Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

Mazzagatti2Hotty posted:

The crotch chop was not meant as a gesture of disrespect, Jones was just calling for a fight against CM Punk by announcing that he's joined Degeneration X. Triple HHH will corner Jones for the fight.

That ref on the undercard made an X with his arms as his signature ref pose, so we now have the foundations for the new DX. I'm sure that Dana White is a big DX Band fan, so we are going to have some rockin' national anthems at UFC shows from here on out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

he knows...

david carmichael posted:

he was getting bullied in the clinch the entire fight. when he couldn't push jones up against the cage at all you could see him just sorta give up. add to that the fact that he got hit in the flabby body approximately 100 times and he just had nothing left

I don't think it is accurate to say that he was bullied in the clinch the entire fight. His best work in the first three rounds was in the clinch with dirty boxing away from the cage. The clinch only became his enemy when Jones could use his weight and leverage against he cage, which was mostly the story in the championship rounds.

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

he knows...

freud mayweather posted:

Anderson's world class cheating in the Chael fight is just making his case stronger.

Aldo's cage grabs, Jones's eyepokes, hell even Greasegate. All the p4p best fighters cheat. Not really sure where Cheick Kongo went wrong.

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

he knows...

Dr. Abysmal posted:

Werdum: I don't like the Jones so much, because so much cock. Cock guy.

Jones: I can be such a pervert sometimes.

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

he knows...

That card was already probably too big for FS1 and now it is just silly that it isn't on big Fox.

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

he knows...

canoshiz posted:

Speaking of fighters who are bad with money, Carla Esparza split a $1000 sunday with Felice Herrig and this somehow doesn't surprise me at all.

poo poo doesn't even have a cookie. She's faker than Jon Jones.

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

he knows...

canoshiz posted:

http://www.mmalatestnews.com/tuf-21-fresh-look-ultimate-fighter/

Apparently ATT vs Blackzilians is actually happening according to this source, mmalatestnews dot com. Anyone see anything official about this?

Anything to keep the Blackzilians away from their spouses for a bit.

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

he knows...

Will they allow his giant cat in rehab?

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

he knows...

Roy is going to weather the storm and then send Alistair into outer space.

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

he knows...

Does Jones have any legal recourse for the AC accidentally testing him for something that isn't banned, thus putting it on public record?

Because I would buy Fight Pass for a stream of that court case.

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

he knows...

Detroit_Dogg posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B_VszNc7uK0

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahahahahhahahahahahahahahahhahaha

"International champion of MMA"

*shows picture of him with the WWF Intercontinental Title*

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

he knows...

Nog should have retired right then and there. He got to defend the honor of his bread and butter in front of his home country, and there would have been no better way to ride into the sunset. Instead we will have to watch him be shuffled from this mortal coil by the next schlub with any semblance of KO power that he fights.

(My phone wanted to autocorrect schlub to Schaub, which is hilarious but even he couldn't get the job done against the ghost of Nog)

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

he knows...

Dangersim posted:

what is going on in here the last couple days

Jon Jones is in rehab so more drugs are available for everyone to snort.

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

he knows...

CommonShore posted:

Cool. I like him. I also like how they're so worried about corruption that they get an FBI check on the refs, presumably for mob ties.

With Vegas and boxing's history, it's probably the only competent thing this commission does.

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

he knows...

Lungboy posted:

"Nipped in the butt" is fantastic.

Confirmed: Jon Jones is boofing

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

he knows...

red19fire posted:

Jon Jones can't even go to rehab for drug addiction sincerely.

It's not even fair to the other addicts. His legs are so long that he only has to take one step instead of twelve. Fedor could do rehab better than him anyways.

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

he knows...

Celebrity does drugs and then attends rehab as a PR stunt

Breaking news: MMA now as fake as any other form of fame.

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

he knows...

2015 is already better than all of 2014 combined and it's been two weeks.

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

he knows...

Is this really a Sunday card starting at 10 PM EST? Does Fox not want people to watch the UFC?

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

he knows...

1st AD posted:

Lmao if Pettis gets hurt and Carla Esparza headlines a UFC PPV

The UFC would sooner cancel.

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

he knows...

Dr. Abysmal posted:

It's not a holiday I get a day off for so I still have to choose between a few more hours of sleep before work or witnessing the Most Exciting Fighter in UFC History.

This is where I fall and we both work for racist bullshit companies :respek:

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

he knows...

Intel&Sebastian posted:

Wanting to see someone fight a good wrestle/boxer when they haven't fought any good ones and are about to leapfrog their way into a title shot off of a win over Siver isn't necessarily some internet revenge trip, that's a perfectly rational thing to expect a contender to go through before getting a title shot. Yeah I'm sure there's "haters" out there who are convinced he would never survive that kind of fight and want to gloat over it if he loses...but his fans aren't exactly vindicated by him NOT going through that fight. There's just as many reasons for someone who loves him to want to fight a real wrestler as someone who hates him. If I was a true blue Conor superfan right now I'd be saying "give us Frankie, give us Mendes, give us Lamas. My boy will starch them too no question."

