Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mazzagatti2Hotty
Jan 23, 2012

JON JONES APOLOGIST #3
The best part of Jones beating Cormier in such a dominant fashion is the arguments we'll get to see in this thread in three months during the build up to Jones/Gus 2 or Jones/Rumble about how Cormier was never really all that good to begin with, so this win wasn't really all that impressive.

Mazzagatti2Hotty fucked around with this message at 07:19 on Jan 4, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mazzagatti2Hotty
Jan 23, 2012

JON JONES APOLOGIST #3

maffew buildings posted:

jones will never fight gus again nor johnson

Is it because of the impending rape indictment or some other reason?

Mazzagatti2Hotty
Jan 23, 2012

JON JONES APOLOGIST #3
The crotch chop was not meant as a gesture of disrespect, Jones was just calling for a fight against CM Punk by announcing that he's joined Degeneration X. Triple HHH will corner Jones for the fight.

Mazzagatti2Hotty
Jan 23, 2012

JON JONES APOLOGIST #3

david carmichael posted:

rumble is big and strong, and he absolutely handled davis and nog. his fight against arlovski doesn't give me a whole lot of confidence for his chances against jones however

Yeah I think Rumble has an outside chance due to his sheer power, but if he can't crack Jones chin he will likely get outclassed in every way.

Mazzagatti2Hotty
Jan 23, 2012

JON JONES APOLOGIST #3
It's pretty funny that people still get mad about Anderson grabbing the shorts of Chael Sonnen, the guy who has been empirically proven to have taken literally all the PEDs.

Mazzagatti2Hotty
Jan 23, 2012

JON JONES APOLOGIST #3
I just cannot believe that Anderson grabbed the shorts of a man who took so many steroids that a doctor testified under oath about how his balls shriveled up and faded into the ether. Truly Silva is the worst cheater in the history of MMA.

Mazzagatti2Hotty
Jan 23, 2012

JON JONES APOLOGIST #3

Disgusting Coward posted:

If you think that there is a single top-level athlete who isn't at least 70% steroids by volume then I dunno what to tell you, mein freund.

Sure it's easy to make that claim, but in this case we have one guy who was also being drug tested and never came back positive, and another guy who got suspended once for roiding then later fired from two jobs at the same time after doubling down apparently in the hope that if he took enough drugs at once Nevada's mass spectrometry equipment would catch fire, rendering the testing results invalid.

Mazzagatti2Hotty
Jan 23, 2012

JON JONES APOLOGIST #3

david carmichael posted:

remember when jon jones said "i bet i could take you down" and then daniel cormier threw a 9 month tantrum because of it, and then jon jones took him down a bunch and daniel cormier cried and probably has diabetes? good times.

Afterwards he took the time in the press conference to troll everyone in the wrestling world who rooted against him, fans who bought the break bones shirts, other prominent MMA gyms, and Cormier himself.

What I'm saying is Jon "Bones" Jones owns.

Mazzagatti2Hotty
Jan 23, 2012

JON JONES APOLOGIST #3

Intel&Sebastian posted:

And looked just as terrible as ever boxing while backing up.

Cormier actually said Jones hurt him several times countering while backing up, which was something he didn't think Jones could do and thus didn't gameplan for.

Keven. Just. Keven posted:

Chael Sonnen cheated extensively every fight he ever had in his life via drug use and in the end it cost him all of his jobs. Seems like Anderson is a more effective cheater which is an important part of the fight game.

In Chael's defense, his flagrant cheating gave us the fans three title fights featuring himself dying in increasingly funny ways, two hilarious NSAC hearings, ultimately landed him a job where he gets paid by ESPN to drop burns on Tim Kennedy, and may have literally saved the lives of Brian Stann and Michael Bisping.

Mazzagatti2Hotty
Jan 23, 2012

JON JONES APOLOGIST #3
I don't know, I love Anderson and would like to see him return to his winning ways but on the other hand the internet will go loving insane if a Diaz beats him, I can't really decide which I'd like to see more.

Mazzagatti2Hotty
Jan 23, 2012

JON JONES APOLOGIST #3
Here's the question, if Silva wins does he get another run at the Middleweight belt, or does Dana jump at the opportunity to set up the Jones/Silva super-fight Weidman ruined?

Mazzagatti2Hotty
Jan 23, 2012

JON JONES APOLOGIST #3

Bubba Smith posted:

god drat do you remember when the worst thing about Jon Jones was how he stabbed a friend in the back? Then like 3 years later he's a drunk driving eye poking homophobic antichrist. what the gently caress

Was that when he accepted the title shot after Rashad got injured? I was barely watching MMA at the time and wasn't aware of the details of why that was such a bad thing to do.

