Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

rovert posted:

gently caress

They are cool.

Also I broke this story three months ago.

gently caress is right.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

I'm kinda sad I didn't watch TNA during Daniels' appletini run becase it looks like it was hilarious

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

DJExile posted:

I'm kinda sad I didn't watch TNA during Daniels' appletini run becase it looks like it was hilarious

Look up all the Claire Lynch segments.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?

That's the one I was originally looking for, but I had to settle for Bully Ray being a...bully.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
I wish there was a better explanation for Chris Daniels not being world champion in ROH or TNA other than age(or in TNA's case, sheer stupidity).

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you

DJExile posted:

It was one of the most fun times I've had watching wrestling in years.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

El Gallinero Gros posted:

I wish there was a better explanation for Chris Daniels not being world champion in ROH or TNA other than age(or in TNA's case, sheer stupidity).

He also seems to love working as a tag team.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

bobkatt013 posted:

He also seems to love working as a tag team.

Well, he's a drat good tag team wrestler. He seems to develop tag chemistry with anybody he teams with over time.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

It seems like he's one of those people who's just fine having matches and having fun. If he wanted the main belt, I think ROH at least would have given it to him by now. Lynn got what, a reign or two?

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Chris James 2 posted:

It seems like he's one of those people who's just fine having matches and having fun. If he wanted the main belt, I think ROH at least would have given it to him by now. Lynn got what, a reign or two?

I think somebody claimed he politely turned down the ROH belt because he felt it should be for younger guys. Lynn was a champion for a while, I suspect to coincide with the Wrestler.

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I got no love for you
I feel like Daniels hopping between companies also hurt his chances of being a world champ. Granted he was in ROH for a long time, but it seems like he was bouncing between ROH and TNA later in his career.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

triplexpac posted:

I feel like Daniels hopping between companies also hurt his chances of being a world champ. Granted he was in ROH for a long time, but it seems like he was bouncing between ROH and TNA later in his career.

TNA made a thing of having him be the one with the pink slip at Feast or Fired matches (happened two or three times), so that one's probably not entirely his fault.

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I got no love for you

Chris James 2 posted:

TNA made a thing of having him be the one with the pink slip at Feast or Fired matches (happened two or three times), so that one's probably not entirely his fault.

Realistically, TNA would never put the title on Daniels with guys like Jeff Hardy, Angle and Sting around. But I was thinking more of ROH, why they never put the title on him. There was the era of Punk/Danielson/Joe/Nigel where the top of the card was pretty set. In the HDNet era I could see Daniels getting a shot on top, but that's when he was in TNA as well so they wouldn't have done it.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

triplexpac posted:

Realistically, TNA would never put the title on Daniels with guys like Jeff Hardy, Angle and Sting around. But I was thinking more of ROH, why they never put the title on him. There was the era of Punk/Danielson/Joe/Nigel where the top of the card was pretty set. In the HDNet era I could see Daniels getting a shot on top, but that's when he was in TNA as well so they wouldn't have done it.

TNA could have DEFINITELY done it early on during the era where he was super over as X champion. They also could have done it a couple other times (when Joe was champ, for instance). They chose not to. gently caress 'em.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

triplexpac posted:

Realistically, TNA would never put the title on Daniels with guys like Jeff Hardy, Angle and Sting around.

Hell they didn't even do it when Eric Young won the title. Daniels, the idiot, didn't grow his beard out or look enough like Daniel Bryan if you squinted real hard.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

Russo really disliked him.

There was also this mentality in TNA of never giving him a chance or whenever they did if signs were not instantly encouraging they would give up on him. This PPV tanked at the time: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Final_Resolution_%282009%29 never AJ Styles or the build* to the show was blamed just Daniels. The incoming Hogan/Bischoff regime saw that the show didn't draw and decied Daniels wasn't worth pushing.

*November/December 2009 was an infamous period were the shows were written by an unfiltered Vince Russo. They were really bad.

