Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

"I was being quiet and trying to be a good boy but he dialed the right combination to open the throw-down vault and it was on."

"Walter Foxx is ten times brighter than your bulb at the bottom of the tree merry xmas"

Seltzer posted:

I don't like watching Jon Jones fight because his game is built on dangerous cheating that stifles everyone's stand up who isn't also freakishly long (all of LHW but Gus). Many more fighters would have highlight reels of impressive finishes if they had freakish arms that they poked their opponents with at will. It's easier to land a spinning elbow on someone who's timing has been put off and their vision obscured.

Cyrille Diabate vs Jon Jones

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Schenck v. U.S.
Sep 8, 2010
Like all right-thinking Americans, I too hate Jon Jones, but when I read people saying he isn't a good and entertaining fighter it just confuses me. He does cool poo poo all the time in his fights, don't let your hate for him as a person prevent you from enjoying cool fight poo poo. You're only punishing yourself.

TheCool69
Sep 23, 2011
Is there any info what the tomorrows Fight Pass announcement is? Known bullshitartist FRB tweeted

quote:

@FrontRowBrian: The @UFCFightPass announcement is pretty cool. I think everyone will like it. More value for your dollar.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!
Some kind of fox agreement to get their cards on there too?

wooger
Apr 16, 2005

YOU RESENT?
Omari looks like he's been training with Mousasi, in his UFC PIC

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002

TheCool69 posted:

Is there any info what the tomorrows Fight Pass announcement is? Known bullshitartist FRB tweeted

I know Jeff Osborne sold them like 20 years worth of his tape library, probably a lot of content acquisition from various sources

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

"I was being quiet and trying to be a good boy but he dialed the right combination to open the throw-down vault and it was on."

"Walter Foxx is ten times brighter than your bulb at the bottom of the tree merry xmas"
Chael Sonnen wrote a thing about taking All the Drugs

It's interesting.

kensei
Dec 27, 2007

He has come home, where he belongs. The Ancient Mariner returns to lead his first team to glory, forever and ever. Amen!

Chael continues to own

Tacky-Ass Rococco
Sep 7, 2010

by R. Guyovich

Man, he writes elegantly. Not just "for an athlete," either. Too bad about the mortgage kickbacks and the PEDs. Chael is his own worst enemy.

Viper_3000
Apr 26, 2005

I could give a shit about all that.

Jack of Hearts posted:

Man, he writes elegantly. Not just "for an athlete," either. Too bad about the mortgage kickbacks and the PEDs. Chael is his own worst enemy.

Chael's book is really entertaining until he his off on that rant about Nixon being the greatest president ever or whatever wacky poo poo he threw in the middle of that book I had to skip. It's a shame he's stuck on 90 second ESPN sound bites now because he was also entertaining on FS1's UFC coverage.

fanged wang
Nov 1, 2014

by Ralp

quote:

I actually first took PEDs when I was 12 years old when they were prescribed to me by my family doctor to combat certain developmental problems. I never told anyone I was taking them — mostly because of the stigma and ridicule I knew would come along with it.

hmmm... microdick?

Detroit_Dogg
Feb 2, 2008
Aaron Rodgers is gay and lame and oh please cum in me Aaron PLEASE I NEED IT OH STAFFORD YOUR COCK IS NOT WORTHY ONLY THE GAYEST RODGERS PRICK CAN SATISFY MY DESPERATE THROAT
His balls don't work

fanged wang
Nov 1, 2014

by Ralp
i hope no one was checking chael's sperm count at age 12

Schenck v. U.S.
Sep 8, 2010

Viper_3000 posted:

Chael's book is really entertaining until he his off on that rant about Nixon being the greatest president ever or whatever wacky poo poo he threw in the middle of that book I had to skip.

Last year there was a big news story because it was confirmed and documented that Nixon had literally committed treason--his 1968 campaign committee leaked information to the North Vietnamese and convinced them from not to come to a peace agreement before the election, because his strategy depended on the war continuing. My father-in-law thinks Nixon is the best president ever and did not care when that story came out. This is a man who earned a purple heart in Vietnam, was union for decades, and consistently voted Democratic since '92. Nixon has a weird pull on people.

shizen
Dec 29, 2006

The timing of this article right before ufc 182 can't be a coincidence. He basically took the stance a lot of athletes who get caught and said that everyone takes them and many abuse them more then me. While probably true its not changing anything.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!
I was prescribed steroids at the same age, maybe younger. I was too young to really get what it was about but I've always been a small dude.

No microdick tho

MacDougall
Apr 21, 2008

Definitely Australian
Steroids help you with microdick?

Grandmaster.flv
Jun 24, 2011

MacDougall posted:

Steroids help you with microdick?

If you're a grown adult then it's too late for you

fanged wang
Nov 1, 2014

by Ralp
im still a big chael fan, even if he has trouble with conception due to his medically small penis. he's a hoot.

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

"I AINT DYING! Choo choo motherfucker!"
:toot::birddrugs::toot:

Read that Chael article everyone. It's awesome and worth your time.

(It isn't that long if you have the attention span of Boo Radley)

TheRationalRedditor
Jul 17, 2000

WHO ABUSED HIM. WHO ABUSED THE BOY.
This is an outstanding piece. All the smallball jokes in the internet can't stop Cheater Chael's Chronically Charismatic Cojones.

hump day bitches!
Apr 3, 2011

I Didn't find it that good.Felt weird that his code had no steroids at the top and the proceeded to do testosterone replacement therapy which is the most awesome one there is.Steroids is an entire family of compounds with different characteristics so I just don't get that point.Any kind of PED supplementation requires careful monitoring and dosage to achieve optimal results without any kind a lasting damage so I suppose that when he says that he's rallying against the most dirty and amateurish aspects of PED and doping.Things like overdosage because you don't see results or don't bother checking your cycle or accepting stuff from a stranger (I've seen this thing in particular , a police men passing testosterone doses around like candy and people accepting it) incomplete cycles without the proper medicaments to restart your balls or to balance your estrogens.

