Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who wins the main event?
This poll is closed.
JBJ defends 60 28.17%
DC wins 102 47.89%
We the fans 51 23.94%
Total: 213 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Yuriy
Dec 25, 2006

Pay no attention to me, for I am a stupid cunt.
someone photoshop titodick behind him so it looks like naked grinning tito is loving jon jones because i will giggle

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

Here's the thing, I'm a feminist.

handsome only face
Apr 22, 2010

Cockroach went out of the room in anger. And roach's go to empty room...

Cockroache's Anarchist

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

Erz
Sep 9, 2004

idk

Man it'd own if Jon Jones lost this fight. But he's going to win probably. gently caress.

Eustace
Feb 26, 2009
Gas this thread immediately

Meowbot
Oct 12, 2005

I havent had a plrecription for my eyes in years so the other day I went and got a new one and it hasnt changed. The doctor was like why havent you seen us in 4 years? I told them im scared of op tomietris when the air shoots into your eyes and dilation. They told me my eyes cold get worse....
jeusus dont quit your day jobs guys

this is why the photoshop funny threads dont usually leak into the MMA one but the dragon one is cool

Bubba Smith
Sep 27, 2004

Is tonight the greatest moment in Dominick Cruz's life?

No.

The greatest moment in my life was realizing that I didn't need a belt to be happy.

handsome only face
Apr 22, 2010

Cockroach went out of the room in anger. And roach's go to empty room...

Cockroache's Anarchist

Meowbot posted:

this is why the photoshop funny threads dont usually leak into the MMA one but the dragon one is cool

Shuyt the gently caress up !

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

too dumb to be probated; not too dumb to be autobanned
looking forward to a fun fight and true test of which of these fighters has more Dad Strength

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.

maffew buildings posted:

looking forward to a fun fight and true test of which of these fighters has more Dad Strength

do feelings of crushing inadequacy make illegitimate kids weigh more?

Meowbot
Oct 12, 2005

I havent had a plrecription for my eyes in years so the other day I went and got a new one and it hasnt changed. The doctor was like why havent you seen us in 4 years? I told them im scared of op tomietris when the air shoots into your eyes and dilation. They told me my eyes cold get worse....
I missed the countdown with cerrone & jury. This is a fight that is pretty exciting. Forgot how bad Jury beat Sanchez. This is a tough fight to call but am really hoping Jury wins since Cerrone already had a shot at the champ and got taken out with a body kick.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Jury is often overlooked at lightweight but the kids a fuckin' killer. Cerrone might be too much for him but I think it'll be a closer fight than most expect.

Also DC is going to do to jones what Velasquez did to Dos Santos.

kensei
Dec 27, 2007

He has come home, where he belongs. The Ancient Mariner returns to lead his first team to glory, forever and ever. Amen!

Eustace posted:

Gas this thread immediately

Meowbot posted:

Pretend these posters are Jon Jones and boo them!

BOOOOOOO

Fat Twitter Man
Jan 24, 2007

by R. Guyovich
Cerrone vs Jury and Jones vs DC are both coinflip type of fights and I think there's money to be made on Jury and Cormier. For people who are dumb enough to bet on MMA.

(in retrospect the outcome of either fight is going to seem obvious)

Queering Wheel
Jun 18, 2011

Jury is a very talented prospect, but Cerrone has been tearing through much better fighters, while Jury has been given a hard time by some of the fighters he's faced. I don't see Cerrone losing this one, and his line's pretty good right now at about -150. I would jump on it.

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

Edit: I was going to replace Sigourney Weaver with Daniel Cormier but I couldn't find a picture of him crying -- I guess I'll have to wait until tomorrow!

DoombatINC fucked around with this message at 06:47 on Jan 3, 2015

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!
Herber faster better stronger

Only registered members can see post attachments!

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything
Hey Lloyd Boner I didn't forget about our 30 day probation bet.

DC is gonna get spanked.

shadow puppet of a
Jan 10, 2007

NO TENGO SCORPIO

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

BlindSite posted:

Also DC is going to do to jones what Velasquez did to Dos Santos.

I wish

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

"I AINT DYING! Choo choo motherfucker!"
:toot::birddrugs::toot:

Meowbot posted:

Cerrone already had a shot at the champ and got taken out with a body kick.