But all things considered I don't really mind because Aldo deserves this payday, and if you have to protect a super popular guy to do it then so be it. Just don't be telling me he's had a tough road to get there or that there's no questions at all about whether he truly deserves the shot more than others.

At this point, the only person who is getting passed over for the shot is Frankie Edgar. All of the other top contenders either just fought Aldo (Lamas, Mendes) or lost their streaks (Bermudez, Cub). Sure the UFC protected Conor, but the elite in the division also helped him by removing each other from contention.

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

he knows...

Can we all try our hardest to spell Conor correctly? I'd hate for him to win and then we have two champs with names that nobody can seem to spell right.

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

he knows...

THE BUTT MAN posted:

the only shocking part of the BJ Penn arrest is that nobody edited his wikipedia page to include a win over Kuala Lampur or whatever the gently caress his friends name is

For some context, his friend's name means sweetheart. About 3 weeks too early for BJ Penn to go to town on some Sweethearts.

He's fat and likes candy

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

he knows...

canoshiz posted:

edit: Looks like Aldo wants to make some money http://instagram.com/p/yNIrhcDTjk/

This loving owns. I'm glad Jose is final going get to some fat stacks.

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

he knows...

Bubba Smith posted:

The cool thing about Rumble is he may or may not have admitted to steroid use, already had domestic abuse charges put against him, missed weight a bunch of times, and violently killed a helpless Spaniard who in hindsight should have been separated by no less than 5 weight divisions.

All I'm saying is Rumble might be the only guy who has what it takes to stand up to whatever real demon is behind the Jon Jones mask.

Rumble is the personification of MMA. An avatar of the MMA gods taking human form to unseat the best living fighter and then fail a post-fight drug test for PCP, simultaneously killing the sport and all of us via laughter.

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

he knows...

Fat Twitter Man posted:

Gustafsson was mostly defending himself

In what world is turtling up and eating massive uppercuts and punches to the ear defending yourself?

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

he knows...

Who Gotch Ya posted:

Only if they kiss too.

BTW apparently somebody got his butt hurt and started some post talking poo poo about me on some forum dedicated to bitching about things that happen on this forum. I think that poo poo is hilarious.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AL1otYVDntk

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JiIlbz4BrJk

Avatar/poster coordination is rad. 10/10 would watch again.

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

he knows...

Who Gotch Ya posted:

The loudest bar reaction I ever heard was when a guy shot heroin into his dick

Ian McCall is popular at the bar I watch UFC at as well.

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

he knows...

Intel&Sebastian posted:

The intent to sell charge might mean he wasn't on the stuff...maybe.

I think if you have a certain amount you are always charged with intent to sell. Jeff Hardy got slapped with that charge too when he just wanted to amass all the drugs and do them.

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

he knows...

Shumagorath posted:

wait not only did nick no-show but his bags flew without him? Isn't that against rule #1 of airline security?

I like that Nick drove to the airport, parked his car, checked in his bags, probably went through security, and then went, "Naw."

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

he knows...

Dr. Abysmal posted:

Here's another classic XFS women's bout from just a few weeks ago.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Lu79tvNsxc

That ended in a straight up execution

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

he knows...

My right forearm has two plates in it and it hurts like hell when they get hit. Lex Luger is full of poo poo.

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

he knows...

Well 2015, you had a good run.

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

he knows...

Marching Powder posted:

that loving sucks about weidman.

however is aldo / mcgregor in vegas?

The July card is always in Vegas because of International Fight Week.

Maybe this year they can get House of Pain to play live for McGregor's entrance to top the Papa Roach/POD monster double bill last year.

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

he knows...

Bubba Smith posted:

Ariel just said Weidman's injury is he hosed up his rib. He expects to be back by the summer. They'll probably just postpone the Vitor fight until August. Though it would be cool as co-main to Aldo/McGregor, even if it is the higher weight class.

No way they put another title match in the Jose/Conor card when it will sell plenty well on its own.

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

he knows...

origami posted:

I feel like I've been seeing a lot of crotch drops

Ian McCall is a lovely dude but sometimes he is hard to dislike.

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

he knows...

Yechezkel posted:

Announced on Fox Sports 1:
Main event of UFC Fight Night on Feb. 14: Benson Henderson vs. Brandon Thatch - welterweight bout

Has Thatch ever been adequately wrestled?

Also, this had better lead to a Bendo/Cowboy game of one upsmanship that leads to then fighting on short notice in increasingly higher weight classes. Cowboy/Werdum in Mexico is going to be awesome, especially when Cowboys ends up a Mexican fugitive somehow.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

he knows...

"I want the guy coming off of two devastating losses to fight me for a fake title belt. My time has been delayed so much because I had to get off steroids."

It would be amazing if the fight happened and Muņoz pulled out the win somehow. And then we'd have to watch him for again and we would all be sad.

• Locked thread