

You know they say that all demons are created equal, but you look at me and you look at Pyro Jack and you can see that statement is not true, hee-ho!
drat it feels good to own a Wii U

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

I believe 2015 will be the year the ps4 grows to be the perfect companion console to the Wii U.

PleasingFungus
Oct 10, 2012
idiot asshole bitch who should fuck off
I game on the PC, OP.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine
This is the year than Xenoblade 2 finally comes out I can feel it.

It will establish the series as a dynasty right up there with Mario and Zelda.

DoctorStrangelove
Jun 7, 2012

IT WOULD NOT BE DIFFICULT MEIN FUHRER!

PleasingFungus posted:

I game on the PC, OP.

Same.

I would get a WiiU but I am too poor.

Shameful I know.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine
I hope giant bomb will change their luke warm opinion on the wii-u in the coming year.

Dexters Secret
Jun 19, 2014

The Taint Reaper posted:

I hope giant bomb will change their luke warm opinion on the wii-u in the coming year.

i hope people stop caring about giant bomb in the coming year.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

Ibram Gaunt posted:

I believe 2015 will be the year the ps4 grows to be the perfect companion console to the Wii U.

wow i didnt know ff15 and kingdom hearts 3 were coming out this year

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

The Wii U loving owns.

Silver Striker
May 22, 2013

The Taint Reaper posted:

This is the year than Xenoblade 2 finally comes out I can feel it.

It will establish the series as a dynasty right up there with Mario and Zelda.

Good lord, even you say good things sometimes.

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry
wow 2015 does look good. I gotta hurry up and finish more of my wii-u games but they're just so fun to play and explore every nook and collect everything :3:

mario party 10
zelda u
star fox u
kirby's curse
xenoblade
splatoon
yoshi's world

I actually may be most excited for mario party (ok, well not really but pretty drat excited), I played the poo poo out of MP2/3.

And Wii Party U kinda sucked and was a disappointment since the party boards were lovely mini-game style like drop balls in a machine and poo poo; the highway one that most similar to WP/MP was just long and uninteresting; and the one cool Island board from WP was neutered by having a 'pass the gamepad around' to roll dice mechanic which took forever and was really unfun and everyone hated doing that so we gave that up quickly. I felt like they should have just taken what they had with Wii Party, kept similar mechanics to the Game Island and just add more board types (like MP has like 9 different boards) (and change of the stupid ufo switcher which they did in U)

Xaris fucked around with this message at 21:52 on Jan 1, 2015

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Kindabummed I have to buy a PS4 in a couple months.

Axel Serenity
Sep 27, 2002

zen death robot posted:

whoah man look at Mt. Mouneybags over here

(I really want a Wii U)

Gonna probably buy a New 3DS instead though. gently caress yeah

Mercury Crusader
Apr 20, 2005

You know they say that all demons are created equal, but you look at me and you look at Pyro Jack and you can see that statement is not true, hee-ho!

Xaris posted:

I actually may be most excited for mario party (ok, well not really but pretty drat excited), I played the poo poo out of MP2/3.

Having one person play as Bowser sounds like a new innovation in dicking people over at Mario Party so yeah I'm stoked about that.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

Mercury Crusader posted:

Having one person play as Bowser sounds like a new innovation in dicking people over at Mario Party so yeah I'm stoked about that.

They're going to make a fortune on Mario party Wii-U pad accidents.

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry

Mercury Crusader posted:

yeah that sounds pretty cool. Even though I hated the overall modes/boards in WPU, I really liked the 1v3 gamepad mini-games and I thought that was a really clever use of the gamepad. Like the invisible potion one where you can see yourself but they can't. It allows for a lot more options that 'screencheating' prevented in the past.

PrBacterio
Jul 19, 2000

The Taint Reaper posted:

Jeff gerstman's favorite game this year was call of duty. or in other words, I wouldnt hold my breath

edit:

Xaris posted:

And Wii Party U kinda sucked and was a disappointment since the party boards were lovely mini-game style like drop balls in a machine and poo poo; the highway one that most similar to WP/MP was just long and uninteresting; and the one cool Island board from WP was neutered by having a 'pass the gamepad around' to roll dice mechanic which took forever and was really unfun and everyone hated doing that so we gave that up quickly. I felt like they should have just taken what they had with Wii Party, kept similar mechanics to the Game Island and just add more board types (like MP has like 9 different boards) (and change of the stupid ufo switcher which they did in U)
I really hope MP10 turns out good. what they've shown of Bowser mode so far looked pretty good at least, and could be the first truly convincing example of them making good use of the gamepad for asymmetric gameplay (regardless of whatever lukewarm examples people like to cite). but I sure do hope they add a mode where each player can move individually without the kart as well.

PrBacterio fucked around with this message at 23:00 on Jan 1, 2015

Leadthumb
Mar 24, 2006

Skeezy posted:

The Wii U loving owns.

confirmed

But Rocks Hurt Head
Jun 30, 2003

by Hand Knit
Pillbug
i bought armillo on sale and it's the best sonic game in years, just another wiiu gaming win

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine
Hoping this is the year Nintendo buys back Rareware properties.

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
The Nintendo Win-U

Mach2
Feb 28, 2014

WORST FORUMS GUY posted:

The Nintendo Win-U

Mercury Crusader
Apr 20, 2005

WORST FORUMS GUY posted:

The Nintendo Win-U

givepatajob
Apr 8, 2003

One finds that this is the best of all possible worlds.
The prophecy is complete. Amiibo sales will bring to life the old one Gunpei Yokoi. Those that are consumed first will be the lucky ones.

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

The future is strange, but beautiful.

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

The Taint Reaper posted:

Hoping this is the year Nintendo buys back Rareware properties.

They've always owned donkey kong

MarioTeachesWiping
Nov 1, 2006

by XyloJW

Mercury Crusader posted:

drat it feels good to own a Wii U

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

WORST FORUMS GUY posted:

The Nintendo Win-U

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
The Wii U is a good console, yet no one is buying it for some reason. I got a PS4, Wii U and a PC with a GTX 760 which more or less gives me every game I could possibly want this upcoming generation.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

OP I only care about PS3, Wii U, and PC.

Axel Serenity
Sep 27, 2002

seiferguy posted:

The Wii U is a good console, yet no one is buying it for some reason.

it's a good system, but most of the good bundles this year were still $350 which is still a bit steep compared to loading up on pc games imo

The same applies to consoles in general

1994 Toyota Celica
Sep 11, 2008

by Nyc_Tattoo
Console peasants.

Axel Serenity
Sep 27, 2002
I like consoles but would also like the Wii U to go down another like $50 so I can play some Smash and that cool looking Kirby colors game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Dexters Secret posted:

i hope people stop caring about giant bomb in the coming year.

Ryan was the soul of Giant Bomb and when he died it slowly started dying too.

• Locked thread