Cerrone fights about every month so can you refresh my memory on what this is referencing?

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

pettis did a showtime to cowboy and he fell down, it was like the pettis fight before bendo i think? so 2007

Lloyd Boner
Oct 11, 2009

Yes officer, my name is Victoria Sonnen...berg

-Atom- posted:

Hey Lloyd Boner I didn't forget about our 30 day probation bet.

DC is gonna get spanked.

Yea

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

maffew buildings posted:

pettis did a showtime to cowboy and he fell down, it was like the pettis fight before bendo i think? so 2007

God damnit I can't keep this poo poo straight anymore. The years of alcoholism didn't help.

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

Captain Log posted:

God damnit I can't keep this poo poo straight anymore. The years of alcoholism didn't help.

pretty sure crippling alcoholism is one of the most solid foundations for becoming an obsessive MMA fan

Ty1990
Apr 22, 2011

Lmao I'm not sure what DC was going for at the weigh in. I think he was just really pissed off and ended up doing something that didn't make a whole lot of sense in frustration. "Eat some food" from Jon at the rules meetings reeks of the same thing.

I can't wait for this loving fight.

Dangersim
Sep 4, 2011

:qq:He expended too much energy and got tired:qq:

I'M NOT SURPRISED MOTHERFUCKERS

maffew buildings posted:

pretty sure crippling alcoholism is one of the most solid foundations for becoming an obsessive MMA fan

If you didn't get into mma by watching Pride while nodding out I don't know man

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu: sometimes passing just isn't an option.

lol

Neurosis
Jun 10, 2003
Fallen Rib

kensei posted:

Pretend these posters are Jon Jones and boo them!

BOOOOOOO

the photoshops were absolutely terrible

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.

Neurosis posted:

the photoshops were absolutely terrible

i appreciate any sort of effort put into posts here, even if they don't tickle my funny bone

kensei
Dec 27, 2007

He has come home, where he belongs. The Ancient Mariner returns to lead his first team to glory, forever and ever. Amen!

Marching Powder posted:

i appreciate any sort of effort put into posts here, even if they don't tickle my funny bone

Glad you liked it. It was a fun little distraction for a Friday night, no big deal.

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
I'm just surprised no-one did JBJ holding his penis.

Meowbot
Oct 12, 2005

Captain Log posted:

Cerrone fights about every month so can you refresh my memory on what this is referencing?

maffew buildings posted:

No this was in 2013 but guess he wasn't the champ but it was still a good indicator of how the fight would go down again possibly. Pettis rules.

It was one of the coolest body kick KOs.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U2wdpxlVNic

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!

This is incredible

Grandmaster.flv
Jun 24, 2011
Pettis did a pretty cool off the cage knee strike too.

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

Meowbot posted:

No this was in 2013 but guess he wasn't the champ but it was still a good indicator of how the fight would go down again possibly. Pettis rules.

It was one of the coolest body kick KOs.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U2wdpxlVNic

Fuuuuuuck I forgot about that. While I love Cerrone and his "live life hard, have fun, give no fucks" attitude I can't imagine the toxins that flushed into his system. He must of felt like he died.

Neurosis
Jun 10, 2003
Fallen Rib

terrible except for this one

hump day bitches!
Apr 3, 2011

Captain Log posted:

Fuuuuuuck I forgot about that. While I love Cerrone and his "live life hard, have fun, give no fucks" attitude I can't imagine the toxins that flushed into his system. He must of felt like he died.

The vagus nerve being crushed by pettis has more to do than any toxins.That thing transmits a bunch of pain to the brain and effectively shuts down breathing and some motor functions.Punching the head is sexy and gets you a cool highlight reel but hitting livershots is a thing a beauty .

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

Lamadrid posted:

The vagus nerve being crushed by pettis has more to do than any toxins.That thing transmits a bunch of pain to the brain and effectively shuts down breathing and some motor functions.Punching the head is sexy and gets you a cool highlight reel but hitting livershots is a thing a beauty .

I also thought a good liver shot basically flushed your system with every toxin your liver was processing from the past few months. Which would make it extra nasty for the Cerrone party hard types. Then again I only have heard medical science behind liver shots from ten years of following this ridiculous sport.

All interesting info.

• Locked thread