Perigryn
Oct 22, 2010

TaJaaaaadoruuuuu
Low Ki put up a pic of what Drew did to him with a steel pipe at the recent tapings on Instagram

:aaa:

ARMBAR A COP
Nov 24, 2007

gently caress

Web Jew.0
May 13, 2009

triplexpac posted:

Realistically, TNA would never put the title on Daniels with guys like Jeff Hardy, Angle and Sting around.

Counterpoint: Chris Sabin.

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

rovert posted:

Russo really disliked him.

There was also this mentality in TNA of never giving him a chance or whenever they did if signs were not instantly encouraging they would give up on him. This PPV tanked at the time: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Final_Resolution_%282009%29 never AJ Styles or the build* to the show was blamed just Daniels. The incoming Hogan/Bischoff regime saw that the show didn't draw and decied Daniels wasn't worth pushing.

*November/December 2009 was an infamous period were the shows were written by an unfiltered Vince Russo. They were really bad.

He was also like 40 at the time which isn't a great age to start pushing a new star.

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

Bigass Moth posted:

He was also like 40 at the time which isn't a great age to start pushing a new star.

It's TNA

IronCladBurrito
Aug 11, 2002

Excuse me, is this where the bitches are found?

He's not a former WWE main eventer, so the point still stands.

Bard Maddox
Feb 15, 2012

I'm just a sick guy, I'm really just a dirty guy.

Web Jew.0 posted:

does this really count when it was one of the worst booked title reigns in TNA Title history (which says a lot about it)

The D in Detroit
Oct 13, 2012

Web Jew.0 posted:

I forgot Chris Sabin actually held the title on at one point until you posted this

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Perigryn posted:

Low Ki put up a pic of what Drew did to him with a steel pipe at the recent tapings on Instagram

holy poo poo :stare:

Jay 2K Winger
Oct 10, 2007

What are you looking for?

Perigryn posted:

Low Ki still probably didn't sell it.

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps
Since when did Low Ki grow hair?

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

So much for their ratings going up. According to PWInsider last friday had 431,000 viewers, down from 517,000 last week.

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Everybody wants to be a cat~
~Because a cat's the only cat~
~Who knows where its at~

Testekill posted:

So much for their ratings going up. According to PWInsider last friday had 431,000 viewers, down from 517,000 last week.

You can't trust PWInsLIAR, they're trying to bury TNA by misreporting numbers every week!

Perigryn
Oct 22, 2010

TaJaaaaadoruuuuu

Sanguinia posted:

You can't trust PWInsLIAR, they're trying to bury TNA by misreporting numbers every week!
There'd be no grounds for misreporting if they accepted the fact that adding the replay's numbers doesn't really do that much, no matter how much they quibble about it.

Cardboard Box
Jul 14, 2009

triplexpac posted:

It was one of the most fun times I've had watching wrestling in years.

tna from like february til october 2012 was a really fun time to be watching. too bad they couldn't keep it up.

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

quote:

In regard to the Impact Wrestling rating noted yesterday here on PWInsider.com, the audience number that is being released is the cumulative number of the original 8 PM viewing and the 11 PM viewing, which is considered the West Coast airing as Destination America does not have a split feed. The 8 PM airing garnered 338,000 viewers while the 11 PM brought in 153,000 viewers.

Carny as gently caress

ARMBAR A COP
Nov 24, 2007

:lol: I hope this company never dies.

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

Taking UniMás into consideration, TNA is in severe danger of being outdrawn by Lucha Underground. I didn't think I would ever see the day when TNA is 4th in the US, but here we are.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

RZApublican posted:

Taking UniMás into consideration, TNA is in severe danger of being outdrawn by Lucha Underground. I didn't think I would ever see the day when TNA is 4th in the US, but here we are.

Well, ROH isn't in a position to really capitiize because Sinclair's cutting back instead of trying to grow the product. ROH people tried to pitch SInclair on getting to #2 but they really just want it as a cheap tv show for their stations and nothing more.

• Locked thread