I simply don't get the point of the article.

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.

Lamadrid posted:

I simply don't get the point of the article.

a high-level self-professed cheater gives his thoughts on a topic he is extremely familiar with? don't go looking for subtext (aside from undisclosed medical reasons clearly meaning tiny grapes) because there isn't any layers here. he's speaking on a topic. take what you want from it, imo. poo poo if nothing else the prose is good.

ICHIBAHN
Feb 21, 2007

by Cyrano4747
Everyone's seen the video of Jones taking in a stupid English accent yeah?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MDaJYxxTgK0
MDaJYxxTgK0

niethan
Nov 22, 2005

Don't be scared, homie!

ICHIBAHN posted:

Everyone's seen the video of Jones taking in a stupid English accent yeah?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MDaJYxxTgK0
MDaJYxxTgK0

Jon ... Jowns?

Ditch
Jul 29, 2003

Backdrop Hunger
UFC has added more promotion libraries to FightPass:
-CageRage
-Extreme Challenge
-XFO
-Hook-n-Shoot
-King of the Cage
-Pancrase

handsome only face
Apr 22, 2010

Cockroach went out of the room in anger. And roach's go to empty room...

Cockroache's Anarchist

they acquired them but they won't be added until spring

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu: sometimes passing just isn't an option.
Yeah it took the UFC about 4-5 months to get the UFC library added to Fight Pass, and about half of it was already digitized and ready to serve.

TheCool69
Sep 23, 2011

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

It's no longer a blue world, Max. Where could we go?

On a somewhat related note, does Chromecast work well with Fight Pass and the Fox Sports Go app? I'm going to be without a computer for a while so I want to be able to stream to my tv from my tablet, and I know Chromecast had problems with Fight Pass at least at first so I want to make sure I get the right thing.

raingwc
Feb 28, 2008

Bluedeanie posted:

On a somewhat related note, does Chromecast work well with Fight Pass and the Fox Sports Go app? I'm going to be without a computer for a while so I want to be able to stream to my tv from my tablet, and I know Chromecast had problems with Fight Pass at least at first so I want to make sure I get the right thing.

Wish I could answer you, being I actually have and use Chromecast daily, aswell as subscribing to fight pass, but I havent tried it out yet.

hrollins
May 20, 2003
Radio Friendly Unit Shifter

Ditch posted:

-CageRage
-Extreme Challenge
-XFO
-Hook-n-Shoot
-King of the Cage
-Pancrase

That's a lot of tape libraries, good on them. Now get Metamoris.

fatherdog
Feb 16, 2005

We have got to do a group PSP viewing of KOTC 7: Wet and Wild, because it is peak B-league in the funniest way possible

Street Horrrsing
Mar 24, 2010

Godwalker of The Grateful Prisoner

quote:

Sources from Japan have noted negotiations have taken place over the past months involving trying to acquire the tape library of K-1, which would include the highest profile kickboxing events of the last two decades, as well as MMA shows that aired on network television in Japan under the banner of Dream and Hero's.

That would be rad as heck, and I hope they branch into having kickboxing in some form on fightpass.

Also, after the fiasco with cung le, the ufc has announced they're ending their out of competition drug testing program. Even though Cung Le was incriminated with a post fight test. Better stop doing those too!

fatherdog
Feb 16, 2005

Street Horrrsing posted:

That would be rad as heck, and I hope they branch into having kickboxing in some form on fightpass.

Also, after the fiasco with cung le, the ufc has announced they're ending their out of competition drug testing program. Even though Cung Le was incriminated with a post fight test. Better stop doing those too!

There's been a lot of confusion about the announcement but it looks like out of competition testing is still going to happen, but rather than doing it directly the UFC is going to pay the athletic commissions to do it.

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002

Street Horrrsing posted:

the k-1 library rights are fragmented as gently caress and i'm not even sure the court cases about it got resolved. if they could do a deal with both fuji and tbs then they could get the wgp shows and max, which would be cool. there's also a k-1 japan league at the moment who run exclusively on nicovideo, if that was available on fight pass i'd watch it in a heartbeat.

Fozzy The Bear
Dec 11, 1999

Nothing much, watching the game, drinking a bud
Anthony Pettis vs RDA in march in texas!!

Tacky-Ass Rococco
Sep 7, 2010

by R. Guyovich

Fozzy The Bear posted:

Anthony Pettis vs RDA in march in texas!!

Good thinking by the UFC, they've gotta strike while the iron is hot with Pettis.

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

"I AINT DYING! Choo choo motherfucker!"
:toot::birddrugs::toot:

fatherdog posted:

We have got to do a group PSP viewing of KOTC 7: Wet and Wild, because it is peak B-league in the funniest way possible

Can we get a goon commentary? I promise you none of us know what happens and will be just as surprised as everyone else.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Food Court Druid
Jul 17, 2007

Boredom is always counter-revolutionary. Always.

Ditch posted:

-CageRage
-Extreme Challenge
-XFO
-Hook-n-Shoot
-King of the Cage
-Pancrase

Apparently the deal allows the promotions that still exist to broadcast live events on Fight Pass, so we could theoretically see a modern-day KOTC or Pancrase show on UFC television. Amazing.

• Locked thread