Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations
Morey started crying on twitter today about Dwight and Harden's all star votes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

IcePhoenix posted:

Memphis probably makes the most sense if you want to do as little realignment as possible, though

I wish that New Orleans was in the Southeast instead of Washington. In this situation I don't know what team would go West but it'd be fun to see New Orleans try to make rivalries with Charlotte and Atlanta.

Edit: The only way I could imagine this happening is two expansion teams added to the West, New Orleans moving to the East, OKC joining the best division, and one of the new West teams being Seattle.

Spacebump fucked around with this message at 21:41 on Jan 2, 2015

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Squinty posted:

https://vine.co/v/OdqVYZj29aK I guess? Still makes no sense.

Why would Scott tell Lin not to foul in that situation?

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

I wish Jabari Parker was healthy and that the Bucks had Larry Sanders from 2 seasons ago.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Steve Kyler has been making it seem like Larry Sanders is dealing with some bad real life issues, so I'm sure that's a big part of why he wants to stop playing bball right now. Hopefully he can work it out and do whatever is best for him and his family.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

If the Thunder trade Jackson and end up with Waiters, they must not be serious about getting back into the playoffs.

Spacebump fucked around with this message at 01:47 on Jan 6, 2015

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

WhyteRyce posted:

And someone was just making fun of the Knicks for paying Phil Jackson $12M a year

This trade would help but it won't balance out the Tyson Chandler trade. (Until Phil steals Marc Gasol in the offseason.)

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Jermaine O'Neal is getting ready for the season.
http://instagram.com/p/xemt0-HK2k/

I hope he ends up on the Mavs. Wouldn't be shocked if he ended up with the Cavs since they can offer him more money.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Nick Young, swaggy racist.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Now that the Cavs have traded more picks, it would be even funnier if LeBron and Love left in the offseason. I guess it's a good thing they aren't the Cavs' picks.

Spacebump fucked around with this message at 00:26 on Jan 8, 2015

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Terry Glenn posted:

Dion Waiters wanted to wear 13 in OKC, but they wouldn't let him because of James Harden lol.

This reminds me of when Darren Collison was denied from using #2 in Dallas by the equipment manager. He must not care anymore though since Felton is currently using it.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

If the Hawks won a title would they finally get a decent fan base?

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

HOTLANTA MAN posted:

I'm a decent fan :smith:

You're not just a decent fan, you're a great fan. Without you, we wouldn't have gotten such great info on Tinder night. The fan base needs more fans like you.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

OH WORD SON posted:

https://mobile.twitter.com/ZachLowe_NBA/status/553689970230456320

Denver sending Wilson chandler to Portland for something and a pick, I guess?

The Western Conference playoffs are going to be a bloodbath.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

hitze posted:

Mavs have a super not great record against Western conference playoff teams so far

Ignore the games without Rondo.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

hitze posted:

1-1 if you count that win against the Spurs where they played these people only

.500 is good!

Mavs won that game with gutted depth and a starting point guard that had maybe 1 practice with the team. Either the Suns or Thunder will be a playoff team so really 2-1 or 1-2. The Mavs are still building chemistry and (assuming no major injuries) should be a better in a few months than they are now. The record isn't great either way but it's also not enough information to really mean anything yet.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

roundmidnight posted:

Now is not the time to be a cool selfless team guy, Jose. Get the hell outta Dodge and onto a contender.

It's possible that he just enjoys living in New York.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

I still think Jose would have been a fun addition to last year's Pacers.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Doltos posted:

Huh so Jeff Green is heading to Memphis and I think the Celtics are getting Austin Rivers and Prince?

Rumor has it Rivers will be headed to the Clipper, clearing the way for a Crawford trade.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

straight up brolic posted:

he's the most responsible imo. turned them from a bottom 10 defensive team to a top 5 one. Kerr has basically said that he hasn't change the scheme at all too.

I'm sure he did help the defense get better, however they also kept adding good defensive players to the roster.

Wikipedia says the Warriors are dropping Golden State from the name in a few years and going back to being called the San Francisco Warriors. I knew they were moving to the city but had no idea about the name change. They are going to kill their awesome home court environment.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

I just realized the funniest outcome of the season (that won't happen but I can still dream) would be the Pistons winning the Finals vs the Rockets.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

glowing-fish posted:

By chance, I got these at the post office today:

I am very jealous of these. I might have to go to the Post Office tomorrow. I can't remember the last time I did that. The size of those stamps is great.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Igor Strelkov posted:

What about other countries,
France: Tony Parker, Batum, Gobert/Diaw?

Spain: Rubio/Navarro/Gasol

Australia: Exum, Ingles/Bogut

Germany: Schroeder, ?, Nowitzki

Switzerland: ?/Deng/Capela

The Balkans would all ahve good teams but I forget which guys are from which countries ( sorry to my Serbian brothers)

Canada could have Nash/Wiggins/Thompson

Brazil: Barbosa/Caboclo/Varejao-our other big hair friend

Germany could use Kaman. Deng plays for the British team but Switzerland could be Sefolosha, Cappella, and Vucevic or Kanter. (If the last two didn't play for other countries already.)