Mazzagatti2Hotty
Jan 23, 2012

JON JONES APOLOGIST #3
Yeah I still don't see why Jon saying that is such a horrific betrayal. It seems like if Faber had gotten injured leading up to the second Barao fight and TJ stepped in, won the belt, and said the same thing we would not have seen so much retarded drama come out of it.

Not that I think fighting someone in your own gym is a great idea or anything. It seems like nothing good can really come out of it, and I'm glad Faber and TJ are smart enough to have said that they're not fighting each other.

Mazzagatti2Hotty
Jan 23, 2012

JON JONES APOLOGIST #3
Yeah if Rashad really really didn't want to fight Jones he could have stuck to his guns and never fought for the belt. It just seemed like a convenient excuse to paint Jones as the villain while Rashad still got what he really wanted, another run at the belt.

Mazzagatti2Hotty
Jan 23, 2012

JON JONES APOLOGIST #3

Ariza posted:

Is Dillashaw gonna fight Faber? If TAM can do it, anyone can loving do it.

He said in a recent interview that he doesn't want to fight Faber.

Mazzagatti2Hotty
Jan 23, 2012

JON JONES APOLOGIST #3
The best part about that whole feud was how Shad had everyone convinced that he was going to dominate Jones via wrestling because he laid on him in training that one time. Then when his shot finally came along he opted to instead go for the "Stand as still as possible and make no attempt to take the opponent down or strike him in any way" strategy. Blackzilians.

Mazzagatti2Hotty
Jan 23, 2012

JON JONES APOLOGIST #3
Hahaha I knew something huge must have happened when I saw there were 327 new posts but holy poo poo.

I'll reiterate: Jon "Bones" Jones Owns (loads of blow).

Mazzagatti2Hotty
Jan 23, 2012

JON JONES APOLOGIST #3
Speaking of Fight Pass, when is the next Fight Pass card? Like the giant retard I am I paid for the one year option back in July thinking 7.99 per month was worth it as long as we were getting a card or two each month, but we didn't have any in December and I can't find a listing for one in January or February.

I like having access to the archives and Fight Pass prelims and stuff but if I can't get my monthly dose of TUF:Brazil castaways murdering each other I'm going to switch back to only paying for months that actually have full cards.

Mazzagatti2Hotty
Jan 23, 2012

JON JONES APOLOGIST #3

Keven. Just. Keven posted:

Jon Jones txt:

Sat in a chair weird once
Wore the same shirt as rashad evans
Owns a cat
Has been the unfortunate victim of twitter hacking
Beat up machida even though machida does karate
Caught a purse snatcher, but only because he's fake.
Gave two drunk women a ride home after a night out, in order to keep them safe and keep them from drunk driving
Wore a white suit to a high school dance

I think that's it.

Punched his opponent before the fight ended.

Mazzagatti2Hotty
Jan 23, 2012

JON JONES APOLOGIST #3
I love Anderson as much as anyone, but I have no desire to see a third Weidman fight without some indication that it would go any better than the last two. I just don't see what the Diaz fight can possibly reveal that would make another Weidman challenge compelling.

Mazzagatti2Hotty
Jan 23, 2012

JON JONES APOLOGIST #3
I mean if Silva is really gunning for the fight and sitting in Dana's office everyday begging for it or something then I guess more power to him, I just don't know that I want to pay the new and improved PPV price of 59.95 to see him die over and over to the same person. (Though I'll buy it anyway if they keep pairing Weidman with Rhonda on every card.)

Mazzagatti2Hotty
Jan 23, 2012

JON JONES APOLOGIST #3

Agreed posted:

Related but separate thought - what does a promotion do with high-draw, very limited time fighters, though? If you don't let a guy like Silva fight -right now- it's over soon. If anyone hires Brock Lesnar in MMA, they better pump some fights out of him really quickly too. The whole draw is almost in the freakshow aspect of it. What would legitimately be a good fight for Silva, at this point? Is there a good fight for him at his age and given his history in MMA? A bad opponent is a joke, a great one is too much of a risk? Should he just retire, and if so, you want to tell him?

I'm all for giving him great opponents, just not Weidman. At least not off of a win over Nick Diaz, whose style is in no way reminiscent of Weidman's whatsoever and will tell us nothing about how a third Weidman fight would go differently.

Give him the biggest money fights you can while he's still physically capable and if, along the way, it looks like he's ready for another title shot then do it.

Mazzagatti2Hotty
Jan 23, 2012

JON JONES APOLOGIST #3
I refuse to believe that Ron Stallings is the name of an actual MMA fighter, and not a character from a comedy about a washed-up NASCAR driver.

Mazzagatti2Hotty
Jan 23, 2012

JON JONES APOLOGIST #3
Jon Jones' battle with drugs, much like his fight with noted drug abuser Chael Sonnen, was won in a single round. Truly the Greatest Of All Time.

