Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who wins the main event?
This poll is closed.
JBJ defends 60 28.17%
DC wins 102 47.89%
We the fans 51 23.94%
Total: 213 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
TheCool69
Sep 23, 2011

Marching Powder posted:

i said it in the december thread but will reiterate it here: gustaffson gave a very good blueprint on how to neutralise a lot of jon's favorite toys. dc and his entire camp will be cognizant of this. dc is a tough mother fucker and incredibly strong, but he hasn't really been tested, this leaves dc as something of an unknown quantity. he is a fat middleweight that trains as a literal, actual equal with cain velasquez. imagine if cain was fighting jon. what would your opinion be?

i'm betting on jon because the odds are great, but i will not be at all surprised if cormier wins, or loses a close decision. i believe it will be a lot closer than a lot of goons predict.

I feel that looking for Gustafsson fight for a blueprint is not going to help DC, since he wont have the height/reach that Gustafsson had helping him, so he cant punch over Jon's hands.

I'm thinking that this fight will look more like the Rashad/Rampage fights where Jones neutralised their strengths and in rampages case left him puncing air.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheCool69
Sep 23, 2011

Marching Powder posted:

The principles of what Gus laid out aren't solely dependant on height and reach. Their assets are fundamentally different but Jones is the constant. Jones has been neutralised and Cormier and his camp are aware of how, and will adapt it to his skills etched are talking about a tiny heavyweight capable of bullying heavyweights, who trains with the best heavyweight in the world. I'm not saying Cormier is comparable to Rashad or rampage, because their careers have been so different that it would be impossible. But ask me 'could Rashad or rampage bully legit top 10 heavyweights and there would be a serious question mark there. DC is unknown, and powerful, that is all.

This was a good post. Thank you.

Btw some jokester made this picture. Childish i know.

TheCool69
Sep 23, 2011

savinhill posted:

This was one of the supercards that got hosed up by injuries, right? What fights were supposed to be on this back when it was first announced?

Not really. Ronda/Cat was booked for this card for a short while but it got moved pretty quickly

TheCool69
Sep 23, 2011
Lombard was talking about fighting Matt Brown on the Australian card and Dana said he was interested on the idea. This was before the fight though.

• Locked thread