Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
kensei
Dec 27, 2007

He has come home, where he belongs. The Ancient Mariner returns to lead his first team to glory, forever and ever. Amen!

Making threads is a pain in the rear end

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kensei
Dec 27, 2007

He has come home, where he belongs. The Ancient Mariner returns to lead his first team to glory, forever and ever. Amen!

Chael continues to own

kensei
Dec 27, 2007

So does this JBJ performance against DC mean that maybe Jon might have a shot at heavyweight? I can't tell, but the fact that Cormier was an effective HW makes me wonder.

kensei
Dec 27, 2007

rrrrrrrrrrrt posted:

These McGregor vs. Siver promos are so hilariously one-sided.

I just saw today that Benson is on that card via a commercial on during the NFL game and I had no idea until now.

kensei
Dec 27, 2007

Ewar Woowar posted:

Have any of Jones' opponents had anything but outright dislike for the guy?

Also I'm glad Cowboy and Brown isn't real. I would like Brown to fight Rory and Cowboy to fight Nate again

In what world does Nate deserve a shot at Cowboy? Donald should be getting a top 3 dude to set up his title shot.

kensei
Dec 27, 2007

JBJ turning white, starting with rhinoplasty

kensei
Dec 27, 2007

My coworker: "so amused that the young ingenue progression is following the same track as Lindsay Lohan"

kensei
Dec 27, 2007

Erz posted:

Apparently Sherdog's Greg Savage said on the radio that theres a rumor Jones hid from an NSAC tester under the cage at his gym. hosed up if true.

I want to believe

kensei
Dec 27, 2007

Dangersim posted:

pull up thread, pull up

kensei
Dec 27, 2007

Dangersim posted:

I haven't seen this since Weidman knocked out Anderson, which I firmly believe broke PSP for a good six months. Good posters became bad, bad posters became good, it was chaos.

That's a strange way to recall one of the greatest events in UFC history

kensei
Dec 27, 2007

:snoop:

kensei
Dec 27, 2007

Matt Brown and Donald Cerrone are the dudes that should get those jobs for life when they are crippled and unable to fight any more

kensei
Dec 27, 2007

origami posted:

Just make sure not to accidentally google "bbw <location>" when trying to bring up directions on your phone.

:lol:

kensei
Dec 27, 2007

Auron posted:

I hope Weidman repeatedly punches his stupid curved head-cross through his skull.

Same.

Who did I have a bet with on this fight?

kensei
Dec 27, 2007

Trast posted:

Taking the Vitor end sounds like an Atom bet.

Pretty sure that is who it was

kensei
Dec 27, 2007

fatherdog posted:

I think it was budreck. After Vitor loses I may probate him anyway just to be on the safe side.

Ugh I don't want to go thru all my posts.

kensei
Dec 27, 2007

Based on this:

It was Atom, 30 days probation and the loser has to buy the avatar the winner picks out for them and keep it for at least 30 days.

(The AUG thread is probably where the bet is)

:hawksin:

kensei
Dec 27, 2007

Dr. Abysmal posted:

It's not a holiday I get a day off for so I still have to choose between a few more hours of sleep before work or witnessing the Most Exciting Fighter in UFC History.

West Coast Best Coast

kensei
Dec 27, 2007

fatherdog posted:

Go to wikipedia or google or whatever and check the date of the event (December 2013)

Then, assuming you have archives, go to PSP and go down to the bit at the bottom right corner, pick December 2013 on the dropdowns, and hit GO

That'll bring you to all the archived threads in PSP whose last posts were in December of 2013, which is only two pages worth so it's easy to find the GDT -

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3597264

A thread to be proud of.

kensei
Dec 27, 2007

POTATO IN MY ANUS posted:

My mom watches the fights with me and my girlfriend and she always roots for whoever has the least offensive hairstyle and/or tattoos if she doesn't know the fighters.

