Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who wins the main event?
This poll is closed.
JBJ defends 60 28.17%
DC wins 102 47.89%
We the fans 51 23.94%
Total: 213 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu: sometimes passing just isn't an option.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=semnZPSD6aU#t=83

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

Centripetal Horse posted:

Three-to-one for DC over Jones in this poll? I think a lot of those are "wish" votes rather than "believe" votes.

There's been an awful lot of smack-talking and heat between those two. What happens when Jones inevitably beats Cormier and walks out with the belt still in his hands? Does Cormier acknowledge that Jones is the better fighter, or does he make excuses, or does he just make vague noises about going back to the drawing board? For that matter, what does he do if he wins? Does he do one of those annoying suddenly-gracious fakey about-faces, or does he gloat and keep stoking the fire?

1)lol
2)http://podcastone.com/downloadsecur...zcyNDAqKnw=.mp3

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

On Chael's podcast, DC made a really good point that when Chael bumrushed Jones he kind of looked scared and threw shots without looking. There were moments in the Gus fight where he did the same thing, so DC is probably looking to bully his way inside and then keep the pressure on.

I don't have any doubts that Cain would take down Jones and loving maul him if they ever fought.

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

CommonShore posted:

My inclination is to think that DC will have at least one other strategy going in addition to the bumrushes. If Jones has shown anything, it's that he's good at adjusting to an opponent's strategy and finding a way to win, even if he's made uncomfortable.

I can't remember a single adjustment Jones has ever made in a fight where his opponent found success early on.

Against Vitor he got his arm tweaked but consistently applied pressure until Vitor's brain broke, per usual.
Against Chael he took him down and then realized he really was a better fighter than a middleweight non-champion.
Against Gus he only started finding success as Gus started slowing down.

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

lol

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

God mma fans are so weird, caring about a thing that they like

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

lol Joe Silva is completing his tape collection 20 years later, he just had to make the UFC a success so that they could buy everything.

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

I watched this with a bunch of people including a girl i was trying to have sex with

the fights were bad, so bad, and the main event was very deflating. for my penis.

gently caress you jon jones

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

Marching Powder posted:

jones could probably gently caress yo girl right now

she's pretty racist tho

Intruder posted:

I failed to get laid, must be Jon Jones's fault

;)

agreed

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

i agree, an asian girl named ellie is missing out on 2 minutes of bad sex right now

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

she flipped the double bird when they announced 49-46 even though i was all welp cormier only had one convincing round he might've lost the other 4

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

also i hate myles jury and i'm glad he lost, but goddamn this was a bad card imo

• Locked thread