Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dangersim
Sep 4, 2011

:qq:He expended too much energy and got tired:qq:

I'M NOT SURPRISED MOTHERFUCKERS
Jon Jones is probably really happy right now :smith:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fatherdog
Feb 16, 2005
UFC February: Blackzilian History Month

Tezcatlipoca
Sep 18, 2009

Saints Crow posted:

UFC February: Bigfoot Sightings, and Ladies Fighting

fatherdog posted:

I like these.

Bubba Smith
Sep 27, 2004

Is tonight the greatest moment in Dominick Cruz's life?

No.

The greatest moment in my life was realizing that I didn't need a belt to be happy.

fatherdog posted:

this one is good and is sort of a dig at Vitor too.

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
Has Arlovski been cleared to fight yet? I wanna see the man have more improbable wins.

Ewar Woowar
Feb 25, 2007

UFC February: Neil Magny

Eat This Glob
Jan 14, 2008

God is dead. God remains dead. And we have killed him. Who will wipe this blood off us? What festivals of atonement, what sacred games shall we need to invent?

Dangersim posted:

Jon Jones is probably really happy right now :smith:

Arthur's not but Chandler and I am :getin:

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
In retrospect January should have been UFC Jan - Goonweight GP

kensei
Dec 27, 2007

He has come home, where he belongs. The Ancient Mariner returns to lead his first team to glory, forever and ever. Amen!

UFC Feb - No really, that is the main event, the poster is wrong

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

"I AINT DYING! Choo choo motherfucker!"
:toot::birddrugs::toot:

I'm down with Anderson retiring on a win but I wonder if he would come out much truer to form in his next fight. There were a few times I saw him get Diaz against the catch and saw him start doing some Machida like hip twitches that normally signal the beginning of the end for the opponent. I'd be curious how he fairs against anyone not named Weidman and would pick him to win. Diaz actually being smart led to Anderson not destroying him, hats off to Diaz for that.

canti32
Apr 27, 2008

Fearless in Devotion, Rising to Promotion,
Rising to the ranks of mighty heroes, Fighting foes in every land,

History only tells a story, We are to see your glory,
Stand aside the Reds are coming,
WREXHAM IS THE NAME
UFC February: We also have small ball scandals

Dangersim
Sep 4, 2011

:qq:He expended too much energy and got tired:qq:

I'M NOT SURPRISED MOTHERFUCKERS

kensei
Dec 27, 2007

He has come home, where he belongs. The Ancient Mariner returns to lead his first team to glory, forever and ever. Amen!

The Fight at the end of the Super Bowl was better than Diaz/Silva.

Bundt Cake
Aug 17, 2003
;(

fatherdog posted:

Masvidal's a lot better at not getting hit than Cerrone.

yeah I think he could beat him striking. I would favor donald but I wouldnt be surprised if masvidal had significantly b etter technique on the feet

fatherdog
Feb 16, 2005

Bundt Cake posted:

yeah I think he could beat him striking. I would favor donald but I wouldnt be surprised if masvidal had significantly b etter technique on the feet

I think Cerrone would still be pretty likely to win the striking on volume since Masvidal has a tendency to be a lazy rear end in a top hat in the ring as well as out of it. But yeah, there are definitely things Masvidal does technically better than Cowboy.

JKong
Sep 11, 2003
On average Masvidal probably gets hit less, but he's gotten knocked down in a number of his fights, like against Cruickshank, Khabilov, and somehow against Chiesa as well (and back in ancient history, he got knocked down by Damm).

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.

lol. where did you find this?

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Xenology is an unnatural mixture of science fiction and formal logic. At its core is a flawed assumption...

that an alien race would be psychologically human.

Marching Powder posted:

lol. where did you find this?

reddit probably

SquirrelGrip
Jul 4, 2012

good art

ceaselessfuture
Apr 9, 2005

"I'm thirty," I said. "I'm five years too old to lie to myself and call it honor."
maybe I just like watching bad fights or something but I legitimately loved Silva v Diaz, thought they both threw great shots and loved the shenanigans in round 1. It wasn't as good a comeback as, say, Cruz's and I definitely think Silva should either fight cans or retire, but goddamn Nick Diaz is a treasure.

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

"I AINT DYING! Choo choo motherfucker!"
:toot::birddrugs::toot:

ceaselessfuture posted:

maybe I just like watching bad fights or something but I legitimately loved Silva v Diaz, thought they both threw great shots and loved the shenanigans in round 1. It wasn't as good a comeback as, say, Cruz's and I definitely think Silva should either fight cans or retire, but goddamn Nick Diaz is a treasure.

I'm right with you. I didn't think it was a bad fight at all. Some people at work didn't like it but I was on the edge of my seat.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Captain Log posted:

I'm down with Anderson retiring on a win but I wonder if he would come out much truer to form in his next fight. There were a few times I saw him get Diaz against the catch and saw him start doing some Machida like hip twitches that normally signal the beginning of the end for the opponent. I'd be curious how he fairs against anyone not named Weidman and would pick him to win. Diaz actually being smart led to Anderson not destroying him, hats off to Diaz for that.

I don't know if we saw enough to actually comment on what kind of condition he's in. He looked kind of like he's looked against everyone who refused to lead, except Weidman ofc. He still looks like he has nothing that won't mean death via Weidman, but that's all you can say really. Though it's worth noting no one was expecting Nick to be so cautious so it makes sense Andy wasn't prepped for that kind of fight. Just my terrible opinion.