My and my best friend's wives also include walk out music and shorts styles/advertisements in their decision on who to root for.

kensei
Dec 27, 2007

LobsterMobster posted:

someone who is not me should probably make a gdt

Jesus you fuckers are lazy!

kensei
Dec 27, 2007

ICHIBAHN posted:

What time, GMT, does the main card begin please?

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3695266

GMT is 5 hours ahead, so 3 AM

kensei
Dec 27, 2007

Fozzy The Bear posted:

Looking at May in Vegas for Aldo/Coner

We went and looked at cards without main events, and that one stuck out. I wonder how much of a hang up there will be about the venue?

kensei
Dec 27, 2007

DumbWhiteGuy posted:

Fight Night last night put up a 1.7 overnight rating, making it probably the most-watched UFC event on FS1.

Mick Diaz, bringer of ratings

kensei
Dec 27, 2007

:allears:

kensei
Dec 27, 2007

Fat Twitter Man posted:

All fights should be in the WEC cage

A-men

kensei
Dec 27, 2007

Foul Fowl posted:

diaz/daley, diaz/penn and diaz/zaromskis to see why he's good. diaz/GSP, diaz/condit and diaz/cyborg to see why he's bad.

The best ones

kensei
Dec 27, 2007

Dangersim posted:

I'm coming up on a decade being a big mma fan and I find myself slowly turning into Bundt.

Nothing wrong with that, Bundt is a cool dude.

Captain Log posted:

I'm just more depressed than anything else. I have a hard time remembering fighters I like winning. I feel like I'm being punished for all that money I won off Matt Serra knocking out GSP a million years ago.

Also when Fedor lost to Werdum I remember being so loving angry I threw the remote to the TV across the room. From then on out its just been depression.

Fedor losing was pure ecstasy for most of us, and agony for a delusional few.

kensei
Dec 27, 2007

Page 100 with a week of Silva/Diaz hype to go? Goldmine here we come.

kensei
Dec 27, 2007

DumbWhiteGuy posted:

Chris Leben to tell all in new book.

He expects the book to be out in time for Christmas

This and the first Forrest book are the first two installments of the PSPMMA Book Club. We will not be reading the Matt Hughes Autobiography. Bonus points for Jenna Jameson videos if you can relate them to Tito!

kensei
Dec 27, 2007

Dangersim posted:

I didn't say he won the round, but it was more competitive then you all remember.

Nope

Yuriy posted:

none of this will matter once he loses to nick diaz and weidman loses to vitor

lol Nope

kensei
Dec 27, 2007

search for butt posted:

Diaz vs conduit

That fight was fun as hell and owned

kensei
Dec 27, 2007

Cerrowns - dude is stopping and having beers with fans while driving home

https://twitter.com/Cowboycerrone/status/560570987528593409

kensei
Dec 27, 2007

Intel&Sebastian posted:

I'm getting married in July and the miss recently dropped hints that she wouldn't mind just loving off to Vegas for it instead of all the crazy stuff she's planning here...

This is a dangerous line of thought for me and I will now promptly return to the default stance of "hon, whatever you want".

I got married in Vegas, highly recommended.

kensei
Dec 27, 2007

Northjayhawk posted:

Reportedly Belfort and his coaches told the UFC that Romero, Souza, Rockhold, or Munoz would all be acceptable substitutes for a potential interim title fight.

:lol:

kensei
Dec 27, 2007

MassRafTer posted:

Can't wait to see Anderson submit Vitor for the interim belt.

Yes

Gregor Samsa posted:

Apparently Cerrone called Dana yesterday and said he'd fight Woodley tonight if Kelvin had needed to pull out.

I love that guy.

He is the best

kensei
Dec 27, 2007

UFC FEB - Cards, hopes and dreams collapsing

kensei
Dec 27, 2007

UFC Feb - No really, that is the main event, the poster is wrong

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kensei
Dec 27, 2007

The Fight at the end of the Super Bowl was better than Diaz/Silva.

• Locked thread