Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you

flashy_mcflash posted:

I actually watched part of the replay and I can't get over how bored Jeff Hardy looked in their whole segment, and Matt was just there.

Haha yeah Jeff looked so bored every time I saw him on screen. I wonder if he's clean enough for WWE, he really could help their roster right now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I got no love for you

DJExile posted:

I am honestly stunned to know that goddamn Crazytown is still A Thing :stare:

Well doing a song for TNA doesn't really make them "A Thing", if anything it proves the opposite

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I got no love for you

Skinty McEdger posted:

They did have a segment that led into his return as Hardy, which was basically someone (Angle I think?) telling him that he needed the old Jeff Hardy back and that he could have a title shot if he stopped with the willow poo poo.

Did he ever get that title shot?

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I got no love for you

ozebane posted:

Isn't Edge under a legends contract? Like, surely he couldn't even if hell froze over and he actually wanted to?

Didn't Flair get out of a legends contract to do indie appearances and eventually join TNA? Or did he just turn the WWE down when they offered him one.

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I got no love for you
lol yes "Eddie Guerrero was a cruiserweight in WCW" is exactly the same as "you are a X division guy in a company with no money"

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I got no love for you

coconono posted:

as much as I'd like to laugh at him, I don't know what he's getting paid. I'm going to guess its not a lot.

How much was Eddie Guerrero making as Cruiserweight Champ in WCW?

No idea if this is legit at all:

http://www.wrestlingforum.com/classic-wrestling/767522-old-wrestling-salaries-find-them-here.html

Apparently WCW was paying Juvi 200K a year so I can't imagine Eddie would be too far behind.

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I got no love for you

Testekill posted:

You know someone is a terrible person, when Tara out of all people wants to punch them out.

I once met Michelle McCool and most of what we talked about was how awesome Victoria is haha.

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I got no love for you

epitasis posted:

It's a good bump and a good throw

What a worker

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I got no love for you

NickRoweFillea posted:

http://www.flickeringmyth.com/2015/01/kurt-angle-talks-oscar-nominated-foxcatcher.html

Interesting thoughts from Kurt Angle about Foxcatcher. I had no clue that he wrestled for DuPont. Makes me really want to see the movie now, even more than I did.

Check out his WWE book if your library has it. He's had an interesting life, and he talks about Dave in it. Maybe Mark too, I am not sure... it's been a long time since I've read it.

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I got no love for you

DJExile posted:

I'm kinda sad I didn't watch TNA during Daniels' appletini run becase it looks like it was hilarious

It was one of the most fun times I've had watching wrestling in years.

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I got no love for you
I feel like Daniels hopping between companies also hurt his chances of being a world champ. Granted he was in ROH for a long time, but it seems like he was bouncing between ROH and TNA later in his career.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I got no love for you

Chris James 2 posted:

TNA made a thing of having him be the one with the pink slip at Feast or Fired matches (happened two or three times), so that one's probably not entirely his fault.

Realistically, TNA would never put the title on Daniels with guys like Jeff Hardy, Angle and Sting around. But I was thinking more of ROH, why they never put the title on him. There was the era of Punk/Danielson/Joe/Nigel where the top of the card was pretty set. In the HDNet era I could see Daniels getting a shot on top, but that's when he was in TNA as well so they wouldn't have done it.

• Locked thread