Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jack's Flow
Jun 6, 2003

Life, friends, is boring

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Parlett316
Dec 6, 2002

Jon Snow is viciously stabbed by his friends in the night's watch for wanting to rescue Mance Rayder from Ramsay Bolton
Josh almost had that 5x5 game!

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

you literally think a person saying their NBA team of choice being better than the fucking 76ers is a 'schtick'

a literal thing you think.

Lebron out for two weeks with a strained knee.

Bjay9
May 3, 2011

Kid, touch is for video games and gynecologists

Redgrendel2001 posted:

Lebron out for two weeks with a strained knee.

itshappening.gif

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

It is 2015 and Derrick Rose is still playing basketball.

And it doesn't really matter because he's like the third-best guy on the Bulls.

Jack's Flow
Jun 6, 2003

Life, friends, is boring

R.D. Mangles posted:

It is 2015 and Derrick Rose is still playing basketball.

And it doesn't really matter because he's like the third-best guy on the Bulls.

Pau Gasol starting in the All - Star game would be the best thing after all the poo poo he had to go through in LA.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations
Morey started crying on twitter today about Dwight and Harden's all star votes.

Parlett316
Dec 6, 2002

Jon Snow is viciously stabbed by his friends in the night's watch for wanting to rescue Mance Rayder from Ramsay Bolton

Spacebump posted:

He's right tho

toggle
Nov 7, 2005

Spacebump posted:

Popularity contest. It doesn't matter!

Parlett316
Dec 6, 2002

toggle posted:

Popularity contest. It doesn't matter!

Where area all those Asian Rocket fans out there?! I know they still exist damnit.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.

Parlett316 posted:

Where area all those Asian Rocket fans out there?! I know they still exist damnit.

The cool thing is Dwight cited this as one of his reasons for picking Houston was Chinese fans and but the move actually cost him a lot of those fans, because they are rabidly pro-Kobe, and this somehow bled over to Harden as well (there is "it's Jame's Harden's fault Jeremy Lin isn't good" chat I remember from LFOs but Kobe doesn't seem to be getting penalized for that so Dwight bleedover is what I'm saying is the cause here).

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop
http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/1...n-ending-injury

quote:

The Cleveland Cavaliers have been granted a disabled player exception valued at almost $5 million in the wake of Anderson Varejao's season-ending Achilles injury, ESPN.com has learned.
It should be noted, though, that Cleveland has already been scouring the trade market with a similar trade exception valued at $5.3 million, which it created in late September by trading veteran guard Keith Bogans to Philadelphia in a three-team swap.

The Cavs have been pursuing a number of centers dating back to the summer -- including Denver's Timofey Mozgov, Memphis' Kosta Koufos and the Los Angeles Lakers' Robert Sacre -- but have yet to find a palatable deal.

Okafor Okafor Okafor! O'Neal O'Neal O'Neal!! WILL BYNUM!!!!!!

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
The Cavs are pursing Robert Sacre? The Lakers are in a position where trading just for a cap exemption is useless to them but like the Lakers would probably give him up for a second.

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

So if Kyrie gets voted in as a starter he gets the supermax?

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.

Niwrad posted:

So if Kyrie gets voted in as a starter he gets the supermax?

Nope, halfway inbetween.
http://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/234461/Kyrie-Irving-Agreed-To-275-Percent-Of-Salary-Cap-If-He-Triggers-Rose-Rule

Strawberry Panda
Nov 4, 2007

Breakfast Defecting, Slow Dick Touching, Root Beer Barreling SwagVP
Quick how many games do the Cavs play in 2 weeks and how many spots will they drop in the conference in that time?

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop
http://nyloncalculus.com/2014/12/30/checking-rajon-rondo-josh-smith/

Mavs offense is looking less like a beautiful machine and more like a sorrowful contraption with Rajiv Rondo

Without Rondo:

With Rondo

Josh Smith is shooting the shots he should shoot in Houston, which proves he's a huge rear end in a top hat. I hope he slips on a banana peel.

With Detroit

With Houston

Cool sportvu rebound stuff that I'm still digesting: http://nyloncalculus.com/2014/12/31/crashing-boards-first-look-sportvu-rebounding/

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

you literally think a person saying their NBA team of choice being better than the fucking 76ers is a 'schtick'

a literal thing you think.

Strawberry Panda posted:

Quick how many games do the Cavs play in 2 weeks and how many spots will they drop in the conference in that time?

8 games. 3, maybe 4, should be winnable without Lebron.

Vire
Nov 4, 2005

Like a Bosh

Igor Strelkov posted:

Josh Smith is shooting the shots he should shoot in Houston, which proves he's a huge rear end in a top hat. I hope he slips on a banana peel.