02-6611-0142-1
Sep 30, 2004

Does anybody have this Nick Diaz gif? I only recall it vaguely, but it's like he eats a kick on the inside of his front leg, and then instead of recovering he just stands there in a wide-legged stance like an idiot and then unleashes an amazing combo while slipping punches and kicks.

Ty1990
Apr 22, 2011

I enjoyed Silva/Diaz. Although I'm in a really weird stage where I don't find many fights boring. I even thought Woodley/Gastelum was okay based on how close it was late in the fight.

Mean Bean Machine
May 9, 2008

Only when I breathe.
IMO at this point Cerrone should get the next title shot after RDA, regardless of if he fights Khabib or not. He's on a monster streak, is a kind of big name and absolutely deserves it, even if he'll prob get beat as hard as he got the first time he fought Pettis.

InfiniteZero
Sep 11, 2004

PINK GUITAR FIRE ROBOT

College Slice

fatherdog posted:

This made me laugh so hard that I cried so between me and Anderson Silva, there's been a whole lot of MMA tears of joy shed over the past few days.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Mean Bean Machine posted:

IMO at this point Cerrone should get the next title shot after RDA, regardless of if he fights Khabib or not. He's on a monster streak, is a kind of big name and absolutely deserves it, even if he'll prob get beat as hard as he got the first time he fought Pettis.

Khabib is undefeated, beat the dog poo poo out of the current guy fighting for the belt, and has destroyed everyone he's fought. He also has been relentlessly trolling the champ for ducking him.

Cerrone is awesome, but he also got pretty thoroughly whomped by the champ previously. Khabib needs his shot.

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

It's no longer a blue world, Max. Where could we go?

Mr. Nice! posted:

has destroyed everyone he's fought. He also has been relentlessly trolling the champ for ducking him.

While it is true Khabib has been giving Pettis poo poo for "ducking" him, neither of these are really reality. Khabib's won all his fights pretty easily but I wouldn't say he's outright "destroyed" everyone, and Pettis has said several times he's fight Khabib — once to his face at a press conference — but the only roadblock has been injury timing for both fighters.

Fat Twitter Man
Jan 24, 2007

by R. Guyovich
This forum is accusing Vitor of taking a year off to get the steroids out of his body when he's only not fought because of Weidman's constant injuries, so we should just take Khabib's accusations as kayfabe.

Novum
May 26, 2012

That's how we roll
Wth is kayfabe?

Novum
May 26, 2012

That's how we roll
Is like urijahfabe?

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Bluedeanie posted:

While it is true Khabib has been giving Pettis poo poo for "ducking" him, neither of these are really reality. Khabib's won all his fights pretty easily but I wouldn't say he's outright "destroyed" everyone, and Pettis has said several times he's fight Khabib — once to his face at a press conference — but the only roadblock has been injury timing for both fighters.

I was in the arena and had been drinking during the RDA fight so I can't recall the fight with crystal clarity, but I would like you to find a better term for what he did to Abel Trujillo if destroyed isn't appropriate.

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

"I was being quiet and trying to be a good boy but he dialed the right combination to open the throw-down vault and it was on."

"Walter Foxx is ten times brighter than your bulb at the bottom of the tree merry xmas"

Mr. Nice! posted:

I was in the arena and had been drinking during the RDA fight so I can't recall the fight with crystal clarity, but I would like you to find a better term for what he did to Abel Trujillo if destroyed isn't appropriate.

I wasn't drinking at all that night, and yeah, he ragdolled Two Anuses pretty thoroughly.

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

It's no longer a blue world, Max. Where could we go?

Mr. Nice! posted:

Missed weight and failed to hold down non-wrestler Abel Trujillo despite claiming he did that totally on purpose so he could get a UFC record?

Like yeah he's definitely won all his fights clearly but my point was not all of them were destruction. The Healy fight comes to mind. I do think he'd have a reasonable shot at beating Pettis by wrestling as that's Pettis' bad spot but if the fight looks at all like Trujillo or Healy he's gonna be in for a rough night.

Bluedeanie fucked around with this message at 17:32 on Feb 2, 2015

Schenck v. U.S.
Sep 8, 2010

Bluedeanie posted:

Missed weight and failed to hold down non-wrestler Able Trujillo

Trujillo is a four-time NAIA all-american. Granted, it's not exactly NCAA Division I, but come on.

tesilential
Nov 22, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Mr. Nice! posted:

I would like you to find a better term for what he did to Abel Trujillo if destroyed isn't appropriate.

Bothered

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

He obviously wasn't trying to hold Trujillo down. He was just taking him down, standing up, and dumping him on his rear end over and over because Trujillo had absolutely no way to stop it. Nurmagomedov broke Trujillo's spirit in front of our eyes. By the third round he's looking at the ref for any type of escape. Instead he's picked up and dumped over and over again. It was magical.

I'm rewatching the fight now and almost done with round 1. Nurmagomedov never lets go of his grip around Trujillo other than to throw the occasional punch. He isn't at all trying to keep him down. He's deliberately chain throwing him.

tesilential
Nov 22, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Khabib deserves a shot but so did TJ grant. No sympathy for perpetually injured no names.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Khabib got injured because God Hate Suplexers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Who Gotch Ya
Jun 27, 2003

streetdoctors.com
Yes, we are hybrid rappers.
My scorecard for Diaz/Silva:
code:
Diaz | Silva
--------------
 209 |    0
   9 |   10