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

euphronius posted:

Is 3x3 full court?

No, assuming they use FIBA rules.
http://www.fiba.com/pages/eng/fc/3x3/inside3x3/p/openNodeIDs/23267/selNodeID/23267/3x3-rules-of-the-game.html

"The game is played on a basketball half-court between two teams of three players. Baskets scored from inside the arc (including free-throws) are worth one point, while those scored from beyond are worth two.

Pick-up games can be played as a race to three, seven, nine, 15 or 21 points.

In official games and events, games last 10 minutes, or until the first team reaches 21 points, and once a team gains possession of the ball it has 12 seconds to attempt a shot. The clock is stopped for all dead-ball situations and restarts as soon as it is in the offensive team’s hands. In case scores are equal after regular time, overtime will be played until the first team scores two points."

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Fight Club Sandwich posted:

Street Vol. 2 was about blocks and dunks. Spurs were the best team by a big margin since they were the only team with 2 bigs

That Mavs were great in that game because they were unstoppable from three. Maybe the best NBA team in that was the Shaq Kobe Lakers. Shaq would send everyone to the ground when he dunked on them, it was like a cheat code. I also like that Street 2 had 3 versions of Jordan.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Nate Robinson was bought out. I wonder where he will end up.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dexo posted:

Welp, Bulls are dead. When does the Cubs Spring training start?

According to Back to the Future 2, the Cubs win the World Series this season.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Metapod posted:

OKC with a post scorer would be unstoppable. This needs to happen/Lopez needs to stay healthy for the rest of the season

You forget that Lopez has bones made of paper.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

I feel like Terry used to shoot better in the 4th q. It feels like Monta does but I haven't actually looked at anything that proves it one way or the other. (And am too lazy to check because I'm phone posting.)

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

chunkles posted:

One day I will regale my grandchildren with tales of Reggie Evans, the man who could only rebound

He can also grab other player's balls and cause his whole team to tickle him on court after a win.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

If Sanders gets bought out why would he go anywhere that isn't Cleveland? Can't they offer the most money?

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Niwrad posted:

For the sake of Anthony Davis I hope they do fire Monty soon.

Are you ready for Avery Johnson to coach the Pelicans?

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

PantsFreeZone posted:

But you want to give a max to Jimmy Butler.

I'd rather have Draymond Green than Jimmy Butler.

Forbes magazine ranked the Top 10 Best NBA Fans:

1. Miami Heat
2. Oklahoma City Thunder
3. San Antonio Spurs
4. Chicago Bulls
5. Los Angeles Lakers
6. Boston Celtics
7. (tie) Dallas Mavericks
7. (tie) Indiana Pacers
9. Portland Trail Blazers
10. Los Angeles Clippers

Article: http://www.forbes.com/sites/christinasettimi/2015/01/21/the-nbas-best-fans/3/

At least they were able to get people rowdy with their fan up letter.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Noctone posted:

Doesn't matter who's in it if they follow the same insanely unfun format from last year.

That's the truth. We need individual players competing without fan voting or sponsored props. (Props are ok as long as they don't pay for Griffin/the player to win the dunk contest in advance.)

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

"The Milwaukee Bucks' Giannis Antetokounmpo and Orlando Magic's Victor Oladipo have committed to participating in the All-Star Weekend Slam Dunk contest, league sources told Yahoo Sports.

Brooklyn Nets center Mason Plumlee and Minnesota Timberwolves rookie Zach LaVine also will be a part of the competition, sources told Yahoo Sports."

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/sources--antetokounmpo--oladipo--plumlee-in-dunk-contest-205223454.html

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

"Marc J. Spears @SpearsNBAYahoo · 32m 32 minutes ago
NBA says that Rising Stars Challenge on 2/13 will now have 1st & 2nd year players from USA play 1st & 2nd year players from the World."
https://twitter.com/SpearsNBAYahoo/status/558029509161930752

This has me a little more excited about the game. Are there enough 1st and 2nd year World players for this to work well this year?

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

chunkles posted:

I would prefer a regular gladiator style contest where Blake Griffin is eaten by a starved tiger

Unlike the soft big men of today, Wilt would kill the tiger with his bare hands.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Metapod posted:

has the city of atlanta even started to act like they care about the hawks?

They've sold out their last 6-8 games.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Marion should probably be in the hall of fame but just barely. Also, he played better D on LeBron in the Finals than any other player. (It was a team effort but he played a huge part.)

How many contenders do y'all see in the West if the Thunder make the 8th seed? I think all 8 teams (of course some are better than others) could potentially make the Finals out of the West if they get the right matchups/peak at the right time. This could look a lot different come playoff time depending on injuries.

Spacebump fucked around with this message at 19:36 on Jan 22, 2015

• Locked thread