Mazzagatti2Hotty
Jan 23, 2012

JON JONES APOLOGIST #3
Jones helping to usher casual MMA fans to the ultimate revelation: that Our Sport is entirely illegitimate and immeasurably gay.

Mazzagatti2Hotty
Jan 23, 2012

JON JONES APOLOGIST #3
Wait, doesn't Bendo actually have to sign a contract in order to fight Cerrone? Or does he sign a contract to fight on a particular date against an unspecified opponent? I know I just posted that our sport is not real but good lord.

Mazzagatti2Hotty
Jan 23, 2012

JON JONES APOLOGIST #3
I'm rooting for McGregor, mainly because Aldo is cool and I want him to get a PPV that he can actually make some decent money off of before he undertakes the series of rematches-without-end.

Mazzagatti2Hotty
Jan 23, 2012

JON JONES APOLOGIST #3
If Siver wins I hope they give the shot to Dillashaw as he requested, because that would be a pretty rad fight and who the gently caress else is TJ going to fight anytime soon?

Mazzagatti2Hotty
Jan 23, 2012

JON JONES APOLOGIST #3
Who was the guy that got real mad about people predicting a dominant champ was going to win? Because I'd like to know the Bravery Rating of posts saying Jose Aldo will kick a leg (he will).

Mazzagatti2Hotty
Jan 23, 2012

JON JONES APOLOGIST #3
The main reason I don't have too much of an issue with McGregor getting his shot off a win over Siver is that all the guys he's "leap-frogging" have fought and been beaten by Aldo. It makes sense for them to take a guy on a win-streak with a lot of hype behind him and get him in there just for the sake of keeping the title picture fresh.

Once Jose is done kicking Conor's legs until they break down into subatomic particles he can get back to round-robin rematching guys he's already beaten until the end of time. I'm just happy he'll be getting a good payday for a fight people will actually watch in the meantime.

Mazzagatti2Hotty
Jan 23, 2012

JON JONES APOLOGIST #3

TheCool69 posted:

Thanks for this post.

With regards to my comments about Rumble having the edge on rounds 4/5 i ment that i think he has long time and since Gus has shown tendency to get hit with clean shots(I'm using Shogun fight as a example) Rumble might catch Gus with a power shot and hurt the Swede.

But other than that like you said. Interesting match. I'm lucky enough to get to see it live so the atmosphere should be electric.

It's hard for me to see Rumble winning this based on how well Gustaffson boxed up Jones, but then again I really didn't give him much of a chance of dominating Phil Davis like he did either. Either way it should be an exciting fight, and I'm extremely envious of you getting to watch it live!

It's cool though that the suspected domestic abuser is fighting the guy who admitted to beating the poo poo out of a woman during his teen years for the right to challenge Jon Jones, who almost killed two strippers by ramming his car into a telephone pole and is Likely a Serial Rapist. They should set the title fight up for September to coincide with 21st anniversary of the Violence Against Women Act.

Mazzagatti2Hotty
Jan 23, 2012

JON JONES APOLOGIST #3
The Gus stoppage was crazy late, since Gus was absolutely not intelligently defending himself as evidenced by him getting blasted by rumble over and over again. The ref even called out to Gus that he needed to fight back, then let him eat 20 more unanswered punches before saying it again, then finally stopping the fight a few punches later.

The most plausible explanation is that the ref wanted to ensure that Gustafsson's victims were finally avenged, now that he'd at last returned to the scene of his many violent crimes. All of Stockholm fell silent in awe at the sight of justice finally being done.

Mazzagatti2Hotty
Jan 23, 2012

JON JONES APOLOGIST #3

Fat Twitter Man posted:

Conscious and thinking about standing up. I wouldn't complain if the ref stopped it, and as soon as it became clear he wasn't going to get up, it was time for a stoppage.

Conscious perhaps, but there's no evidence Gus was thinking of anything other than "Make it stop, I'm ready to go home now."

Mazzagatti2Hotty
Jan 23, 2012

JON JONES APOLOGIST #3
Hey guys I want to clarify those things I said earlier, they were not intended to be either racist or homophobic. I hope this clears up any misunderstanding about the fact that I am, indeed, a reasonable person, and if you disagree I will post a video on youtube challenging you to a fight in real life. Cheers!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mazzagatti2Hotty
Jan 23, 2012

JON JONES APOLOGIST #3
I'm glad that Joe was kind of downplaying another Weidman fight at the end of the card. I expected them to go into a full-on Silva-Weidman III blitz as soon as the fight was over, even when it's clear that Silva isn't there yet. Just let the man have fun fights and retire in peace as opposed to pieces.

Also LOL at Diaz being the evasive fighter and throwing spinning poo poo.

• Locked thread