Just be happy he isn't sabotaging your team anymore I guess.
I really would love to know what they said to him that finally made it sink in that he can't take those shots though.

Also Kobe getting voted into the all star games ahead of almost everyone who is better than him in the west is pretty hilarious.

hitze
Aug 28, 2007
Give me a dollar. No, the twenty. This is gonna blow your mind...

Redgrendel2001 posted:

8 games. 3, maybe 4, should be winnable without Lebron.

Should be but won't :twisted:

ragle
Nov 1, 2009

Igor Strelkov posted:

http://nyloncalculus.com/2014/12/30/checking-rajon-rondo-josh-smith/

Mavs offense is looking less like a beautiful machine and more like a sorrowful contraption with Rajiv Rondo

Without Rondo:

With Rondo

With Detroit

With Houston

Cool sportvu rebound stuff that I'm still digesting: http://nyloncalculus.com/2014/12/31/crashing-boards-first-look-sportvu-rebounding/

Small sample size with Rondo, and Smith is 1/6 3pa with Houston rather than 0/0 as the image seems to indicate

PantsFreeZone
May 31, 2013

by Nyc_Tattoo
The Cavs are going to go 0-8 and be in a battle with Miami for the 8th seed.

Hand Row
May 28, 2001
The mighty Bucks will pass them soon.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Someone please post a gif of the Rose to Buckets oop.

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

Why is Nate Robinson so bad now?

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Niwrad posted:

Don't you blaspheme in here.

Bulls fans went nuts for him when he came in the game too.

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

R.D. Mangles posted:

Someone please post a gif of the Rose to Buckets oop.

All I have is Vine with Stacey King losing his mind.

https://vine.co/v/OwLwPe9MFF9

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

i am completely immersed in darkness
as i turn my body away from the sun

Niwrad posted:

Tore his ACL, gettin' older, was very reliant on athleticism

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
Also on bad teams he's been really bad.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
Kings undefeated in 2015. NBA 3.0 in full effect. Deal with it haters.

This is the first game I've had a chance to watch since Malone got fired and dear lord they looked bad, bad, bad.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Spoeank posted:

This is the first game I've had a chance to watch since Malone got fired and dear lord they looked bad, bad, bad.

I saw this post and thought to myself "yeah but you should see the Wolves" and then decided to see if we played and hahahaha

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

Cigar Aficionado
Nov 1, 2004

"Patel"? Fuck you.
Wiggins had a 27/9/2 with 4 steals tonight on 50% shooting and has been averaging 21/4/2/1/1 On 50%+ shooting the last 5 games. All of a sudden the Timberwolves are looking to have a very nice young core with Shabazz Muhammed and Gorgui Dieng. They could be pretty great in 2-3 years if they stay healthy and together. If Anthony Bennett somehow ends up as something resembling a solid stretch 4, even better.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Parlett316 posted:

He's right tho

Honestly I'd prefer neither plays in the ASG, especially Dwight

Blinkman987
Jul 10, 2008

Gender roles guilt me into being fat.

India and the Middle East are a few thousand km apart, so that's cool.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004

Cigar Aficionado posted:

Wiggins had a 27/9/2 with 4 steals tonight on 50% shooting and has been averaging 21/4/2/1/1 On 50%+ shooting the last 5 games. All of a sudden the Timberwolves are looking to have a very nice young core with Shabazz Muhammed and Gorgui Dieng. They could be pretty great in 2-3 years if they stay healthy and together. If Anthony Bennett somehow ends up as something resembling a solid stretch 4, even better.

They remind me a little of early days of Durant Sonics/Thunder. Like Wiggins isn't quite Durant but he still looks like he's gonna be the real deal.

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop

Cigar Aficionado posted:

Add someone from the top five of the next two drafts and they could be even better. As long as Flip doesn't blow it.

Death By The Blues
Oct 30, 2011
Okafor would be a great fit for them. They have good perimeter/individual defenders in Rubio and Wiggins so Okafor doesn't need to be a rim protector or have defenses heavily rely on him.

Death By The Blues fucked around with this message at 09:15 on Jan 2, 2015

Jack's Flow
Jun 6, 2003

Life, friends, is boring

Spoeank posted:

I think it was really important to give Cousins and the guys a chance to play for the same non-horrible coach for more than one season. And of course the organization blew it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BIZORT
Jan 24, 2003

Lavoy Allen plays 20 mins a game and gets 3 offensive boards per game

Russell Westbrook leads the league in PER

chunkles posted:

Is anyone else using ballstreams+chromecast and having issues with it randomly stopping?

That was basically my entire experience with it. I gave up on it, put a freeze on my account and went back to League Pass. Much better already

I really want to support ballstreams but god drat, it's been the same issues all season long and I'm just tired of it

BIZORT fucked around with this message at 14:25 on Jan 2, 2015

• Locked thread